Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Just can’t be that much of a difference between game to game as it has occurred as often as it has this year.

HTB
High
Around the neck.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't Dan Richardson leave Richmond on bad terms?
Now he is the head of the umpires,. No surprise we are getting absolutly reamed every week

Reactions: 2 users
Club needs to start calling out this rubbish - forget the fines or being politically correct. Serve it back to AFL umpiring department until we get stuff addressed - can’t be any worse than what’s currently happening.

Reactions: 5 users
As someone else has said elsewhere we need to get a recently retired good umpire (I know that will be hard) to come into the club and work with the players to get rid of the plays that give the umps a golden opportunity to penalise us

These bastards need to be TBR’d. Put ‘em on bicycles and send them up the French Mountains.
I hope they get gang calluses on their arse cheeks.
They can gagf

Bit ironic when your own post is full of trolling put downs there chief
He brings out the worst of everyone on this site. He’s a troll. Wish he’d have followed through on his multiple threats to quit this site. We might get lucky? Would that mean you go too?

• Haha
He brings out the worst of everyone on this site. He’s a troll. Wish he’d have followed through on his multiple threats to quit this site. We might get lucky? Would that mean you go too?

Im here to stay I like it here place would be poorer without rich as well love him or hate him the bloke knows his footy

Seems like a cop out to blame someone else for your behaviour

Dunno why so many people get their panties in a bunch over TBR. I like some of the stuff he posts n disagree with some of the stuff he posts n happy to argue the point n hang a little *smile* either way.
Seems to me that there's way to many got their noses about 45 degrees out of alignment when it comes to TBR and would rather spend their time hurling insults and bleating about him which simply makes it way to easy for TBR to keep pulling their chains n waiting for the gurgle. Which is half the fun of being on PRE.

Reactions: 6 users
Dunno why so many people get their panties in a bunch over TBR. I like some of the stuff he posts n disagree with some of the stuff he posts n happy to argue the point n hang a little *smile* either way.
Seems to me that there's way to many got their noses about 45 degrees out of alignment when it comes to TBR and would rather spend their time hurling insults and bleating about him which simply makes it way to easy for TBR to keep pulling their chains n waiting for the gurgle. Which is half the fun of being on PRE.

Seems to me like the guys with a bit of extra insight tend to cop *smile* on here Rich Bullus Stig hktiger all come to mind

Maybe its tall poppy syndrome or they make the rest of us feel dumb or just a bit of the old green eye monster

Seems to me like the guys with a bit of extra insight tend to cop *smile* on here Rich Bullus Stig hktiger all come to mind

Maybe its tall poppy syndrome or they make the rest of us feel dumb or just a bit of the old green eye monster
I dont cop *smile*. Its all down to attitude. Despite my knowledge I dont tend to talk down to people on here.
Others can reflect on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Is body rub tall too?

He’s got it all.

• Haha

‘Tall Poppy Syndrome’ and ‘Green Eye Monster’ of others on here..???
Nobody, I repeat nobody, has self-esteem that low..surely

It occurred to me watching the game yesterday that if the organization that runs the competition is corrupt, how can we expect anything different from the umpiring department.

Those that object to this thinking all seem to be associated or involved with the footy industry. Which if you follow the dots ...

Reactions: 1 user
So in other words, no you don't have any evidence whatsoever.

One bad decision doesn't say any more about the standard of umpiring than one good one does.

The point was asserted that the standard of umpiring is abysmal. So far all that is based on is I watched a game and saw a bad decision.
I watch every game of AFL and VFL
Umpiring is terrible at both levels although the Umpires Dept under Dan and Lisa will say that they have an efficiency of 97 % and do knowledge errors
I disagree with that.

I watch every game of AFL and VFL
Umpiring is terrible at both levels although the Umpires Dept under Dan and Lisa will say that they have an efficiency of 97 % and do knowledge errors
I disagree with that.
Indeed, I sat a test and graded it myself, got 100/100.