Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Finally. This needs to get stamped out hard.
Fines aren't enough IMO. This staging frees can cost goals, can cost games. Start suspending them. It's flat out cheating, and they know it. It's a conscious decision to do it.

And I still can't believe Walsh wasn't cited for the same thing. At least they got one of them

Reactions: 3 users
Fines aren't enough IMO. This staging frees can cost goals, can cost games. Start suspending them. It's flat out cheating, and they know it. It's a conscious decision to do it.

And I still can't believe Walsh wasn't cited for the same thing. At least they got one of them
Oliver should have gotten a fine too

They were always going to start with a fine (unless it was Pickett) and will move from there now that everyone has been 'warned' - but 100% agree needs to be suspensions.

Totally agree. That should have been holding the ball against May, but because he grabbed for his head, the dumpire gave him the free and they could clear their lines, instead of having North kick the footy inside 50.

Its ironic when I hear people like Leigh Matthews claim he doesn't see what the problem is (did so on Footy Furnace last night), yet you can guarantee these same people, *smile* and moan about soccer when players dive. They don't see that its exactly the same thing, trying to con the ref / ump into paying something that isn't real.

Oh and Matthews completely misunderstood the point that Tom Morris was making about bring up head high hits and concussion, especially as this is 1 of Angus Brayshaws teammates, by going down this fake injury route, it trivializes the actual issue around concussion.

Leigh got this one dead wrong IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Stage a head bump to the ground have the Umpire in the Arc make the call...via the special free toll umpire telephone "grey" line...send the bugger off for concussion protocols...play on

May milked a sliding rule against us as well, and it isn't the firsttime he's milked that rule.

Player on the ground going for ball, May runs up and falls over them while waving his arms all over the place.

Do it against Richmond it's a certainly to be paid, just like milking the head high rule. Umps not paying the duck, or the shrug, unless it's Richmond ala the Hawthorn game where anyone could see 5 paces out what the Hawthorn small forwards wee upto.

Here's a prediction.

Come round 23, if Richmond and Norf are playing off for bottom spot and the number 1 draft pick, Richomnd will win the free kick count by more than 10 for the first time since 2016.

Reactions: 7 users
Totally agree. That should have been holding the ball against May, but because he grabbed for his head, the dumpire gave him the free and they could clear their lines, instead of having North kick the footy inside 50.

Its ironic when I hear people like Leigh Matthews claim he doesn't see what the problem is (did so on Footy Furnace last night), yet you can guarantee these same people, *smile* and moan about soccer when players dive. They don't see that its exactly the same thing, trying to con the ref / ump into paying something that isn't real.

Oh and Matthews completely misunderstood the point that Tom Morris was making about bring up head high hits and concussion, especially as this is 1 of Angus Brayshaws teammates, by going down this fake injury route, it trivializes the actual issue around concussion.

Leigh got this one dead wrong IMO.
Leigh is getting a lot wrong lately IMO

Reactions: 4 users

A quick way to stamp it out. If a player decides to go down that path and act the way May did to get a free, it should be an automatic HIA. Off the ground for a minimum of 20 minutes. Now, in the case that they managed to get the free kick for their team, there’s not much that can be done at the time to undo it, but then after the game, it gets reviewed, if it’s obvious it’s staged, a fine and an automatic one week suspension. It will put a stop to this crap soon enough

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
And a quality comment from Goodwin in today’s H/S…along the lines of May is no cheat but he’s a bit embarrassed? Why would he be embarrassed if he wasn’t cheating? Idiot.

Reactions: 3 users
We’ve got Donlon and Howorth on Sunday. Those 2 guys absolutely hate us. 2 of the worst (along with Fisher and a couple of others).

Shaft us every time. Be prepared….

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
We’ve got Donlon and Howorth on Sunday. Those 2 guys absolutely hate us. 2 of the worst (along with Fisher and a couple of others).

Shaft us every time. Be prepared….
The Drop Football GIF

Yep, here they are at training “standdd!”

2 goals to geelong from the umps, one not paid to Draper in front of goal. One paid to Geelong in front for a rushed point. On a wet night, that could be the margin. Pretty bad. Both uber clangers, the Draper one in particular. Kane must be loving the grey areas.

2 goals to geelong from the umps, one not paid to Draper in front of goal. One paid to Geelong in front for a rushed point. On a wet night, that could be the margin. Pretty bad. Both uber clangers, the Draper one in particular. Kane must be loving the grey areas.
Had to laugh at the one they paid for the rushed behind and cast my mind back to our last game against the Dawks where it wasn’t paid

Reactions: 1 user