Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Had to laugh at the one they paid for the rushed behind and cast my mind back to our last game against the Dawks where it wasn’t paid
Its joke. They never pay it when it might be there, then pluck one out at an important point in a game a few times a year and when its not there. Its woeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh I thought broad was going to be the only one that copped it. (Ridiculously bad rushed behind adjudication)

Too many umpires so standard is crap.

A bit like the comp where more teams than talent.

Bummers crying ready to tear down the G over a couple of umpiring decisions that went against them in favour of the Pussies
We cop this crap every game where we’re umpired differently compared to other sides If we complain we get laughed at

Reactions: 4 users
Looking forward to seeing the office menace tomorrow who every week asks condescendingly "how were the umpires?" and has a good chuckle about the supposed conspiracy against Richmond.

Reactions: 3 users
Looking forward to seeing the office menace tomorrow who every week asks condescendingly "how were the umpires?" and has a good chuckle about the supposed conspiracy against Richmond.
Punch him in the face. And then say “that’s what it felt like”.
See whether he comes back the following week. If he does. Double it. :bash

Reactions: 1 user
St Kilda goal for not handing the ball back?!

Umpiring needs a complete overhaul. New people, new ideas, just a complete refresh and rebrand.

It's the worst it's ever been. It's impacting grass roots umpire numbers, there's zero respect between umpires and players and fans.

It's become a catastrophic failure.

It's in your court now Kane and Dillon, cos people are walking away from footy

How can a team (RIchmond VFL) kick 8 goals in the last quarter in a highly contested match and the frees go 0-8 to the opposition? What’s our free kick differential in the VFL?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
40 seconds left Rioli kicks it 25 metres to Blight across the back pocket - Ump calls ‘play on’ , Blight kick smothered opens up another goal opportunity for Carlton before the break. Deep-seated rooted bias crap

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Our best free kick differential for the year. 2nd positive count for the year, previous best was +2, today +5.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
That free to Baker in front of goal was an example of what I really hate. Yes, he was taken high and deservedly got the free. But the free should have been paid a second or two earlier when he was first tackled - because he didn't have the bloody ball. So many Holding the Man frees missed every week, *smile* me no end.

DS

• Angry
The AFL media department very quiet at the moment. No discussions around umpiring.
nowhere to hide, so they're hiding... if you get my drift..
how could they not know they have a problem?
unless their collective heads are in the sand, which would be no surprise..

No comment from AFL media apologist umpiring dept this week on dubious umpiring decisions
Just said any queries on umpiring will be dealt between AFL and club concerned

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
No comment from AFL media apologist umpiring dept this week on dubious umpiring decisions
Just said any queries on umpiring will be dealt between AFL and club concerned
That’s only because she digs herself into a bigger hole when she tries to explain anything. That’s why she’s out of her depth, the hole gets deeper.

Reactions: 2 users