Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

i think with hardwick gone we might get a better run with frees

not a believer in conspiracies, but i do believe that umps were told somewhere along the line to watch us closely

reckon hardwick was seen as the architect of "borderline" tactics

sure there'll be some residual effects but the free kick counts should improve in 2024

Brightsider

Reactions: 1 users
Balta going to get the ball to take his free kick.
Ump - Noah get back behind your mark.
Seriously

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Umpiring is destroying footy. It's a joke.

O Gorman has to be on the take. No other explanation

Reactions: 4 users
Oh boy. Talk about destroying a teams momentum. O'Gormless just couldn't wait to inject himself. Grimes should have got the 50 for being pushed after marking. Then the bloke throws himself to the ground and gets rewarded.

Dogs. Absolute cheating dogs.

Reactions: 6 users
Witts two-handed pushes in the back consistently allowed?

Apparently getting tackled and then rubbing your arms repeatedly and the ball bounces out is a handball these days.
And then he got one for tackling Dow who did exactly what Rowell did all game!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh boy. Talk about destroying a teams momentum. O'Gormless just couldn't wait to inject himself. Grimes should have got the 50 for being pushed after marking. Then the bloke throws himself to the ground and gets rewarded.

Dogs. Absolute cheating dogs.
Same old with these pathetic flogs.

subjective as always so when in doubt pay it against the richmond player

View attachment 22018
Says it all. The guy was 3m and closing. What was he meant to do?

Short did one later that was worse. Under no pressure. Not a murmur from umps or commentators.

Oh, and I hate J Brown commentating a Qld team - he is so biased. Dumb *smile* been hit too many times in the head.

Says it all. The guy was 3m and closing. What was he meant to do?

Short did one later that was worse. Under no pressure. Not a murmur from umps or commentators.

Oh, and I hate J Brown commentating a Qld team - he is so biased. Dumb *smile* been hit too many times in the head.
Exactly re Short.
Browny ‘l like the decision..’.
Has to be consistent, the dumb pr1ck, games cannot be umpired like that , on a subjective whim. And free kicks for goals..!
Amazed that many on here don’t know that guys have been walking it over the line for years when there is pressure there, and when they take
Possession within 9 metres of goal

Reactions: 4 users
I suppose the argument will be he had time prior to dispose of it. I hope they are consistent with this but I ain't holding my breath.
You didn’t have to wait long. Short did worse a few minutes later and not paid.

That won’t get paid again for half a year.

Broady's assassin smile after that stupid decision made me want to get the shotgun out....

Only wish it was O’Gorman who had paid the Broady free

Had it been him - it would have confirmed every inkling in every bone of my body that that little pygmy umpire not only has a pygmy‘s understanding of the rules but a brain dead pygmy‘s understanding of the spirit of the game

Every time I see in officiate he makes a couple of howlers that are dead-set shockers simply on the basis that he has no comprehension of what the game is all about - and I’m convinced he's never played a game at any level (even in the most remote rainforest in the world) in his life

OK - he didn’t call the Broady one - but he’s still my biggest nightmare of an umpire anytime I watch the footy.

Only Collingwood could be 12 -6 frees away from home.
Cameron got a holding the ball free kick against a gws defender, who just grabbed the ball and the ball came out in the tackeScreenshot_20240309_203611_AFL.jpg