Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

On another less important topic, are there any ruyle changes for this season? I'm hoping they leave the game alone, except for a retraction of the idiot stand rule.
No whistling from the bench to attract players attention (AKA the pay 4 view rule).

Fends that touch the shoulder or above will be considered high contact with potential MRP implications. (AKA the 'more Dusty moments' rule).

Any contact that sees a player stay down for longer than 20 seconds (?) Will require 20 minute concussion test (AKA the 'did you know that a sprained ankle can put you at risk of later life CTE, rule?').

I think that's it at the moment. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Any contact that sees a player stay down for longer than 20 seconds (?) Will require 20 minute concussion test (AKA the 'did you know that a sprained ankle can put you at risk of later life CTE, rule?').

That's priceless, geez they're nongs.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
That's priceless, geez they're nongs.

DS
They seem to implement these changes with little to no thought of how they’ll practically affect the game. The whistling and outlawing of weight publication, as well as making players available to the media any time they’re not playing are all window dressing that will get the game ridiculed.

Reactions: 1 users
No whistling from the bench to attract players attention (AKA the pay 4 view rule).

Fends that touch the shoulder or above will be considered high contact with potential MRP implications. (AKA the 'more Dusty moments' rule).

I thought you were taking the *smile* with these. They are real!

• Sad
  • Wow
The AFL Old Boys Club going about hobbling the RFC by changing the GOAT's effective fend orff as a grey area for paying out effective free kicks!
Bent the AFL Rules for their love child in Buddy, with his wide arc run up when kicking!

I don't get the whistling stuff? How soft is this league becoming?
I laughed when I first read about that rule. What a mob of intellectual midgets.
Someone should set up a stall that sells whistles outside the grounds.45,000 whistles going off. Imagine the numpties trying to communicating and overruling one another :ROFLMAO:

I think they mumbled something about it spoiling the game for the viewers. Brian Taylor does that, are they going to ban him from commentating?
I'd never heard coaches whistling from the bench, so I don't know how they made that assumption.
If they want to improve the game for viewers, don't put a mike on Ray Chamberlain is my advice.

Or as you say, cancel BT

Reactions: 6 users
I don't get the whistling stuff? How soft is this league becoming?
When it was first brought up late last year, it was the broadcasters complaining that their mics kept picking up the sound and confusing everyone. I assume by "everyone" they meant their commentators.

It was the Footscray bench that used them last year.

When it was first brought up late last year, it was the broadcasters complaining that their mics kept picking up the sound and confusing everyone. I assume by "everyone" they meant their commentators.

It was the Footscray bench that used them last year.
Just as bad as the 20 minute rule on players been available for these dills after the game.

I can't remember when we last had a fair go from the umps. Tonight we got royally reamed and l hope this is not to be a regular occurrence this season. I won't hold my breath on that score

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
We can't succeed well if these dumb pricks keep going against us. Players drop their heads and go reactive too often because of this.

Dacios and Degoey can be seen asking for free kicks.

It started from the 1st bounce.
Tarranto held, play om
Mitchell scoops the ball out, it's a throw, play on.

Degoey tackled, immediately taken high.

Frampton help Kosi twice No free kick.
Roili was legged no free kick.
The ruckman gets swung 360 no holding the ball.
It's slowly wearing me down

Reactions: 7 users
I've often wondered if it is the stark contrast of the yellow and black colours that forces the umpires to only see one team (The Tigers) make mistakes?

That yellow against the black stands out like a dog's testicles, whereas the softer hues of all the other teams don't.

Wonder if there is any scientific evidence to support this, or am I just grasping at straws?

I've often wondered if it is the stark contrast of the yellow and black colours that forces the umpires to only see one team (The Tigers) make mistakes?

That yellow against the black stands out like a dog's testicles, whereas the softer hues of all the other teams don't.

Wonder if there is any scientific evidence to support this, or am I just grasping at straws?
Good post as I have an opinion West Coast colours draws free kicks more than other teams. Tonight Tigers in all Yellow but where did it get them .No where