Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Oh boy. Talk about destroying a teams momentum. O'Gormless just couldn't wait to inject himself. Grimes should have got the 50 for being pushed after marking. Then the bloke throws himself to the ground and gets rewarded.

Dogs. Absolute cheating dogs.
To blame anybody other than Grimes for that terrible piece of play is ridiculous

Reactions: 4 users
Ooze lets out hints against these flogs in the presser. No fake love like Dimma did.

Reactions: 1 user
We didn't lose because of the umps, we lost because they killed us in the first half, they were good we were terrible, but there's no doubt in my mind the umps made sure there would be no hail mary miracle comeback in the last Q. There probably wouldn't have been anyway, but they made it a certainty.

Reactions: 9 users
subjective as always so when in doubt pay it against the richmond player

View attachment 22018
Isn’t it amusing that that rule didn’t get enforced last year when we played the suns at marvel. Suns player was probably 15-20 away from goal, no Richmond player within probably about the same distance from him, he handballs ( or kicks it, I can’t remember) through the points. Nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
And another thing, tonight’s game, umpire yells out stand 5-6 times with increased urgency each time to a giants player. No 50

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Grimes gets pushed after a mark and the ump tells him to get up. Then when the sun's player flops he gives him a 50. Of course he does.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
It's so obvious how teams are umpired differently. GWS doing well to be ahead against these interpretations.

GWS have fared badly with the umps and Collingwood are the umps love chlld so I figure GWS would be feeling fortunate to only be 6-12 on the frees count.

DS

To blame anybody other than Grimes for that terrible piece of play is ridiculous
I agree.

But earlier in the game GC got a goal and Grimes got tackled to the ground and no free. Was that still playing on his mind? That was a very poor non decision by the umpire.

• Angry
And another thing, tonight’s game, umpire yells out stand 5-6 times with increased urgency each time to a giants player. No 50

yeah I noticed that.

new rule?

if a player doesn't stand the first time, yell at them 6 more times, or until they do stand.

*smile* me

I was expecting a 15m penalty

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Even if the number of frees is equitable they get us some other way in the end.

I agree.

But earlier in the game GC got a goal and Grimes got tackled to the ground and no free. Was that still playing on his mind? That was a very poor non decision by the umpire.

I can't believe that goal stood. Grimes never had the ball, tackled to the ground hard, but the umps don't see it.

Shai was also tackled without the ball in our F50 and no free was paid for him either. These are the most obvious frees but the ones they pick out are things like that rushed behind against Broad.

Reactions: 3 users
We didn’t get the utter reaming I thought we would, but when the game tightened up a bit, true to form they came running.

Thought the Broad goal line decision was ridiculous.

Reactions: 7 users
We didn’t get the utter reaming I thought we would, but when the game tightened up a bit, true to form they came running.

AFL will tick it off becaus the clause that talks about opportunity to dispose of the ball. Broady had a chance to kick it but didn't. Would have been a dump kick anyway.

They didn’t come running they did a Usain Bolt sprint.

2 out their 3 second half goals were umpire influenced.

Reactions: 2 users