Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I've seen games where a goal has been kicked, no score review, and all the players run back to position for a centre bounce and all of a sudden someone upstairs has reviewed the goal and it's been deemed a point, so everyone has to quickly get in position for a kick in.

So obviously the goal umpire doesn't have to ask for a score review for the ARC to review a decision.

The teflon AFL hanging the goal umpire out to dry.

This.

So obvious.

The Goal Umpire is the scapegoat when the responsibility lies with all the umpires and the AFL who train them and tell them how to adjudicate.

Absolute farce and absolutely no accountability.

The AFL boys' club has got to go.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
This.

So obvious.

The Goal Umpire is the scapegoat when the responsibility lies with all the umpires and the AFL who train them and tell them how to adjudicate.

Absolute farce and absolutely no accountability.

The AFL boys' club has got to go.

DS
Exactly why the new AFL CEO had to come from outside the organisation (and logically that was our B. Gale) to create meaningful change in every different way - including football operations.

As per usual, AFL appoint from within and then try & cajole Brendon to do the job/work that really matters. Thankfully for Richmond (and himself) he didn’t - our rebuild is more important, especially in comparison to saving the sycophants at AFL house.

Reactions: 4 users
I still don’t get why they’ve said the result will stand after admitting the mistake. They have overturned results in the past, why not this one?

I still don’t get why they’ve said the result will stand after admitting the mistake. They have overturned results in the past, why not this one?
Because there were 70 seconds left. There is no way of knowing that the Swans wouldn't have kicked another goal in that time
If the kick was after the siren, different story

Reactions: 1 users
Because there were 70 seconds left. There is no way of knowing that the Swans wouldn't have kicked another goal in that time
If the kick was after the siren, different story
Ah that argument makes absolutely no sense at all. Sydney in that remaining 70 seconds did not add another score.

But what has happened is the AFL after the game declared it should have been called a goal and not a point.

Therefore the winners of that game are the Crows and NOT Sydney.

Therefore the AFL should have awarded the game to the Crows once they “officially” declared the incorrect call.

It’s that simple but the abysmally run AFL still allowed the Swans to win a game they did not win!!!!!

That is just crazy and tells me yet again how incompetent and morally bankrupt are the fools controlling this once great game. And that includes the media lackies that just rubber stamp the weekly eye watering mistakes made by the AFL!!!

I thought the afl stated every goal/touched gets reviewed
Goals get reviewed automatically, points don't. 99 times out of 100 umps call for review if there is any tiny doubt. This time he didn't when there was huge doubt, to everyone except him at least.

Reactions: 2 users
How do I pull up our arc review thread against Brisbane in the final. I want to show a bloke at work the film from the crowd where the ball thru 3/4 the way up the post

Goals get reviewed automatically, points don't. 99 times out of 100 umps call for review if there is any tiny doubt. This time he didn't when there was huge doubt, to everyone except him at least.
So true. Yet this was one of the reasons they brought the review system in, to remove the obvious howlers. There was no other official in that game who could have said, I think you got that one wrong, and called for the review?

How do I pull up our arc review thread against Brisbane in the final. I want to show a bloke at work the film from the crowd where the ball thru 3/4 the way up the post

Reactions: 1 user
I feel for Ben Keays. Denied getting the accolades of what was a great feat, denied income, endorsements. Stiffed big time

gil said.

"It is a human error and a decision by the goal umpire that meant we have this situation today. Every decision is broadly reviewed. The kick-in was so quick, it was within 10 seconds and the moment was lost and gone. The system, I don't feel is at fault.

So, its at least septuple human error.

1. Goal umpire erroneously calls it a behind
2. Goal umpire doesnt call for a score reveiw
3. Nearest central umpire doesnt override goal umpire and call for a score review
4. Central umpire 1 doesnt guage the confusion (3 crows celebrating wildly outside the field of play while swans kick ball into field of play and take the ball to other end of ground with 3 extra men in the field of play) and call time off and allow 30 second auto-reveiw
5. Ditto central umpire 2
6. Ditto central umpire 3
7. Ditto central umpire 4.

*smile* hell - Gil can even manage to heavily mortage his ownership over a mistake

Extraordinary
Good summary.
If the kick in was so quick as Silly Gilly says doesn’t that mean the system is flawed ? By Gil’s logic If you take the kick in quickly enough there is no chance of review.sensibly the Swans got the ball back into play before there was any chance of a protest from the Crows to the umpires.

Where was the nearest controlling ump? Control being the operative word. It appears they are all care and no responsibility at times.

What a joke, Gil the dill says its human error and happens a lot every game. Da Gil. That's why you have a review system. What a fARCing joke he is.

Good old kermit did his take and mentioned the litany of costly errors of the "reveiw" systems over the years. And he still managed to throw a barb at the tigers by claiming that the ARC probably got the actual decision right in the tigers game.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Ah that argument makes absolutely no sense at all. Sydney in that remaining 70 seconds did not add another score.

But what has happened is the AFL after the game declared it should have been called a goal and not a point.

Therefore the winners of that game are the Crows and NOT Sydney.

Therefore the AFL should have awarded the game to the Crows once they “officially” declared the incorrect call.

It’s that simple but the abysmally run AFL still allowed the Swans to win a game they did not win!!!!!

That is just crazy and tells me yet again how incompetent and morally bankrupt are the fools controlling this once great game. And that includes the media lackies that just rubber stamp the weekly eye watering mistakes made by the AFL!!!
No but if it was a goal, then a Centre sq bounce and not a kick out. Passage of play would be different as set up is 6 6 6. So can not say that Sydney could not have scored from the resulting centre bounce.

Reactions: 3 users
No but if it was a goal, then a Centre sq bounce and not a kick out. Passage of play would be different as set up is 6 6 6. So can not say that Sydney could not have scored from the resulting centre bounce.
Yeh, Syd would have had to kick a goial to win so would have been attacking. But it's more likely the Crows win if the goal is confirmed.

Be that as it may - as soon as the AFL, after the game, announced it should have been paid a goal - a professionally run league would have declared the Crows the winners of that game.

And by doing so remove any discussion about cheating, incompetence and the stench of a compromised competition.

Where’s our umpire spokesperson to explain why the goal umpire was right in the Crows game? oh, that’s right… :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Be that as it may - as soon as the AFL, after the game, announced it should have been paid a goal - a professionally run league would have declared the Crows the winners of that game.

And by doing so remove any discussion about cheating, incompetence and the stench of a compromised competition.
Nonsense. No sport in the world would do that.

At least the Crows didn't get reamed in a Final like we did last year.

Where was the nearest controlling ump? Control being the operative word. It appears they are all care and no responsibility at times.

What a joke, Gil the dill says its human error and happens a lot every game. Da Gil. That's why you have a review system. What a fARCing joke he is.

Good old kermit did his take and mentioned the litany of costly errors of the "reveiw" systems over the years. And he still managed to throw a barb at the tigers by claiming that the ARC probably got the actual decision right in the tigers game.
The Wanker was also in his usual Cartoon orgasm this morning.....