Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I lose so much of the enjoyment of watching a game when it's so lopsided and biased.

I watched the first quarter and was yelling at the TV. Then a few seconds before quarter time they put up some stats.

Free Kicks 10 - 2.

I changed channels. I've seen this show before. :mad:

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So much for the theory that it’s Dimma and his game style and his outspokenness on decisions.
Did Yze *smile* the umpiring department or afl in a previous position?

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I've often wondered if it is the stark contrast of the yellow and black colours that forces the umpires to only see one team (The Tigers) make mistakes?

That yellow against the black stands out like a dog's testicles, whereas the softer hues of all the other teams don't.

Wonder if there is any scientific evidence to support this, or am I just grasping at straws?

Scumwood are in Black and White, which is even more stark & yet they get looked after by the flogs better than anyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
So much for the theory that it’s Dimma and his game style and his outspokenness on decisions.

We'll soon see when we play the sun's. Don't hold your breath for any change. We'll continue to get reamed, you can bet on it.

Reactions: 3 users
I lose so much of the enjoyment of watching a game when it's so lopsided and biased.

I watched the first quarter and was yelling at the TV. Then a few seconds before quarter time they put up some stats.

Free Kicks 10 - 2.

I changed channels. I've seen this show before. :mad:
Where was the 2nd one paid
Broad got held, what other one??

I think the last time we had a free kick differential in a game of 10+ was 2018.

This is a regular occurrence for a lot of teams.

A table showing the number of games of 10+ FKD would be an interesting read, and would totally highlight the statistical bias.

In the last 5 years, I wouldn't be surprised if some teams had 30-40 such games, while we had 0.

Worst of the night was Shultz doing a Ginnivan with the brainless flog right in front of him and paying the free.

Reactions: 2 users
As we all know by now it’s (mostly!) the frees we don’t get , i Lost count of the amount of high contact and holdings we didn’t get. And in that little melee at the end as Cox pushes Marlion in the back and grabs his jumper and slings him around, why isn’t that a free?

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
As we all know by now it’s (mostly!) the frees we don’t get , i Lost count of the amount of high contact and holdings we didn’t get. And in that little melee at the end as Cox pushes Marlion in the back and grabs his jumper and slings him around, why isn’t that a free?
That's right. Pickett copped a whack to the chest and then pushed by the Septic Tank, but no.....all good for the flogs. That lucky goal went through because the players thought play would be stopped due to the melee.

This problem will never end. It had nothing to do with the way we played under Dimma. It's clearly an agenda against us somewhere in this pathetic league. All up to Ooze on how to attack this.

This problem will never end. It had nothing to do with the way we played under Dimma. It's clearly an agenda against us somewhere in this pathetic league. All up to Ooze on how to attack this.
Imagine how Fat Ed or anyone else from Collingwood would scream from the rooftops if their team was being shafted week in week out.

We need to stop playing nice. :mad:

Imagine how Fat Ed or anyone else from Collingwood would scream from the rooftops if their team was being shafted week in week out.

We need to stop playing nice. :mad:
I keep laughing at oppo fans' comments stating how they get shafted by the flogs everytime. Real delusions there. If this happened once in a while to us, OK, but it's not. It's a regular program.

Reactions: 1 users
I keep laughing at oppo fans' comments stating how they get shafted by the flogs everytime. Real delusions there. If this happened once in a while to us, OK, but it's not. It's a regular program.

Especially when those oppo supporters are skunks or doggies fans. Both are the umpires pets.

Reactions: 1 users
This has gone on far too long.
Not sure what Balme said about them in 2020 but they are still bending us over 4 years later.
The reserves umpires both the bold eagle and the no.24 didn't give us a free kick.

It's time to unleash.
Just show the 1st 20 seconds

When is this site going to be updated so we can show clips???

is there any betting odds for the leading free kicks against club by the end of the regular season?

I didn’t realise the frees were 23-8! I thought they were 15-8.

15 extra free kicks! Nearly twice as many as we received in total. I think we were -8 last week, put that with -15 and we are already-23 and we haven’t even started the season!

• Haha