Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Why wasn’t Clarke given a free after he kicked his goal? He kicked the balled then Redman went for his head repeatedly. Free everyday of the week for mine. The umpire was right there.

100 times out of 100 thats a free kick

Reactions: 1 user
Why wasn’t Clarke given a free after he kicked his goal? He kicked the balled then Redman went for his head repeatedly. Free everyday of the week for mine. The umpire was right there.
The flog actually told Clarke to ease up not Redman.

• Haha
Umps were weird last night. We've seen games where they pay even the slightest of frees but they let a heck of a lot go last night, just paid the really obvious ones.

The umps were very benny hill like last night both ways, the short passes hardly hit the 10 metre mark

I lost count of the times we were scragged, held and jumped on.
10 frees for the game 9 against. Is that some sort of record?
Maybe the afl know how inept and useless these duds are and allow allow one whistle with a pea in it to be shared around the 500 umpires on the field

Maybe the afl know how inept and useless these duds are and allow allow one whistle with a pea in it to be shared around the 500 umpires on the field
Given the amount of kick to kick the Bombers were doing,and the least physical I have seen a Tiger side playing for some time it is no wonder the umps had an easy night.

At 1 point, I can't remember who it was but we tackled them, seemed a pretty clear HTB. Stevic puts the whistle to his mouth, then doesn't blow it. Allows the game to play for another 10 seconds then called for a ball up.

It seemed pretty obvious yesterday that they decided they weren't going to pay many frees, for some unknown reason.

They just refused to pay holding the man frees yesterday. 1 right in front of my in the Shane Warne stand and the short is pulled all the way back off the body (apparently they look for that) yet it was play on. There were numerous frees both ways that they just refused to pay last night. It was very strange baring in mind how the umps have impired the rest of the season.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Not the umps fault, but they are told to penalise players trying to dispose of the ball, eg dropping it when trying to kick, or even trying to fend off when a tackler is on them quickly, but they continue to allow guys to walk into tackles to wrap the ball up- clearly intentional, and clearly not trying to get rid of it, but its a ball up every time. (except when it's not.)
Rarely get pinged for wearing the tackle and holding the ball in while pretending to try n get free. *smile* up trying to dispose of the ball when you get tackled is almost a jail sentence from the maggots

Why was Samson paid a mark for a goal when it clearly hit the ground? We've had our fair share of lucky calls in the last 2 games. I'm not really used to it, hard to get my head around it.
Four blind mice, four blind mice, see how they run. Laughable, but a bonus we've rarely got over the years.

Why was Samson paid a mark for a goal when it clearly hit the ground? We've had our fair share of lucky calls in the last 2 games. I'm not really used to it, hard to get my head around it.
I was a fair distance away at the ground and haven’t watched the replay on tv, but did the umpire pay a mark or was it a free kick, as I thought ( watching it the big screen at the ground) that the bummers player took him down without eyes on the ball and his arms were wrapped around Ryan . I didn’t see what the umpire signalled

I was a fair distance away at the ground and haven’t watched the replay on tv, but did the umpire pay a mark or was it a free kick, as I thought ( watching it the big screen at the ground) that the bummers player took him down without eyes on the ball and his arms were wrapped around Ryan . I didn’t see what the umpire signalled
I just had a look at FootyWire stats and Samson didn’t have a free paid to him on the night.
The think the ump was blindsided when Samson fell with his back to the ump. The ump paid the mark.
It just goes to show that having 4 field umpires is a complete waste of time when they can’t get into position. They must just stand in a line. Dumkofps.

Umpiring was pretty good in our game IMO. Not many free kicks given but consistent until the end.

Reactions: 1 users
Umpiring in any form did not cost us this game people....................................

Umpiring was pretty good in our game IMO. Not many free kicks given but consistent until the end.

Yeah its a disconcerting experience losing a game by a kick

all by ourselves

Surprised this thread isn’t at the top. Thought there were some horrible decisions. We need to practice those little throws that dogs, pies and port execute continually.

Surprised this thread isn’t at the top. Thought there were some horrible decisions. We need to practice those little throws that dogs, pies and port execute continually.
Umpiring was PI55 poor today. 14-23 in Ports favor BUT how many of those given were in front of goal, Killed us.

Reactions: 1 users
Umpiring was PI55 poor today. 14-23 in Ports favor BUT how many of those given were in front of goal, Killed us.

Yeah it was a good old fashion shafting.

Its not how many, its where.

Heat maps on frees would create riots