Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Yes no matter what the Big Narcissist thinks the field umpire has control over the game in all instances. They overrule goal umpires if they think a mistake has been made (happened in my son’s game a couple of weeks ago and we have seen it in the AFL) so there is no reason they can’t overrule a boundary umpire when a clear mistake has been made such as that debacle last night. Common sense.
Indeed. So if the ball goes 5 metres over the line and the boundary umpire suffers a sudden bout of snow blindness and misses it the field umpires aren’t gunna call it OOB. Sure thing….

Indeed. So if the ball goes 5 metres over the line and the boundary umpire suffers a sudden bout of snow blindness and misses it the field umpires aren’t gunna call it OOB. Sure thing….
The Great Gaslighter says it is true. He is the only one who knows the rules. Him and Chris Scott and “people who really know football”.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Actually it doesn't but your reading comprehension is often deficient.

I suppose that's what I get for replying to a troll.

DS

You even disagree when you're being agreed with. You're an old man returning soup at a deli.

Pathetic incompetence would be closer to the mark.

This is just hyperbole TM. It's not incompetence, it's a mistake.

I've seen fantastically skilled cricket umpires make terrible decisions, but they certainly weren't incompetent.

Everyone loses concentration, looks the wrong way, or just stuffs up from time to time. And when it is a really unusual situation like that one, natural human reaction is to keep quiet and let it roll.

It's a split second moment in real time, without the benefit of a slow mo or replay. We shouldn't see it for more than it is.

They overrule goal umpires if they think a mistake has been made (happened in my son’s game a couple of weeks ago

Oh well if it happened in your son's game then obviously that is the standard we should defer to. I humbly stand corrected.

Ask yourself this for me. Out of all the times you've seen a field umpire go to a goal umpire and discuss a score review, have you ever heard the field umpire offer their opinion on what happened?

Because logically if field umpires are overruling wouldn't they be saying to the goal umpire, no that looked like a goal or a point instead of letting them make the wrong umpire's call?

You haven't heard that because the field umpire doesn't overrule the goal or boundary. Even when a goal umpire gets crunched the field umpire doesn't make the call.

If there was an earthquake and the ground opened up and a dinosaur came out of the ground and ate everyone and then the dinosaur laid eggs and the eggs hatched and then Superman came and fought the dinosaurs and won and then the boundary umpire fought Superman then the umpire might have to review their roles.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently in a semi final battle in a Supercoach league with a big cash prize on the line.

I have Petracca and if that had been called a goal he would have got a massive boost in points which would have sealed the win for me.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say *smile* the cheating *smile* umpires, the *smile* cheating score review, the *smile* corrupt AFL and especially the *smile* cheating umpires.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If there was an earthquake and the ground opened up and a dinosaur came out of the ground and ate everyone and then the dinosaur laid eggs and the eggs hatched and then Superman came and fought the dinosaurs and won and then the boundary umpire fought Superman then the umpire might have to review their roles.
So I’m right!

I'm currently in a semi final battle in a Supercoach league with a big cash prize on the line.

I have Petracca and if that had been called a goal he would have got a massive boost in points which would have sealed the win for me.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say *smile* the cheating *smile* umpires, the *smile* cheating score review, the *smile* corrupt AFL and especially the *smile* cheating umpires.
Great decision umpires.

Yeah, they only have to have the fitness and athleticism to run 10-15 km and position themselves around a huge field, with 44 players on it, and make decisions on a 360 degree game with a large set of complicated rules containing many points of interpretation.

If you don't think it is amongst the hardest games to umpire you don't know sport.
Why are you making excuses for the inexcusable??? The standard of AFL umpiring is abysmal.

Reactions: 2 users

We told you so.:) :)

And this verdict is based on what?
Lol - which sport have you been watching for the last 5 years????? Or did seeing Cameron get gifted multiple goals in his last two games by very poor umpiring just an illusion?

An illusion that spread across the football landscape and this is just some of the crap dished up by the standard of AFL umpiring.

But hey, keep your head in the sand and enjoy that view lol

Lol - which sport have you been watching for the last 5 years????? Or did seeing Cameron get gifted multiple goals in his last two games by very poor umpiring just an illusion?

An illusion that spread across the football landscape and this is just some of the crap dished up by the standard of AFL umpiring.

But hey, keep your head in the sand and enjoy that view lol

Do you watch every single game each week? Do you have stats on how many decisions are correct or incorrect or missed? How this compares to other seasons?

I would have thought that would be the bare minimum to make any sort of judgement on the standard.

Holy smokes big rich has jetted back in tall tanned young and lovely and got this thread jumping today

Best reading on here at the moment some classic lines zinging about