Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I didn’t realise the frees were 23-8! I thought they were 15-8.

15 extra free kicks! Nearly twice as many as we received in total. I think we were -8 last week, put that with -15 and we are already-23 and we haven’t even started the season!
It's amazing to think this could get worse.

1 free kick every 15 minutes. It's staggering given the amount of contests that occur every 15 minutes.

15 extra free kicks is an extra player. Perhaps they should start scoring supercoach points for the umps?

Reactions: 6 users

15 extra free kicks! Nearly twice as many as we received in total. I think we were -8 last week, put that with -15 and we are already-23 and we haven’t even started the season!
Pre-season dumpiring.

Reactions: 1 user
*smile* me. Watching the replay. It's just diabolical some of the decisions. Crisp took a juggling mark in defence that was clearly touched by his teammate first. Miller tackled him. The ump paid the mark but no tthe 50. The 50 has to be paid if he paid the mark. But the ump knew he had paid the mark incorrectly so chose not to pay the 50. Pathetic.

It's just so frustrating. It is impossible to maintain calm watching a Tigers v pies game with the bias they display.

How can they be respected?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
*smile* me. Watching the replay. It's just diabolical some of the decisions. Crisp took a juggling mark in defence that was clearly touched by his teammate first. Miller tackled him. The ump paid the mark but no tthe 50. The 50 has to be paid if he paid the mark. But the ump knew he had paid the mark incorrectly so chose not to pay the 50. Pathetic.

It's just so frustrating. It is impossible to maintain calm watching a Tigers v pies game with the bias they display.

How can they be respected?
Yep saw that one. Clearly touched and just shouldn't have been a mark. The fact that he didnt then pay the 50 against Miller made it more appauling... Two clear errors in a row.

Reactions: 2 users
I was at the Blink gig last night so didn't see the game.

Just starting watching and am 5 mins through the 1st term. Holding the man is rampant, I reckon I've seen Naismith with 2 arms around him, Dow was held by the arm in a contest, Kosi was held by Frampton in a marking contest when Frampston was turned away from the ball and just seen Quaynor scoop the ball off the ground in our F50 and not be pinned for throwing it.

If this is what the whole games like.......................................

Does anyone else remember last year when Scumwood had 8 (I think it was) less frees than whoever they played & squealed like stuck pigs, even the media flogs joined in saying how bad it was. Guess what, the next game they get kissed on the rick again. Stuffen cheats.
Stuff me that happens to us just about every week & all we hear is silence.

A maggies mate of mine said something about it to me, my reply was "that happens to us every week not once a year"

Reactions: 1 users
I always thought the bright yellow helped the umpire see the obvious infringements. Apparently that doesn’t happen when the other mob is in black and white. I shudder to think of what they’re going to do to us in Rd 0, so they can get Gold Coast the win.

Of the 23-8 one those 8 is an out of time free that gave no advantage.

We see given a free kick end of the 1st or 2nd quarter. With 3 seconds left and a ruck contest on the wing the big Crawfish gets a free.
A free kick to balance the ledger.

I laughed when I first read about that rule. What a mob of intellectual midgets.
Someone should set up a stall that sells whistles outside the grounds.45,000 whistles going off. Imagine the numpties trying to communicating and overruling one another :ROFLMAO:
Our game doesn't have rules anymore, only interpretations.

I'd like to see the AFL sign off on all 45,000 free kick whistles.

They'd find a way to say they were all correct, and the 267 - 8 free kick count against the Tiges were all justified

I lose so much of the enjoyment of watching a game when it's so lopsided and biased.

I watched the first quarter and was yelling at the TV. Then a few seconds before quarter time they put up some stats.

Free Kicks 10 - 2.

I changed channels. I've seen this show before. :mad:
Feel exactly the same Quickdraw. Just feels like we are always playing against 2 opponents.

I was STAGGERED when both Cotch and Jack mentioned in their books that they suspected the AFL didn't want us to win some specific games.

Really takes the enjoyment out of watching footy

Reactions: 4 users
This problem will never end. It had nothing to do with the way we played under Dimma. It's clearly an agenda against us somewhere in this pathetic league. All up to Ooze on how to attack this.
Our club is gutless they don’t want to rock the boat ALL other clubs speak up about umpiring we have never ever

McKay smashed Bowey who didn’t have the ball leaving him holding his jaw
Commentators making excuses for incident

Normal service has resumed.
*smile* cheating *smile* umpires and *smile* corrupt *smile* afl. They can GAGF

Reactions: 3 users