Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

In the last, Jack I think marks it on the 50, Sicily takes a step, stops, looks at the ump, takes another step, stops, repeats. No 50

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
I think it’s time the term “umpire” was done away with.
The way they adjudicate rules, interpretations and players mindsets they should be referred to as what they are “*smile* imbeciles with whistles”

Reactions: 1 user
The deliberate out of bounds has seemingly gone to a new level. Won't be surprised the 'last touch' rule between the arcs gets discussed again in the offseason. We're almost there now.
Richo has been saying that for a while. Bucks mentioned it today. Bath sound disgusted with the way it is currently officiated.

This has to be raised, but the flogs just keep repeating

These are the ones that make other people dismiss us as whingers

Vlastuin definitely went to go left and stopped I was screaming at him to take his time and he rushed and played on

Theres plenty of legitimate umpiring blues to point out making up stupid stuff like this just hurts our credibility

I think it’s time the term “umpire” was done away with.
The way they adjudicate rules, interpretations and players mindsets they should be referred to as what they are “*smile* imbeciles with whistles”

Used to frustrate the *smile* out of me but now I can pick the decision 99 times out of 100 before the whistle goes by following TBRs rule

Just ask yourself if they have a team mate close enough to where the ball goes out to get it if no it will get paid

• Haha
They're not called deliberate out of bounds anymore but insufficient attempt. I actually feel that they've been pretty consistent overall in that area. Maybe need to take conditions into account a bit more.

Vlastuin definitely went to go left and stopped I was screaming at him to take his time and he rushed and played on

Theres plenty of legitimate umpiring blues to point out making up stupid stuff like this just hurts our credibility
He was called play on when taking 2 or 3 backward steps.

Reactions: 1 users
Used to frustrate the *smile* out of me but now I can pick the decision 99 times out of 100 before the whistle goes by following TBRs rule

Just ask yourself if they have a team mate close enough to where the ball goes out to get it if no it will get paid
Yeah, nah. The Hawthorn player deliberately handballs it over the line. Clear as day, no intent to get it to his player. Free kick? Yer havin’ a larf mate.

Reactions: 3 users

Players move all the time without ump calling playing on. He only rushed cause the ump called play on.

Reactions: 5 users
Just atrocious today. As usual. It's become the standard.

Watching at the ground today, and it's amazing how poorly they are positioned. Even with 4 umpires.

Whole umpiring department needs a complete rebuild. Start from scratch because it's the worst it's ever been

Reactions: 7 users
Just atrocious today. As usual. It's become the standard.

Watching at the ground today, and it's amazing how poorly they are positioned. Even with 4 umpires.

Whole umpiring department needs a complete rebuild. Start from scratch because it's the worst it's ever been
Biggest error by the flogs today was changing their colors to a neutral blue. Be last time seen as when in the usual clash yellow their ridiculous decisions are " blended" somewhat. Today their errors were fully exposed to all & sundry

Quite a few deliberates given in the Pies match. Rule of the week. Flogs.

and a miskick in the backline is deliberate,

but a miskick in the forward line isn't.

so its a subjective rule that applies to half the ground

Reactions: 7 users