Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Buddy goes way off his line in an arc when he has a shot for goal as do many others. Personally I think there are 2 sets of rules, one for straight run up and one for snap.
The Buddy arc rule was purely a bloody farce but is still somewhat different from standing side on and stepping 90 degrees across the designated line of the kick

Surprised Broad didn’t get weeks for this…

How *smile* is their technology that a person hitting the post AFTER the ball did impacts on your ability to use it.

The technology in the review system in cricket can slow down enough to show the differences in snicko as to when the ball hits the bat vs the pad, these are split second instances but the AFL technology can't do the same thing.

As most have been saying for a long term, if you want a good review system PAY THE *smile* MONEY TO GET ONE. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys after all.

Reactions: 2 users
Over the past couple of years there have been plenty of post about the ill-disipline of our players and the amount of 50s we give away. Well last night has put that to bed IMO. I thought that the entire team showed incredible disipline in not having a go at the umps and getting done for abuse. Special mentions to Baber and Graham.

Well done AFL.

Last night's game was a decent spectacle, huge win by us in tough conditions, record crowd for the 2 clubs....

But have a glance of social media, footy forums, chat to the bloke over the back fence and the ONLY thing anyone is discussing is how putrid the umpiring was.

And how bad they are in general.

Apparently there's a crisis at junior levels getting umpires. And when you look at the confusing, convoluted rules that they have to "interpret" you can understand why nobody wants to do it.

Footy is in trouble.

Reactions: 3 users
Always been the rule that if you step off the direct line to goal it's play on. Player lines up for the hook shot at goal the first movement he makes is to step off the direct line.
Foosh made the simple mistake of being way to close to the man on the mark to take his shot in the first place, pure opportunity for the smother.
I emplore you to watch it again. He had not taken a step before the umpire was on the whistle. It happens in other parts of the ground too. We get asked to play on quick for no apparent reason.

Reactions: 6 users
So the footage was inconclusive because they couldn’t use snicko?
Were their eyeballs on the fritz too, because I could see a deflection.
What a circus
THIS!! It clearly deflected. From every angle they showed. The controversy is not the edge but whoever the *smile* cannot see a CLEAR deflection.

And this from the AFL

An AFL spokesperson on Sunday told AAP the league had ticked off the goal review process.

So does that mean they agree the footage was inconclusive!!!!!??????

WHAT THE *smile*

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon the arc operator *smile* up. He probably thought the goal umpire thought it was a goal and that’s why he went to umpires call. Probably *smile* himself when he realised the umpire actually thought it was a behind. Hard not to be cynical with everything that went on last night, from the shitful umpiring, to mansell being referred straight to the tribunal for nothing

Reactions: 1 users
That was simply the biggest joke of all time in the history of umpiring decisions.
We need an AI of John Cleese / Basil dressed as an umpire serving a bunch of Richmond supporters.

Then coming out and saying don’t mention the ARC. I think I did it once but got away with it.

Reactions: 1 user
I emplore you to watch it again. He had not taken a step before the umpire was on the whistle. It happens in other parts of the ground too. We get asked to play on quick for no apparent reason.
Ummm. Once again the umpires don't get on the whistle to call play on, it's a stop play signal so I have bugger all idea what you're rabbiting on about.

I know we got screwed on the free kick count (as every week bar the odd win).

However, we def had luck on our side in the last quarter arc review.

For a laugh can anyone find that doctored video Mickey has from Front Bar where he mentions a controversial decision then cuts to "The Arc"?
Then he shows a white dog in a Rfc scarf operating the video panel.
Absolute classic.
So in lieu of all the bad news with the wedding bus crash in Nsw and the 2 bad Richmond stories we need some comedic relief.

I am not too savvy with social media etc.

As per my post above can anyone dig up footage of Mickey and "his dog" running the arc reviews?

Might just be a light bit of relief we need right now.
Thanks in advance.

So in lieu of all the bad news with the wedding bus crash in Nsw and the 2 bad Richmond stories we need some comedic relief.

I am not too savvy with social media etc.

As per my post above can anyone dig up footage of Mickey and "his dog" running the arc reviews?

Might just be a light bit of relief we need right now.
Thanks in advance.
Training 101

Go to google

Type

front bar arc review richmond dog

(I run the teach a man to fish philosophy)

Picture is on the right

Training 101

Go to google

Type

front bar arc review richmond dog

(I run the teach a man to fish philosophy)

Picture is on the right
Cheers, RE.

Comprehension 101

Go to my post, read it.

I don't recall mentioning a pic anywhere.

Here endeth the lesson!;)

Cheers, RE.

Comprehension 101

Go to my post, read it.

I don't recall mentioning a pic anywhere.

Here endeth the lesson!;)
now that is a post in lazy 101

so the picture gives you the time stamp of when they posted it .. 9:22 PM · Jun 22, 2022

and then you can see which episode it is and find the youtube video of the show

12 minutes and 10 seconds

i incorrectly assumed you were able to work out the rest and i'm not sherlock holmes

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users