Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

We were no chance today.

None.

The second we took control, bewildering 50m penalties - 3 goals.

Then Holding the ball, but wait for it... ONLY against us.

Absolute *smile* corrupt joke this competition. GAGF AFL

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
We just went a whole half without a free until 5 seconds to go. This is sooo soo bad even by our usual standards two fourth quarters in two weeks where the bias was obvious. This is the reason Benny missed the top job they can't have him know....

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Call at umpires rooms at 3qtr time … Afl here, Tigers aren’t supposed to win today. Roger that we’re on it …

Reactions: 3 users
We just went a whole half without a free until 5 seconds to go. This is sooo soo bad even by our usual standards two fourth quarters in two weeks where the bias was obvious. This is the reason Benny missed the top job they can't have him know....
I'm not even sure why I'm seething.

Happens every week.

That was next level today though. And probably cost us our season.

There's no sport on earth officiated as badly with such rubbery interpretations as AFL .

I'm done

Reactions: 4 users
I’m not normally an umpire basher online.

I was at the game today. Did they change the umpires at 3 quarter time? Because they seem to change the rules !!

Reactions: 4 users
HTB was paid arbitrarily today. They put the whistle away in the first half when we had 3 - 4 reasonable claims but changed their minds in the 2nd half. Dunno how they missed that high against Pickett on Broad in our defensive goal square but they certainly were willing to pay HTB then.

Reactions: 7 users
We gain momentum after going up by 21 points and then flogs intervene with stupid 50s.

We gain momentum with 2 quick goals early in final quarter, and then flogs intervene with stupid HTB against Taranto.

PATHETIC TO THE CORE!!!!

Last quarter. Taranto just staring down the cheating *smile* holding his own arm.

He's held at almost every contest. He's PLEADING with one of the FOUR useless, inept oxygen thieves to just see it ONCE.

It's no wonder we stopped in the last. We were never winning that.

1 free kick in a half?!

I'm not upset, just disappointed.

For years I've been posting in this thread about how the umpires never pay the Joel Selwood arm lift as prior opportunity. How many "high" free kicks have we given away when the opposition lifted the arm only for the umpires to fail to identify it as prior opportunity? A hundred times? Two hundred times?

Today they finally got one right.

And it was when our player lifted his arm a third of the way in the opposition's goal square.

Just disappointed.

I’m not normally an umpire basher online.

I was at the game today. Did they change the umpires at 3 quarter time? Because they seem to change the rules !!

Actually, they did.

Well, I think it was early in the last quarter.

Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Being at the game I missed what happened to Gawn when that 50 metre penalty was given in the 3rd quarter.
What happened ?

Reactions: 1 user