Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

What I did notice in the few game parts that I watched was the totally inconsistent application of the stupid "stand" rule, so many times a player moved while on the mark & absolutely NO 50 metre penalty were paid, yet we got nailed twice in the Mugpies game.

Stuff me I hate the AFL & their useless green muppets.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users
What I did notice in the few game parts that I watched was the totally inconsistent application of the stupid "stand" rule, so many times a player moved while on the mark & absolutely NO 50 metre penalty were paid, yet we got nailed twice in the Mugpies game.

Stuff me I hate the AFL & their useless green muppets.
In our game the Collingwood player jumped in the air while we had the ball and the knob 5m away didn't call for a 50.
Stand in Collingwood means 'move as much as you like,'

Is it a Richmond bias or a Dimma bias? The umpires won't know what to do. There may not be any free kicks paid for the match........
I know they will have there instructions, get the new team a win.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it a Richmond bias or a Dimma bias? The umpires won't know what to do. There may not be any free kicks paid for the match........
I know they will have there instructions, get the new team a win.
It’s really going to go against the grain for the flogs to pay frees to a Hardwick led team.

Not sure if anyone watched Bulldogs v Hawks. But the umps pets were down at half-time and looking decidedly average. In the 3rd qtr the umps tooik it upon themselves to bring them back into it. Granted the Hawks were not great but the amount of 50/50 frees that goes the dogs way *smile* me. There were about 5 in a row at the start of the 3rd qtr that got the momentum going their way. Their midfield ascendancy then took over but it was the umps that turned the match initially.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if anyone watched Bulldogs v Hawks. But the umps pets were down at half-time and looking decidedly average. In the 3rd qtr the umps tooik it upon themselves to bring them back into it. Granted the Hawks were not great but the amount of 50/50 frees that goes the dogs way *smile* me. There were about 5 in a row at the start of the 3rd qtr that got the momentum going their way. Their midfield ascendancy then took over but it was the umps that turned the match initially.
The Dogs are perennial umpire favourites.

It's a regular thing...

• Haha
**This is a health warning NOT to watch tommorows game

*Cancel flights
*Cancel TV subscriptions
*Book a holiday

Screenshot_20240308_110609_Messages.jpg

Tough nght for the umps. No win situation. Dimma on one hand and tigers on the other.

May have the least free kicks paid of any game in history.

Just got back from the Tab.
Nakas is set to break the world record in 'free kicks against' when we play Melbourne.

After watching last night's game Yze has directed Nakas to do similar to what Grundy did to Gawn (BLOCKING) at centre bounces.

**Yze will get his 1st glimpse of the worms tommorow afternoon