Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Week 1 Finals: the bowl splatter games.

Nose rubbing like this is a just reward for these arrogant smug wankers who have achieved NOTHING.

Ahhh and the RFC has a hamdful of draft picks coming ......whats the Kochies got ..............................................

Not much.

Will say - Did get that wrong. Thought at the price at the time they were an injury away from there midfield being obliterated.

Like nearly everyone at one stage - fell into the trap of under estimating them.

Gotta hand it to them. Amazing club. Well coached. Wells is a genius.

They have walked into a prelim while we have what - 5 years rebuilding again.

14 of the last 18 years have made the prelim.

And still going strong....Think about that. Farrrkkk...

True hope they dont win it but for us, we at least won 3 flags a dynasty. So I'm happy to rebuild and go again. Trust me cats are 1-2 years away from falling off the cliff and no getting around this one. Once their older stars depart that's it can't be relying on their role players to keep them up.

It is easy to nab a player here and there in free agency and trades as they have done during the last decade like we have whilst our players were in their prime but when they lose say 8-10 top players from this senior side in the next 2 years let's see how they go.

Reactions: 1 users
Stanley beat Sweet.
Should Sweet just retire?

Ratonmygear, Therk Thatcher & Soldo
It will go down as the biggest list management *"*'^* up in AFL history.

Everyone and anyone knew those 3 wouldn't win u a flag.

*smile* Geelong. 14 preliminary finals in 18 seasons. Just incredible. Never seen a club be able to continuously regenerate a list like they can.

We had more success in a short time frame but have fallen off the cliff at 1000 miles an hour and are now many years away from competing again.

As great as the 3 flags were I’m not sure how we have found ourselves so far into the abyss so quickly. The balance Geelong has is enviable.

Reactions: 5 users
Connor Rozee copping a flogging on Port Adelaide Big Footy

Get this ****ing fairy out of the club

Like Gift Quote Reply
Report •••

In that disastrous second half he had:
  • 1 contested possession
  • 4 effective disposals
It's one of the unfathomable narratives of the AFL.

Butters and Rozee have achieved precisely nothing of any actual importance.

Rozee is simply not captaincy material.

At times I feel sorry for the bloke, but then I remember when he kicks a goal in a soft kill at the Adelaide Oval, the first thing he does is look to the crowd for affirmation. Something happens when you get recruited to the Power. You lose humility and you gain self-importance.

They have a messianic need for heroes over there, which probably doesn't help.

But you just know those three midfield cats will get a free pass from the media, as they always do.

Port are all-in on a handful of deadset midfield duds.

Give them more AA blazers so they feel better about themselves.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Geelong pluck players from everywhere.

I was convinced they were 12 months behind us going off a cliff but you can’t write them off.

Best list builders in the comp.
The main criticism of the Cats seems to be the rather lame jab that they didn’t win 7 or 8 flags since 2007 when they made so many prelims.

True hope they dont win it but for us, we at least won 3 flags a dynasty. So I'm happy to rebuild and go again. Trust me cats are 1-2 years away from falling off the cliff and no getting around this one. Once their older stars depart that's it won't be relying on the role players to keep them up.

It is easy to nab a player here and there in free agency and trades as they have done during the last decade like we have whilst our players were in their prime but when they lose say 8-10 top players from this senior side in the next 2 years let's see how they go.

Reckon you and most were saying that 5 or more years ago.

They have Dempsey who won the Rising Star, Holmes (who they traded with us to get) who is as good as young midfielder in the country.

Add Mannagh, Humphroes, Henry X2, Stengle, Miers, Neale etc etc.

They are the guys carrying them now. Cameron and Dangerfield are the only prime movers that will retire soon.

The genius of Wells will ensure they will (unfortunately) keep competing.

Reactions: 6 users
It's one of the unfathomable narratives of the AFL.

Butters and Rozee have achieved precisely nothing of any actual importance.

Rozee is simply not captaincy material.

At times I feel sorry for the bloke, but then I remember when he kicks a goal in a soft kill at the Adelaide Oval, the first thing he does is look to the crowd for affirmation. Something happens when you get recruited to the Power. You lose humility and you gain self-importance.

They have a messianic need for heroes over there, which probably doesn't help.

But you just know those three midfield cats will get a free pass from the media, as they always do.

Port are all-in on a handful of deadset midfield duds.

Give them more AA blazers so they feel better about themselves.
The first thing I’d do if I was coach or CEO, is pizz off that cringy tear us apart song crap. Achieved nothing and acting like they are Man United

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
True hope they dont win it but for us, we at least won 3 flags a dynasty. So I'm happy to rebuild and go again. Trust me cats are 1-2 years away from falling off the cliff and no getting around this one. Once their older stars depart that's it can't be relying on their role players to keep them up.

People have been saying it since we smacked them in 2020. I was hoping it. But they won a flag 2 years later and are into a PF another two years later with a massive chance of going all the way. I’m not sure how you can believe that with so much conviction. They had plenty of good players tonight who are not old. They didn’t miss Hawkins or Stewart. They just keep finding players. Lawson played in a reserves grand final in the WAFL last year!! Bailey Smith will be on board next year and they are now one of the premier free agent destinations. They even somehow turned Jack Bowes into a half decent player!!

I feel those predicting a cliff fall will be very disappointed. They just keep getting it done.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

“We” have been saying for years that cats are 1 to 2 years from falling off a cliff.
No one said that about us until we pancaked like Wil E Coyote at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

You're right Riddles, but if they meet Swans it'll be at SCG? Keep forgetting these rules.
Nuh. They won tonight so have earnt a home PF at MCG. The only way they play the Swans is if they lose this week and win the week after but it will be at the MCG. If the Swans lose this week they relinquish top seed and home ground advantage in PF. Winners of QFs get home ground advantage in PF.

The first thing I’d do if I was coach or CEO, is pizz off that cringy tear us apart song crap. Achieved nothing and acting like they are Man United
Yep it does nothing but embarrass them.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Reckon you and most were saying that 5 or more years ago.

They have Dempsey who won the Rising Star, Holmes (who they traded with us to get) who is as good as young midfielder in the country.

Add Mannagh, Humphroes, Henry X2, Stengle, Miers, Neale etc etc.

They are the guys carrying them now. Cameron and Dangerfield are the only prime movers that will retire soon.

The genius of Wells will ensure they will (unfortunately) keep competing.
Add in all the soft kills they get handed at Kitty Litter Park every season.