Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Nonsense. No sport in the world would do that.
No other sport in the world is as compromised as the AFL!

And I disagree with you. I have followed Seria A Italian league for more years than I can count and they would in a heartbeat. They have demoted clubs to lower leagues for the stench of corruption.

And to be seen to be doing the right thing in the eyes of their supporters.

Reactions: 1 users
Be that as it may - as soon as the AFL, after the game, announced it should have been paid a goal - a professionally run league would have declared the Crows the winners of that game.

And by doing so remove any discussion about cheating, incompetence and the stench of a compromised competition.
But you simply cannot do that. You can't definitively say the Crows would have won.

It's a complete shocker but you can't just change the result whilst there was time left on the clock.

The AFL - The Absolutely FARCed League

Reactions: 1 user
No other sport in the world is as compromised as the AFL!

And I disagree with you. I have followed Seria A Italian league for more years than I can count and they would in a heartbeat. They have demoted clubs to lower leagues for the stench of corruption.

And to be seen to be doing the right thing in the eyes of their supporters.
Can you give an example of a game where the result was changed due to an incorrect decision during the game?

Demoting a club for corruption is completely irrelevant.

Can you give an example of a game where the result was changed due to an incorrect decision during the game?

NFL does it a lot of times. Given that it's a start and stop game compared to ours but even Leigh Montagna explained this could be done.

It is not irrelevant at all. It portrays an administration that not only stands by the integrity of their sport but are also prepared to make the hard decisions to protect that integrity

Be that as it may - as soon as the AFL, after the game, announced it should have been paid a goal - a professionally run league would have declared the Crows the winners of that game.

And by doing so remove any discussion about cheating, incompetence and the stench of a compromised competition.
I don't know how you can. THe result was 'most likely crows' win but i doubt Sydney, or any supporter for that fact, could accept a loss based on a 'most likely' scenario. You can't fix one error with another error by awarding a victory to a team that was 'most likely' to win. If there was 5 secs on clock maybe but 70secs thats plenty of time to kick a goal from a centre sq bounce

Put it this way, before goal reviews this happened all the time and they never changed the result after the fact because of it. Not apologising for the AFL at all. They need a massive clean-out. Changing the result doesn't make sense though.

Ah that argument makes absolutely no sense at all. Sydney in that remaining 70 seconds did not add another score.

But what has happened is the AFL after the game declared it should have been called a goal and not a point.

Therefore the winners of that game are the Crows and NOT Sydney.

Therefore the AFL should have awarded the game to the Crows once they “officially” declared the incorrect call.

It’s that simple but the abysmally run AFL still allowed the Swans to win a game they did not win!!!!!

That is just crazy and tells me yet again how incompetent and morally bankrupt are the fools controlling this once great game. And that includes the media lackies that just rubber stamp the weekly eye watering mistakes made by the AFL!!!
jeez, you reckon I don’t make sense

To change the result of the game the point has to be assumed to be a goal. The crows are now in front and instead of the ball being kicked in by the swans it would have gone back to the middle.

The game is now completely different. There is no way of knowing what would have happened in that time. Plus the swans would have been trying to score, not defend a lead.

There is no way the result of a game can be changed with that much time on the clock because if the goal was called correctly the last 70 seconds would have been a completely different 70 seconds than what actually happened

Didn’t the afl change the result of the saints vs Freo? in Tassy a few years back, when the timekeepers went to sleep or pissed off to the pub and left the clock running?

Didn’t the afl change the result of the saints vs Freo? in Tassy a few years back, when the timekeepers went to sleep or pissed off to the pub and left the clock running?
Correct. That was siren gate.

This was different as too much time was left.

While I posted earlier in this thread how disastrous the decision not to review the point was this is a bit rich from the Crows!
“Olsen said the Crows have begun discussions with the AFL about what he described as "redress" measures, which would potentially include "recruiting concessions", "travel allowances" and a more favourable fixture.”

• Wow
jeez, you reckon I don’t make sense

To change the result of the game the point has to be assumed to be a goal. The crows are now in front and instead of the ball being kicked in by the swans it would have gone back to the middle.

The game is now completely different. There is no way of knowing what would have happened in that time. Plus the swans would have been trying to score, not defend a lead.

There is no way the result of a game can be changed with that much time on the clock because if the goal was called correctly the last 70 seconds would have been a completely different 70 seconds than what actually happened
The AFL has the power to do what it wants or haven’t you noticed. Stop making excuses for their bull#%^t.

I don't know how you can. THe result was 'most likely crows' win but i doubt Sydney, or any supporter for that fact, could accept a loss based on a 'most likely' scenario. You can't fix one error with another error by awarding a victory to a team that was 'most likely' to win. If there was 5 secs on clock maybe but 70secs thats plenty of time to kick a goal from a centre sq bounce
The AFL had the power to award the win to the Crows post game because of a clear goal not awarded.

Your argument above is conjecture and the Swans yet again get the rub of the AFL.

Open the internet and look at Juventus demoted - you can jump through your own hoops and answer your own questions if you want the answers you seek!
I am aware Juventus got demoted for cheating, liek Essendon were kicked out of the finals for cheating.

What I am waiting for from you is examples where the result of a match was overturned after the game had finished due to an umpiring error during the game? And i think i know why you havent provided any.