Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

Boy he was bad. The whole bulldogs setup is so soft. They got bullied by a bunch of kids. What a pissweak side. Did one single bulldogs player show aggression? Or win their position?
Thought Rory Lobb was ok but those around him pizz poor. Selection were was Poulter West Scott. Harmes how did he get into the act ?.

Reactions: 1 user
I've got to say the Hawk's footy is fun to watch, and I don't mind their brash celebrations either, their fans love it so stuff everyone else.
I don’t get the fun to watch line….whether it’s hawks now or pies last two years. Or even us. Winning footy is what I look for.

If Hawks had have kicked better the result could have been as ugly as last night.
Bevo didn't seem to make many changes.
Liberatore well beaten.

Last edited:
Kudos to Sam Mitchell.

What a great operator.

A highly driven individual, great football brain and a very good communicator.

He has those young hawks playing a brilliant system with lots of energy and complete buy in. Confidence and belief is sky high.

Not sure if they'll go all the way but they will give it a good shake.

I hope our rebuild will end up similar.

Reactions: 9 users
CLean out time @ Whitten Oval.
McCrae
Smurf
Smith
Johannisan
Keath
They should have been Collingwood ruthless and let English go. Trade Naughton too.

Pies knew they could get similar output from a guy on 1/3 of the wage. It was unpopular at the time, but all forgotten after the 2023 flag.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t get the fun to watch line….whether it’s hawks now or pies last two years. Or even us. Winning footy is what I look for.
Pressure, skills, teamwork and speed is the common denominator.

I get that it's fun to watch.

And it's an Haw/umpire love fest.
Yes, it was back to "Freekick Hawthorn."
A lot more revenue expansion for AFL in a Dorks membership expanding again with success while poorer Dogs fans virtually at their limit with higher cost of living, interest rates high?
Follow the $$$ for AFL, always.

Didn't watch much of this but what I saw, gee, Hawthorn set up so well in defence. Footscray just had nowhere to go and were forced to kick to a contest in their forward line. From there Hawthorn could spoil and clear. Meanwhile, when they clear the ball there are multiple runners offering an option to slingshot to the other end of the ground. They are going to worry anyone they play.

DS

AFL turnover average is 65 for the year.

Dogs at 77 so far. Many of them under no pressure.

Outplayed by Hawthorn ...and by themselves.
Yer, it's amazing how finals outs frauds ... so much more than H & A games. Amazing; the blowtorch effect.

Boy he was bad. The whole bulldogs setup is so soft. They got bullied by a bunch of kids. What a pissweak side. Did one single bulldogs player show aggression? Or win their position?
Yes, Lobb actually. Almost their best IMO.

Reactions: 1 user