Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

3 frees in 3 quarters of football against Freo, and one of those was an out on the full. Says it all really.

and remember 1 of those frees we played on and was having a shot for goal, and they pulled it back as they wouldn't play the advantage even though the play didn't stop. That never happens, but even when paying us a free kick they managed to bone us. That 1 took some doing.

• Angry
Reactions: 12 users
and remember 1 of those frees we played on and was having a shot for goal, and they pulled it back as they wouldn't play the advantage even though the play didn't stop. That never happens, but even when paying us a free kick they managed to bone us. That 1 took some doing.
And if I remember rightly did the same to Freo when they took the advantage but fluffed it. That is at least consistent but is exactly the wrong way to adjudicate "advantage". It is the one rule where the players dictate what happens. The ump really only decides whether the player has "taken the advantage" not whether there was an improvement in the fortunes of the team "with the advantage". They are really only deciding if play was continuous. If it was the same ump who refused both advantages, I think he's misinterpreting the rule.

Reactions: 2 users
Spot on. Mini is -38 for free kicks in his first 4 games.

The narrative is that's just how we play. As if we deserve it somehow!!!
I believe this is on the money. Even the commentary on games. I'll be going off about a *smile* decision that was obviously a free kick to us, the commentators won't even bring it up. When the opposition cop a 50/50 against them it's brought up , replayed and the commentary is all about how Richmond got away with one there. This has been going on since we became successful.

Reactions: 8 users
I hope we haven't forgotten to bring the lube on the plane for the trip up to Cletusville:

Screen_Shot_2023-06-27_at_11.49.00_am.png

Updated now that all teams have had the bye.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
I hope we haven't forgotten to bring the lube on the plane for the trip up to Cletusville:

View attachment 19790

Again we are kicked to the bottom - just happens to coincide with our return to winning form. Funny about that! It's an absolute scandal.

It's a certain victory to Brisvegas this game. If we get at all close and threatening, just watch the 4 x dumps award them very 'delicate' frees in their F50 until they are comfortably clear. And if they cannot find those frees easily enough, there's always the goal review system ... as we well know.

Not that I'm thinking for one moment that it won't be very hard to hard to beat this Lions team up there - a better team than last year with some very talented youngsters - especially post-bye for us. But the umps will be sure to make it quite a rort, % booster for Fagan's flogs.

Has O'Gorman been named yet? With Razor Ray?

Ive been playing jon denver and shoving pineapples up my *smile* to get ready for thurs night

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

View attachment 19790

“We’re undisciplined”, “it’s our game style”, “we play on the edge” they say as a way to explain our free kick differential.

But 6 teams have given away more frees than Richmond. A third of the comp.

Port Adelaide, one above us on the ladder, have given away 42 more free kicks! Undisciplined or what!

But hang on, they’ve also received 44 more frees than us. hmmm

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
How is it the crows miss a lousy free and all hell breaks loose , we have that 8 x every bloody week and never hear a word and then cornesy says we’re whining

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users
I showed this to the lads I work with today and straight away one said he handballed it. Looked at it a thousand more times and I wouldnt want to put my life on that he didnt get a touch with the right hand. Maybe not so blatant after all when you really watch it closely.

If you call that a handball, ie: holding the ball in one hand and hitting it with the other, maybe you should apply to be an umpire, you'd fit right in :rotfl2

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If you call that a handball, ie: holding the ball in one hand and hitting it with the other, maybe you should apply to be an umpire, you'd fit right in :rotfl2

DS
If the player who received the ball had been behind Daicos then any Melbourne Storm player would have been proud of the pass.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DS

Well we can take part a as read if you are putting your life on his right hand definitely not touching the ball on the way out then maybe you are the one who should be an umpire. Stuffed if I can say for certain

Well we can take part a as read if you are putting your life on his right hand definitely not touching the ball on the way out then maybe you are the one who should be an umpire. Stuffed if I can say for certain

Rule doesn't say touching, it says hitting.

Since you can't read or comprehend you should apply to be an AFL umpire immediately.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
We have Nick Foot, Andrew Stephens and Nathan Williamson umpiring us tonight.

We cop a beating from every umpire, but I have Nathan Williamson in my top 3 of anti Richmond biased umpires. He absolutely smashes us.

Home crowd. Williamson. Be prepared.

1688006830273.jpeg

• Angry

We cop a beating from every umpire, but I have Nathan Williamson in my top 3 of anti Richmond biased umpires. He absolutely smashes us.

View attachment 19803

So your recommendation is to drink in plastic cups tonight #saveourtvs

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

View attachment 19803
That is only 3. Who is the 4th Tiger hater? Just had a look. It is Mollinson. Does he shaft us as well?

Reactions: 1 user