Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

So I guess the spotlight now turns to Bevo. Going into 2025 with an ageing number of players: Bont (29), Libba (32) (McRae (29), Jones (34), Keath (33), (Treloar (32), Lobb (32), Duryea (34), Johannsen (33), Harmes (29), Scott (29) A lot of middling players: Coffield, Baker, Gardner, Poulter, McNeil, Vandermeer. Youth that hasn't come on: Busslinger, Sanders.

Reactions: 1 user
So I guess the spotlight now turns to Bevo. Going into 2025 with an ageing number of players: Bont (29), Libba (32) (McRae (29), Jones (34), Keath (33), (Treloar (32), Lobb (32), Duryea (34), Johannsen (33), Harmes (29), Scott (29) A lot of middling players: Coffield, Baker, Gardner, Poulter, McNeil, Vandermeer. Youth that hasn't come on: Busslinger, Sanders.
It’s actually not great for them. They make finals, but don’t last long and get very little out of the draft due to their finishing spot.

Further to this.

I thought I'd conduct a bit of a social experiment on my walk this morning - where every passer-by must be greeted with a 'Good morning', 'Morning' or some form of pleasant verbal acknowledgement.

Of the many people I encountered, the majority received it warmly. Guess which age demographic couldn't even find the decency to raise their heads from their phones?

It's not telling me anything I didn't already know, but more reinforces it. The 'Zoomers' or whatever the hell they're called spend their lives on social media and phones, yet studies show loneliness is at an all-time high.

It's incredibly sad that they're born into a world of non-stop screens, seeking shallow validation online, yet can't even greet a passer-by in the street in real-life social interaction.

I feel so, so sorry for them.
I think I can help you here. Were you wearing any form of Carlton paraphernalia?
Seriously though, I always say gidday and just about everyone responds. Teenagers are mostly shy. Worked with them for 40 years.
They've been brought up with stranger danger since they were four.
Persist.

Dorks fans out in droves at some shops. I saw a few wearing their 2015 poo and wee tops.

I was talking to a big swans fan this morning. He is worried.
He said they remind him of Richmond in 2018, played their best footy at the start whilst others are flying now.
Very pessimistic.

Out of contract at the end of 2025

Can’t work out why they haven’t played Busslinger, he has had a great vfl season.

Reactions: 1 users
Hogan is great. Is it really true he begged Tigers to take him when he left the Dockers??

Richo just said exactly what is wrong with our game “ technically that decision can be correct “ grey grey grey

Is this supposed to be an East Germany v West Germany type of war?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Papley being papley.

The GWS players seem to know what a pr!!!ck he seems to be.

Edit typical chnl 7 don’t show the replay of his free……………………

So far it seems to be an advantage to not have out and out superstar players.

Hawks and Cats have no-one obvious you would tag, just an even contribution.

So far, Gulden, Warner and Heeney haven't been prominent, the Giants another even side.

We were the same during our dynasty, we weren't relying on guys to get it 30+ times.