Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I often enjoyed reading TBR's posts. Didn't always agree and that's fine too. Viva la differance!

Dare I say I miss him? :unsure:

Gee I hope that doesn't get me excommunicated :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8 users
I often enjoyed reading TBR's posts. Didn't always agree and that's fine too. Viva la differance!

Dare I say I miss him? :unsure:

Gee I hope that doesn't get me excommunicated :ROFLMAO:

Dont worry your not the only one.

He got a very nice email from someone on here letting him know the saddos are still talking crap about him on here.

He’s not well enough to read emails these days so I handle them and thought I’d pop by and tell them to get rooted instead. Dad is a words man I’m a bit more of a hands on sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I liked him as well untill that silly stuff happened. Insulted me as his secondary account so from there on I was disappointed in him.
I tend to get on here a bit spasmodically. It's a feast or famine for me, so I missed the whole "silly stuff" stage.

I just wish him well.

Reactions: 1 user
Different points of view are what this site thrives on. Generally good spirited. But occasionally the keyboard gets struck a bit hard.

Reactions: 3 users

He got a very nice email from someone on here letting him know the saddos are still talking crap about him on here.

He’s not well enough to read emails these days so I handle them and thought I’d pop by and tell them to get rooted instead. Dad is a words man I’m a bit more of a hands on sort.
I too enjoyed his posts. I didn’t always agree with them but that’s ok. As others have said, we can have our own opinions and don’t necessarily agree with one another. As long as it doesn’t get too personal. A little jibe sometimes is fun, even being on the receiving end, but as long as it’s not over the top.

Sorry to hear the umpires public defender old TBR is not well. Pass on my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. And a return to these boards to put us Neanderthals in our place.

Please pass on my other wishes to him too. That all afl umpires can all gagf.

Reactions: 4 users
Well well well looks like the old man still lives rent free in some of the pathetic little keyboard warriors.

I know one thing hes a better man than any of you and if he disagrees with you your wrong

I would appreciate it if you could pass on my best wishes to your Dad for me. I remember him posting some years back that there had been some not so welcome health news and it seems from the lack of posting things have worsened. It's challenging for family members when watching on and the helpless feeling of knowing nothing they do can 'fix' the situation.

If you're willing to take on board some words from an old timer, focus your energy on loving your Dad and celebrate the life journey you have shared together so far. Life is infinitely too short to waste your energy on those whose favourite pastime is reacting and baiting those who they disagree with.
Create more treasured memories instead. :gotiges

Reactions: 7 users

Wishing him all the best in any regards, life is too short for negativity and it sucks when health goes south. Hopefully he is right to watch footy when it rolls on.

He’s not well enough to read emails these days so I handle them and thought I’d pop by and tell them to get rooted instead.
I take it this means that TBR won't be honouring his pledge to nudie run backwards across the Nullabor any time soon?
Wish your old man well, didn't mind some of his thoughts n conversations, he was always happy to run against the grain at times n explain his reasonings even when there was a pile on happening.

I liked him as well untill that silly stuff happened. Insulted me as his secondary account so from there on I was disappointed in him.

That would have been me who insulted you sorry about that I didn’t inherit any of the old man’s patience and manners.

Thanks for the kind words above I’ll pass them on. I’m sure dad was happy to share he’s on a pretty grim pathway with dementia but as he says he’s had a great life and there’s much more to be happy about than sad.

I’ll leave you all to it now one other thing I didn’t inherit was a love of footy.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
That would have been me who insulted you sorry about that I didn’t inherit any of the old man’s patience and manners.

Thanks for the kind words above I’ll pass them on. I’m sure dad was happy to share he’s on a pretty grim pathway with dementia but as he says he’s had a great life and there’s much more to be happy about than sad.

I’ll leave you all to it now one other thing I didn’t inherit was a love of footy.

I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I'll admit I assumed he wouldn't have been old enough to get dementia, but really sorry to hear this.

I may not have agreed with everything he said, but there were things that he said that made watching footy more enjoyable. Things like knowing what he said about deliberate out of bounds has totally changed the way I see it. Where previously it would annoy me, I now understand what the umpires are instructed to look for and can usually predict pretty accurately when they will pay it and when they won't and that then doesn't get me as riled up as I probably have before.

I do miss that insight that he would provide from within clubland, as some of that was great info.

Please pass on my best wishes to both he and the rest of your family.

Reactions: 2 users

Sad to hear that about your old man DT. Please pass on my best regards to TBR. Hopefully he can watch and enjoy a bit of footy, and progression of that *smile* disease is as slow AF.

I am a relatively newbie to AFL (twenty third year) so many of my comments tend to be more generic. With TBR's comments he goes into detail on rules and interpretations that I found useful in improving my understanding of the game. I didn't always agree with some of his other comments but found found them interesting. Hopefully his health will return and he can continue to educate us with his undoubted knowledge. Best wishes , UK

I imagine there is no one here to verify the validity of the poster and/or the validity of their story? There is prevoius form in deception.

I would be disappointed if someone was using what is a pretty devastating illness for a family to illicit some sympathy.

• Dislike
I imagine there is no one here to verify the validity of the poster and/or the validity of their story? There is prevoius form in deception.

I would be disappointed if someone was using what is a pretty devastating illness for a family to illicit some sympathy.
Which account are we talking about ? So many of them. Very confusing.

please pass on regards from Chook

**Zips Tips.

If you want to pay off your home loan or credit card or just need some spare cash.

***Free kicks +10 to Gold Coast***

Where not winning the *before round 1 game.
The AFL need cash and beating us will bring in an extra 14 Gold Coast supporters to the Adelaide game the following week.

*if Yze wins this game, they should extend his contract for another 5 yrs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sad to hear about TBR. My best wishes for as best a quality of life that can be had in his remaining years.

On another less important topic, are there any ruyle changes for this season? I'm hoping they leave the game alone, except for a retraction of the idiot stand rule.