Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Anyone realise Razorbrain won't bounce the ball due to back issues? How's this allowed....I suppose he won't be in the centre then?

Anyone realise Razorbrain won't bounce the ball due to back issues? How's this allowed....I suppose he won't be in the centre then?
He will. He’ll be allowed to throw the ball, rather than bounce. This is the end of the bounce. This is classic AFL. They do it by stealth and think no one notices or remembers. They use their media mouthpieces to convince the public that they asked for these changes for the good of the game.

Reactions: 2 users
Tough nght for the umps. No win situation. Dimma on one hand and tigers on the other.

May have the least free kicks paid of any game in history.
Nah. Not tough at all. On the one hand, Dimma, now employed at a club created by the AFL, bankrolled by the AFL and the AFL will pull out all stops to make sure they don’t fail ( possibly even partly paying Dimmas salary)
On the other hand, the Tigers

Reactions: 1 user
Nah. Not tough at all. On the one hand, Dimma, now employed at a club created by the AFL, bankrolled by the AFL and the AFL will pull out all stops to make sure they don’t fail ( possibly even partly paying Dimmas salary)
Yep, tend to agree the Coasters will be the beneficiary of the umps.

imagine if the betting agencies had a book on which team would get the most frees.

Absolutely, and all that crap about how it was the way we played under Dimma will be exposed for the crap it always was.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
just watched a bit of the VFL practice match, and its pretty clear the "incorrect disposal" vs "knocked out in the tackle" is a flip of the coin.

i think with hardwick gone we might get a better run with frees

not a believer in conspiracies, but i do believe that umps were told somewhere along the line to watch us closely

reckon hardwick was seen as the architect of "borderline" tactics

sure there'll be some residual effects but the free kick counts should improve in 2024

i think with hardwick gone we might get a better run with frees

not a believer in conspiracies, but i do believe that umps were told somewhere along the line to watch us closely

reckon hardwick was seen as the architect of "borderline" tactics

sure there'll be some residual effects but the free kick counts should improve in 2024
Hope you're right Baron Carts......which ever one.:))