Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

We really are umpired differently. It’s the ones we don’t get that our opponents do that does my head in.

Reactions: 16 users
Who was no 14. He gave us nothing and was hair trigger ready for them.
It also felt like they got more than 6 frees in the last quarter. I will watch the replay and count all frees.

Reactions: 1 users
The last 3 weeks we have had 29-58 frees and we won all 3 games.
All through our premiership years we were last on free kick differential.
I am now convinced there is an inverse relationship between Richmond winning and free kicks.
We should be praying to get reemed by the umps every week

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
25 frees to 12. 13 extra Kicks. That would put Frees in the best for the Saints.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
We really are umpired differently. It’s the ones we don’t get that our opponents do that does my head in.
exactly this. My the eyeballs, and by the free tally numbers. They got a lot of soft high frees, which I'm fine with as long as its consistent, but we couldn't buy one. Dusty was coathangered in a centre break, play on, and MRJ was collected high late after taking the mark, no 50. 2 Blatant ones not paid, they got heaps of soft ones.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t want to comment on the umpiring of the game, plenty of others are doing that.
I just want to comment on one thing that happened that was not acceptable for a professional umpire.
Calling Baker to play on when the countdown clock was on and showing on the scoreboard was really poor. The man on the mark was on 50, Bakes had indicated he was having a shot, the countdown clock was on.
Play on, inexplicable

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
What a cheating disgrace they are.

Driving home the radio was bombarded with irate fans.

That free against Prestia was outrageous.

Reactions: 15 users
It *smile* me that we talk about this after practically every game but it just won't stop. Sick of it.

How can they so consistently *smile* us in every single bloody game. So many weird decisions today, nothing given to us.

The Saints were playing up to it in the end too, driving their heads into tackles, Higgins dived like he was Ronaldo when he thought he might get a sliding below the knees free. In fact the only thing I was annoyed about more than the umps today, is why no-one sat that short prick campaigner Higgins out. He dogs us and then seems to enjoy rubbing it in our faces, such a little prick. I don't boo players that used to play for us (didn't boo Butler) but that prick Higgins BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: 15 users
It *smile* me that we talk about this after practically every game but it just won't stop. Sick of it.

How can they so consistently *smile* us in every single bloody game. So many weird decisions today, nothing given to us.

The Saints were playing up to it in the end too, driving their heads into tackles, Higgins dived like he was Ronaldo when he thought he might get a sliding below the knees free. In fact the only thing I was annoyed about more than the umps today, is why no-one sat that short prick campaigner Higgins out. He dogs us and then seems to enjoy rubbing it in our faces, such a little prick. I don't boo players that used to play for us (didn't boo Butler) but that prick Higgins BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah, it’s a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. Oppo players know that they can drop their shoulder and get the high free, just drop the ball and not get penalised, flop like a jellyfish and get a free when they play us.

Ray Chamberlain should retire immediately.
The free kick against Shai late in the 3rd Quarter was an appalling decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
From what I saw at the game tonite, hey did everything they could to get the Saints over the line.

Of all their goals, 8 or so came directly from umpire decisions during the game.

On the plus side, StK are pi$$weak and STILL could'nt put us away despite the above and us still having key outs.

Tiger supporters around me were losing their minds at what we were seeing, (again) and I still can't understand why the Club puts up with this BS - its bordering on cheating.

Its clear there's heap of rookie umpires have been promoted with the 4 umpire farce and that coupled with BS rules and their ever weirder interpretations and angering supporter bases across the whole competition.

ITS A BILLION DOLLAR CAPER.....and we STILL have part time officials. But they have money for the latest woke BS from week to week etc etc. ITS PISSING PEOPLE OFF and I know many that are ready to pull the pin and go and watch local footy. Me included.

Enough.

Reactions: 5 users
Vlaustin taken high almost a reportable offence was bumped in the head play on. Multiple times all players stopped for obvious HTB decisions but again play on only frees given were the 100 obvious ones except a few razor gave as he likes to blow

Pretty much just bring along the Vaso n grab my ankles when I go to the Tiges games these days. Makes it awful hard to watch the game though,peering up through my legs while bent over waiting for the umpires.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Next match should be good - last on the free kick diff vs 1st on the free kick diff. The last 2 games may only have been the preshow.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
The last 3 weeks we have had 29-58 frees and we won all 3 games.
All through our premiership years we were last on free kick differential.
I am now convinced there is an inverse relationship between Richmond winning and free kicks.
We should be praying to get reemed by the umps every week
Yep, I can cop that part of the reason for the differential is because we are a great pressuring and niggling side.

Still, the inconsistency does my head in. Last night Prestia got pinged for insufficient intent, which was a terrible decision. Razor Ray later refused to pay one against the Saints that was a lot more deliberate.

How many of our frees were for deliberate oob?
Take those out and the down the field one after Rioli was hit in the throat leaves how many in general play.
Noticed the frustration of our players with arms in the air after many decisions against us.

Reactions: 4 users
Yep, I can cop that part of the reason for the differential is because we are a great pressuring and niggling side.

Still, the inconsistency does my head in. Last night Prestia got pinged for insufficient intent, which was a terrible decision. Razor Ray later refused to pay one against the Saints that was a lot more deliberate.
Yes, as I said Tigerman I don’t want to get into the umpiring too much. My post was more to introduce a bit of levity into the discussion.

Reactions: 1 user