Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Watched the replay We understand how difficult it is to umpire and the decisions are subjective a matter of opinion with shades of grey,
What was the worst decision was the failure to pay free to Prestia for head high contact and to ball it up, Razor explains it was accidental. Now they are making up their own rules
Razor should be umpiring in the country next weekend but the AFL will not do that.
There's rules, that are applied strictly for such behaviour as Shai encroaching on the 9m or Shai showing dissent (to a clearly incorrect free).

Then there's instances of rules where you can relax your interpretations for things such as "accidents" (see Prestia example) or where you can choose to apply "common sense" - such as in the Sydney game last year when they booted the ball away before the full-time siren.

Or choosing not to use the "umpires call" rule despite there being no clear evidence to overturn it.

And don't forget when they pinged Houli for HTB a few years ago when he marked a touched ball but did not hear the umpires call of touched. Usually they apply common sense and ball it up, but in Houli's case they applied the strict interpreatation and pinged him because he didnt attempt to dispose of it. I'm yet to see that same application in any other game.

Perhaps they can call these quirks The Tiger Interpretations as they often seem to occur in our games?

• Angry
Reactions: 9 users
There's rules, that are applied strictly for such behaviour as Shai encroaching on the 9m or Shai showing dissent (to a clearly incorrect free).

Then there's instances of rules where you can relax your interpretations for things such as "accidents" (see Prestia example) or where you can choose to apply "common sense" - such as in the Sydney game last year when they booted the ball away before the full-time siren.

Or choosing not to use the "umpires call" rule despite there being no clear evidence to overturn it.

And don't forget when they pinged Houli for HTB a few years ago when he marked a touched ball but did not hear the umpires call of touched. Usually they apply common sense and ball it up, but in Houli's case they applied the strict interpreatation and pinged him because he didnt attempt to dispose of it. I'm yet to see that same application in any other game.

Perhaps they can call these quirks The Tiger Interpretations as they often seem to occur in our games?
Cheating pricks of umpires and the afl. They can gagf

Reactions: 4 users
So, here we go, Adelaide have taken the bull by the horns, unlike us it seems.
Have we or have we not approached the AFL about the horrible umpiring we cop week in and week out?

‘You f***ing kidding me?’: Crows want answers on non-calls

Adelaide will seek clarity from the AFL over the umpiring decisions that many fans believe cost the Crows four points on Sunday. We look closely at the four big calls

Reactions: 2 users
Have we or have we not approached the AFL about the horrible umpiring we cop week in and week out?

Adelaide will seek clarity from the AFL about some of the umpire decisions that went against the Crows in their narrow loss to Collingwood at the MCG.
Collingwood 21 frees to the Crowd 12. I'd love to ask the umps what about Collingwood makes them the umpires darling and what makes Richmond the enemy of the umps.

‘You f***ing kidding me?’: Crows want answers on non-calls

Adelaide will seek clarity from the AFL over the umpiring decisions that many fans believe cost the Crows four points on Sunday. We look closely at the four big calls
Good. While they're at it, how about calling in ASADA on these skunks.

I take the TBR position on this one. Hes obviously near the boundary where the umpire cant see and decides to throw it. Thats cheating.

If it were cricket and you claimed a catch on the bounce when the umpire couldnt see your name would be mud and youd likely be turfed out of the sport for good.

Cant blame the umpires for everything everyone is doing this near the boundary and thats poor form.

Reactions: 1 users
I take the TBR position on this one. Hes obviously near the boundary where the umpire cant see and decides to throw it. Thats cheating.

If it were cricket and you claimed a catch on the bounce when the umpire couldnt see your name would be mud and youd likely be turfed out of the sport for good.

Cant blame the umpires for everything everyone is doing this near the boundary and thats poor form.
That's why 1 of the 4 umpires have to get closer to the play.....NFL style (as I've posted a few times before on here) and boundary umpires should also have authority to call these.

Reactions: 3 users
That's why 1 of the 4 umpires have to get closer to the play.....NFL style (as I've posted a few times before on here) and boundary umpires should also have authority to call these.

Boundaries sure but I cant see the central seeing that unless they sit in the crowd.

Wasn’t part of the rationale for having a 4th umpire so that they could pick up things like the Daicos throw?

Reactions: 7 users
AFL concede they missed the Elliott-Dawson head high incident in the final moments of the game. “Didn’t have a good view”.

Expect to hear that being used a lot more now….despite an extra umpire.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
We could have 12 umpires on the ground. It would be no better.

We could have 12 umpires on the ground. It would be no better.

mice GIF

mice GIF
mice GIF
mice GIF

• Haha
Now Blobbo's yelling (literally) this out.
Looking at Dawson non free in isolation, which misses the point a bit. It was bad, but it happens, but when you add the gifted goals to Collingwood and the rankine non goal, it's negligent, and unjust. I agree with Robbo, crows were robbed of what could have been a season, maybe era, defining win.

Reactions: 3 users
Geez the media is giving a fair airing to the *smile* umpiring the Crows received and them subsequently getting stiffed.

We get that - and much worse - just about every single week and nobody bats an eyelid.

“Play ooooon !!!”

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Geez the media is giving a fair airing to the *smile* umpiring the Crows received and them subsequently getting stiffed.

We get that and much worse every single week just about and nobody bats an eyelid.

“Play ooooon !!!”
Spot on. Mini is -38 for free kicks in his first 4 games.

The narrative is that's just how we play. As if we deserve it somehow!!!

• Angry