Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Gee if you think we get a bad run from the Umpires
Nothing beats what happened to the Pies last night
It’s actually laughable
The mark taken over the boundary line clearly a metre over by Cameron and the play on outside the boundary line to Cameron
Crazy stuff
Umpires metres away
Resulted in 2 goals to cats
Clearly no idea what they are doing
Should take the Brownlow voting off them if there brainless

Reactions: 1 users
The first one I've watched on replay and I don't think it was out of bounds. Massive parallax error on that camera angle.

Cameron touches/controls the ball well before he lands on his chest. His foot lands only just over the boundary line.

On the camera angle though it looks egregiously out.

The second one is just stupid / error.

Reactions: 1 user
The first one I've watched on replay and I don't think it was out of bounds. Massive parallax error on that camera angle.

Cameron touches/controls the ball well before he lands on his chest. His foot lands only just over the boundary line.

agree.

Why wasn't the second one reviewed? Or if they're all reviewed, why wasn't it a throw-in?

A clanger if ever there was one.

AFL statement that first one, Cameron mark as all good, second handball one should have been disallowed and a ball-in. Well I'll be damned.

AFL statement that first one, Cameron mark as all good, second handball one should have been disallowed and a ball-in. Well I'll be damned.
Still counts though, which it shouldn't.......say Cameron won the Coleman with that standing? You might want yer money back if you bet against him!

Far too much sense in this post for this thread.

As usual the hysteria and hyperbole from fat blokes on couches is ridiculous.

'How can they possibly miss that, 4 umpires blah blah, professional game, will cost someone a flag one day dribble dribble'.

It's like their tiny little minds are incapable of realising these things happen in real time with one look and mistakes are easy to make. Have a look at the absolute rubbish that gets reviewed in a game of cricket and see how easy it is for people in the moment to see everything correctly.

'How can they possibly miss that, 4 umpires blah blah, professional game, will cost someone a flag one day dribble dribble'.

It's like their tiny little minds are incapable of realising these things happen in real time with one look and mistakes are easy to make. Have a look at the absolute rubbish that gets reviewed in a game of cricket and see how easy it is for people in the moment to see everything correctly.
OK, the first one might need a ruler, how about the 2nd obvious one where Cameron was clearly OOB? Can your tiny little mind see that as an error? Please cut the patronising.

Yeah we've given you the first one. But how about the second? Staggering. Obvious. Multiple umps close by, players appealing in real time. Then, why no review? It must have been extremely bad because the afl admitted the mistake.

OK, the first one might need a ruler, how about the 2nd obvious one where Cameron was clearly OOB? Can your tiny little mind see that as an error? Please cut the patronising.

Sort of the whole point of what I said was that the second one was an error. Of course it was an error, and like a lot of errors it came in an unusual situation and because the umpires are human and not robots they missed it.

And as usual the response to it is completely out of proportion, uneducated and unreasonable.

How many decisions did they get right last night? But no let's focus on a mistake.

Why didn't they review it? Because the reviews don't look at free kick decisions, just if it was a goal or a point. As usual people go off half-cocked without knowing the rules.

So what if they made a mistake and it cost a goal. Players do that 30 times a game and most times no one bats an eye lid. It's almost as if making mistakes in the heat of the moment is natural.

And the same morons who bleat on incessantly about this stuff will also fail to see the irony is they are one of the main reasons why we don't have umpires coming through, yet are complaining about the standard getting worse.

Sort of the whole point of what I said was that the second one was an error. Of course it was an error, and like a lot of errors it came in an unusual situation and because the umpires are human and not robots they missed it.

And as usual the response to it is completely out of proportion, uneducated and unreasonable.

How many decisions did they get right last night? But no let's focus on a mistake.

Why didn't they review it? Because the reviews don't look at free kick decisions, just if it was a goal or a point. As usual people go off half-cocked without knowing the rules.

So what if they made a mistake and it cost a goal. Players do that 30 times a game and most times no one bats an eye lid. It's almost as if making mistakes in the heat of the moment is natural.

And the same morons who bleat on incessantly about this stuff will also fail to see the irony is they are one of the main reasons why we don't have umpires coming through, yet are complaining about the standard getting worse.
For a clear error, there is no excuse about being 'human'. Follow the standard law. A 5 year old would've noticed a player passing while OOB. This is the main criticism against these idiots. They can't do simple jobs, make too many errors (as is a topic in the media most weeks) and run around with massive egos by 'coaching' players on what to do or making silly remarks as that idiot did with Vloss the other week.

For a clear error, there is no excuse about being 'human'. Follow the standard law. A 5 year old would've noticed a player passing while OOB. This is the main criticism against these idiots. They can't do simple jobs, make too many errors (as is a topic in the media most weeks) and run around with massive egos by 'coaching' players on what to do or making silly remarks as that idiot did with Vloss the other week.
And God forbid anyone actually point out that they made a mistake.

You clearly have no respect or regard for the complexity or the difficulty of the role so it is pointless even discussing it with you.

I'd love to see you have a go at it.

You clearly have no respect or regard for the complexity or the difficulty of the role so it is pointless even discussing it with you.

Same old excuse from you TBR. It's understandable umpires making errors in difficult situations, but not that OOB one last night.

There's nothing complex or difficult about it. Just learn to look at both sides, don't exaggerate a decision, and think twice if necessary and don't show any bias. The game is between 2 teams and not yourself the umpire.

Not sure why you can't wake up to the fact that umpiring issues are a topic nearly every week, which shows there are issues to deal with.

There is NO complexity to umpiring a game of football. The game should be umpired on equal terms.

The glaring mistakes made in the game last night and some of the many in recent times that see umpires imposing themselves on the game in the most blatant and unwanted manner.

It is simply not good enough - full stop! And what is worse is the fact that a small number of sides get repeat benefit of the doubtful decisions, or as was the case last night, gifted goals based on unbelievably poor, substandard umpiring decisions.

These are easily quantifiable facts and if the AFL continues to ignore these facts then it is right for all football supporters to ask what is the real agenda of the AFL?

Same old excuse from you TBR. It's understandable umpires making errors in difficult situations, but not that OOB one last night.

There's nothing complex or difficult about it. Just learn to look at both sides, don't exaggerate a decision, and think twice if necessary and don't show any bias. The game is between 2 teams and not yourself the umpire.

Not sure why you can't wake up to the fact that umpiring issues are a topic nearly every week, which shows there are issues to deal with.

So errors are ok unless you deem them not to be. Ok.

By the way, when was the last time you saw a player handball the ball to someone who was standing out of bounds while they were taking a set shot on goal?

And how are umpiring issues a topic every week? On here maybe but where else? Apart from the odd contentious decision when was the last time you heard umpires discussed in the media? Oh that's right the media are just saying what the AFL says they can so they don't criticise the umpires, except for when they do of course. Pure Trump logic.

• Haha
There is NO complexity to umpiring a game of football.

That statement really excludes you from being able to have any perspective at all on the topic.

Any even slightly fair minded person would acknowledge AFL umpiring is right at the top end of the most difficult and complicated sports to officiate on anywhere in the world.

If you can't get to that position then your opinion is never going to be valid.

So errors are ok unless you deem them not to be. Ok.

By the way, when was the last time you saw a player handball the ball to someone who was standing out of bounds while they were taking a set shot on goal?

And how are umpiring issues a topic every week? On here maybe but where else? Apart from the odd contentious decision when was the last time you heard umpires discussed in the media? Oh that's right the media are just saying what the AFL says they can so they don't criticise the umpires, except for when they do of course. Pure Trump logic.
Too much European sun on you TBR. :ROFLMAO:

Geez you tee off when you don't have a comeback. Bloody hell.

On your point on the rules, I don't think its cut and dried, and I'm not sure you're quite right. They review touched off the boot, player might get a fingernail on it when kicked from 50 out and sails through the middle, reviewed as a behind. Is this case that different? You say reviews don't look at frees, fair enough, but this wasn't a free, it was kicked from outside the field of play. Throw-in.

I haven't looked at the AFL admission in detail, I'd be interested in the explanation of no review.

Too much European sun on you TBR. :ROFLMAO:

Answer the question, when did you last see something like that happen?

Geez you tee off when you don't have a comeback. Bloody hell.

On your point on the rules, I don't think its cut and dried, and I'm not sure you're quite right. They review touched off the boot, player might get a fingernail on it when kicked from 50 out and sails through the middle, reviewed as a behind. Is this case that different? You say reviews don't look at frees, fair enough, but this wasn't a free, it was kicked from outside the field of play. Throw-in.

I haven't looked at the AFL admission in detail, I'd be interested in the explanation of no review.

My mistake I should have said reviews don't look at umpiring decisions. They look at if the ball was touched and where it went through.

The fact the ball was out of bounds when it was kicked is out of the scope of the review. It is only looking at what happened once it was kicked.

Answer the question, when did you last see something like that happen?
I don't have a bot memory, but what's it got to do with a simple obvious mistake that could've been witnessed by 3 other umpires and overturned? They had time while Cameron was ready to kick.