Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Loved the bronx cheers from our supporters every time we got one. It truly has become a miracle when they call one in our favour.

As for the missed HTB which were 100% obvious, I lost count how many there were. Followed up with Baltas ball get knocked out and gets pinged immediately.... does my f ing head in.

Id love to see a video of all the missed ones over the last 2 weeks. Could be enough footage to justify a royal commission.

Reactions: 6 users
From what I saw at the game tonite, hey did everything they could to get the Saints over the line.

Of all their goals, 8 or so came directly from umpire decisions during the game.

On the plus side, StK are pi$$weak and STILL could'nt put us away despite the above and us still having key outs.

Tiger supporters around me were losing their minds at what we were seeing, (again) and I still can't understand why the Club puts up with this BS - its bordering on cheating.

Its clear there's heap of rookie umpires have been promoted with the 4 umpire farce and that coupled with BS rules and their ever weirder interpretations and angering supporter bases across the whole competition.

ITS A BILLION DOLLAR CAPER.....and we STILL have part time officials. But they have money for the latest woke BS from week to week etc etc. ITS PISSING PEOPLE OFF and I know many that are ready to pull the pin and go and watch local footy. Me included.

Enough.
Ok rookie umps have been promoted to cater for the 4 field ump BS
problem is they still ignore the frees to us that they give to others

Reactions: 1 users
Loved the bronx cheers from our supporters every time we got one. It truly has become a miracle when they call one in our favour.

As for the missed HTB which were 100% obvious, I lost count how many there were. Followed up with Baltas ball get knocked out and gets pinged immediately.... does my f ing head in.

Id love to see a video of all the missed ones over the last 2 weeks. Could be enough footage to justify a royal commission.
If the HTB against Balta when he barely had it and it was knocked out was a legitimate free and umpired consistently, we should have had about 20 extra free kicks.
Appalling umpiring

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users
If the HTB against Balta when he barely had it and it was knocked out was a legitimate free and umpired consistently, we should have had about 20 extra free kicks.
Appalling umpiring
Got knocked out of his hands as he collected the ball.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Next match should be good - last on the free kick diff vs 1st on the free kick diff. The last 2 games may only have been the preshow.

They hand out black and yellow butt plugs before the game at The Aussie Nash butch.

The Gabba Reeming is like dreamtime and anzac day

Its the perfect storm of Queensland, 30,000 people who dont understand footy and rostering john denver fans to umpire

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I had a look at the BF Game Day thread last night. A lot of neutrals were saying how hard done we were by the umpires and what a good ride the Aints were getting. Happened last week, too. When that starts happening you know there’s an issue.

i have tried over the last few years to not get too upset at the umpiring because it was out of my control and i should have expected it. 'why get angry over something you know is going to happen and you cant change it" i thought

but the last 2 weeks, bloody hell

Reactions: 3 users
I go to every game here and watch the interstate ones on tv. Every week I keep saying to myself, “the umpiring can’t get any worse. It has to improve next week”. And to their credit, the umpires keep proving me wrong

I can almost cop that we are the dirtiest side to ever have existed as the reason we always give away heaps of frees. Almost.
What I can’t cop is that our opposition always seem to be on their best behaviour when they play us. Free kicks don’t have to be even, I accept that. I can’t accept that what is a free kick for the opposition, isn’t a free kick for us. Be consistent you green snot rag maggots.
Is it a coincidence that a lot of ex Richmond people have been in charge of the umpires and we get reamed?
From memory, some of those in charge of the umpires since around 2000 have been gieschen (ex coach), Schwab ( ex reserves coach), Campbell ( ex player) & Richardson ( ex whatever at the club)

Gil must have had a yarn with umps panel after last weeks debacle as we broke into double figures against Saint Hilda's

Grant Thomas
@Thomo_Grant

9fk V 19fk and as a Saints fan the umpires have definitely kept us in the game. I’ll say it again and again….umpiring has more influence on outcomes of our game than any other game on the planet.

9:31 PM · Jun 17, 2023
·
Views
Seen a few similar takes from neutral and even some Saint supporters. As a few of us have said, we are umpired differently.

• Angry
i have tried over the last few years to not get too upset at the umpiring because it was out of my control and i should have expected it. 'why get angry over something you know is going to happen and you cant change it" i thought

but the last 2 weeks, bloody hell
I got so wound up over the umpiring last night that my watch threw up a message about my elevated heart rate while inactive.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Seen a few similar takes from neutral and even some Saint supporters. As a few of us have said, we are umpired differently.
Why hasn’t the club *smile* said something publicly, that they are seeking clarification on free kicks that were not getting paid. Like every *smile* other club would do. You need to say something publicly ffs

Reactions: 4 users
The last 3 weeks we have had 29-58 frees and we won all 3 games.
All through our premiership years we were last on free kick differential.
I am now convinced there is an inverse relationship between Richmond winning and free kicks.
We should be praying to get reemed by the umps every week

I’ve had many debates about this and out of all the theories and arguments the one indisputable one seems to be when we play our best we end up with less free kicks. No idea why but it certainly makes me less worried about umpires.

• Sad
It *smile* me that we talk about this after practically every game but it just won't stop. Sick of it.

How can they so consistently *smile* us in every single bloody game. So many weird decisions today, nothing given to us.

The Saints were playing up to it in the end too, driving their heads into tackles, Higgins dived like he was Ronaldo when he thought he might get a sliding below the knees free. In fact the only thing I was annoyed about more than the umps today, is why no-one sat that short prick campaigner Higgins out. He dogs us and then seems to enjoy rubbing it in our faces, such a little prick. I don't boo players that used to play for us (didn't boo Butler) but that prick Higgins BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
There was one Mason Wood effort that was madness. Did a diving twisting spearing flip, into Bakes I think it was, that would have made a Dolphin in the dolphin show at Seaworld jealous, telegraphed a mile out. I had to do a Dimma and storm out of the room.