Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I thought the fourth umpire was introduced to cut out this kind of off the ball holding. Yeh nah.
4th umpire, just another obnoxious nuggy hovering around the central corridor of the game. Taking up useful space and causing everyone to try n step carefully around them trying to avoid the odourous underfoot.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
This is bloody ground hog day every week…nothing to see here.

If only we had someone to analyse these so called free kicks we don’t get. :whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
Why isnt the club making more noise about this??? they owe it to their members to question it publicly, so we know they are trying to do something about it
Been done before over recent years and it's had us labelled as sooks n whingers without altering the outcomes in any way. If the club is foolish enough to make any more obvious and disparaging public remarks about the umpiring. We'll get the *smile* fined out of us and you can bet that the cost of the fine would be included in our soft cap, pushing us over the mandated limit which would then mean we'd get the cap tax thrown in on top of the fine. Just for Lols of course.
It's bad enough getting butt *smile* by the maggots every week as it is, but surely we don't need Gilligan n the rest of HQ joining in the conga line of butt *smile* to do us over properly.

What does the afl want of Richmond before they relent from their incessant bias? A couple of successive wooden spoons?

Yep, I can cop that part of the reason for the differential is because we are a great pressuring and niggling side.

Still, the inconsistency does my head in. Last night Prestia got pinged for insufficient intent, which was a terrible decision. Razor Ray later refused to pay one against the Saints that was a lot more deliberate.
Yeh that *smile* me. Wet ball and Prestia kicked a torp under pressure that went off the side of the boot. Ray is a complete egotistical wanker. He and Kermit belong together. Self indulgent knobs.
They should umpire in masks with no numbers or names. Completely anonymous. We don’t need to know anything about them. They aren’t answerable or accountable to the teams or the media or the public so why should we have to know their identities?
I personally know an umpire, Chris Donlon, and he was a complete arrogant knob when I knew him. Perfect personality to be an umpire.

Reactions: 8 users
After they made that comment about Coniglio, the Giants should have gone through the game and when they found that he hadn’t been whinging all game like the umpire claimed as justification for giving a 50 taken it to the AFL and demanded an apology for damage done to Coniglio’s reputation. That would have shown everyone what they’re like. We’ve all seen what happens if anyone dares to question their character in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: 3 users
Time for Punt Road to put a Notice to Gil & Co that we would just like our games to refereed in Touch Footy mode.

Reactions: 1 user
The last 3 weeks we have had 29-58 frees and we won all 3 games.
All through our premiership years we were last on free kick differential.
I am now convinced there is an inverse relationship between Richmond winning and free kicks.
We should be praying to get reemed by the umps every week
Go back another week and it is 81 frees against and 43 frees for. Aarrgghh.

What does the afl want of Richmond before they relent from their incessant bias? A couple of successive wooden spoons?
They want a different team to win :cupgold every year
We won 2017,19 & 20 so now we get penalised as we didn’t follow the script

Remember that one. Called the same at the time (it was the city end right?). Its the most obvious 50 you can give as its very clear where the mark is. Its "back to the 9" everytime, so as soon as he goes over that line he's encroached and he knows he's encroached. Easiest place on the field to adjudicate that decision yet nope, nothing.
Except if Shai does it. Then it’s 50 every time

What's worse is that *smile* big headed prick is so up himself, he comes in with a smile to a frustrated player thinking everything's fine.
Yeh he actually thinks he’s a celebrity. That people are there to watch him. Such a tippy toe walking knob.

Yeh that *smile* me. Wet ball and Prestia kicked a torp under pressure that went off the side of the boot. Ray is a complete egotistical wanker. He and Kermit belong together. Self indulgent knobs.
They should umpire in masks with no numbers or names. Completely anonymous. We don’t need to know anything about them. They aren’t answerable or accountable to the teams or the media or the public so why should we have to know their identities?
I personally know an umpire, Chris Donlon, and he was a complete arrogant knob when I knew him. Perfect personality to be an umpire.

The way I imagine umps are that they were the last picked in PE because they couldn't actually play sports very well, and are resentful over that.

Reactions: 1 user
What I don’t understand is the total silence about this.

Nothing from the club, nothing from the media. They can’t criticise the tackle stuff enough yet act like this is a non issue. Bizarre.

4th umpire, just another obnoxious nuggy hovering around the central corridor of the game. Taking up useful space and causing everyone to try n step carefully around them trying to avoid the odourous underfoot.
Exactly TM.

The amount of times in every game you see an umpire in the way is …..

Remember that one. Called the same at the time (it was the city end right?). Its the most obvious 50 you can give as its very clear where the mark is. Its "back to the 9" everytime, so as soon as he goes over that line he's encroached and he knows he's encroached. Easiest place on the field to adjudicate that decision yet nope, nothing.
Yep, city end- must have been the 3rd quarter- Higgins ran straight in, then was called back.