Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Well if Benny does decide to head up the afl footy department I hope he gets rid of the stand rule immediately.
But also simplifies some of the grey areas/interpretations that frustrate supporters and players.
Also he can *smile* off BT, Brayshaw, Mincey. Ban cornflakes, purple head and Hutchison off out of the game. Cut their afl credentials up.
Publicly whip with a rattan cane any inept, corrupt umpires like baldy in last nights game.

Time for honesty, transparency and the ability to listen to club supporters with regard to issues that *smile* us off so much.
And fixture Collingwood, Brisbane, Melbourne etc to play at sourpuss park.
Good rant.

Reactions: 1 user
Thought the umpires were awesome last night
Take the bad decisions last night , as we were the team that benefited
Interesting that with 4 umpires Dusty's push wasn't penalised. Sometimes we are on the receiving end.

Clear free kick against Martin. Nice to be on the positive side of some dodgy ones.
Yeah nah, it's one of the ones that if the Geelong player had not of exaggerated he might have got it. Maybe. Umpire was directly side on to the action, Martin used elbows and a side on action. Both moving forward. Play on in my books with all the preceding actions at the other end providing precedent.

Reactions: 1 users
On a general note, what’s happened to the holding the ball rule? You really have to be stiff to get pinged for that nowadays. I’m all for protecting the playmakers but we’ve taken it too far. Just creates stoppage after stoppage.

If they pay the frees as they should it would open up the game removing the supposed reason for bringing in the stand rule.

Did anyone mention the 4 missed 50mt penalties we should have got?
2 for holds off the ball and 2 for visable dissent against umpiring decisions. The dissent ones would have been icing on the cake for my night.

On a general note, what’s happened to the holding the ball rule? You really have to be stiff to get pinged for that nowadays. I’m all for protecting the playmakers but we’ve taken it too far. Just creates stoppage after stoppage.

If they pay the frees as they should it would open up the game removing the supposed reason for bringing in the stand rule.
They have been better in the last couple of weeks for mine.
The whistle is being blown quickly most of the time so a ball up is a good outcome as it's more consistent.
Coaches will start to adapt if it remains this way.
The stand rule is a blight on the game, I'd rather a ball up any day of the week opposed to the stand rule.

2 for holds off the ball and 2 for visable dissent against umpiring decisions. The dissent ones would have been icing on the cake for my night.
Also two “advantage “that were called back when we actually took the advantage and streaming forward only to go back and take the free kick.

Actually disadvantaged us on both occasions I thought.

Last edited:
Ahhh also just remembered the boundary throw in that was done with out rucks, how bloody good was that? The ump was ready so the ball got put into play without some stupid primary school rule about nominating. I loved it and I wish it was the norm.

Reactions: 6 users
Especially the Superman Cameron one. He nearly whacked the flog. Worth 100m penalty.

Ahhh also just remembered the boundary throw in that was done with out rucks, how bloody good was that? The ump was ready so the ball got put into play without some stupid primary school rule about nominating. I loved it and I wish it was the norm.
I love that, too. If the teams can’t get a ruck in there, stuff them, just keep the game moving. That’ll have more effect than any stupid stand rule.

Reactions: 2 users
Alright second post on this twat.
Murphy from Collingwood.
This bloke got his right whack a few weeks back from Adelaide. I liked it as he is a prick and gets away with crap every game.
This week he again should have been penalised but instead received another *smile* free kick.
How can the umpires support this player by rewarding him for being a *smile*.
Why doesnt the AFL bring his actions to light by summoning him to answer for them.
As you can see I don't rate him.

Not the umps fault, but they are told to penalise players trying to dispose of the ball, eg dropping it when trying to kick, or even trying to fend off when a tackler is on them quickly, but they continue to allow guys to walk into tackles to wrap the ball up- clearly intentional, and clearly not trying to get rid of it, but its a ball up every time. (except when it's not.)

Alright second post on this twat.
Murphy from Collingwood.
This bloke got his right whack a few weeks back from Adelaide. I liked it as he is a prick and gets away with crap every game.
This week he again should have been penalised but instead received another *smile* free kick.
How can the umpires support this player by rewarding him for being a *smile*.
Why doesnt the AFL bring his actions to light by summoning him to answer for them.
As you can see I don't rate him.
Surely he has to get sanctioned for purposely pulling down the shorts and underpants and exposing the buttocks of the GWS player?

Surely he has to get sanctioned for purposely pulling down the shorts and underpants and exposing the buttocks of the GWS player?

The ump needs to be spoken to as well. That was a push to the chest by Cadman but he signalled it high. There was no high contact there at all, but bend over and give it to the guy that provoked it anyway.

When Dusty does it, it's a push in the back! When Tom Hawkins does it... It's great bodywork or strength on the contest!

The ump got that no call against Dusty dead right. That was some shooting stars diving from the school of Dangerflop.

All things considered I loved the umpiring.
Channel 7 recently referred to Hawkins doing it as his “trademark move”!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Why wasn’t Clarke given a free after he kicked his goal? He kicked the balled then Redman went for his head repeatedly. Free everyday of the week for mine. The umpire was right there.

Reactions: 6 users
Why was Samson paid a mark for a goal when it clearly hit the ground? We've had our fair share of lucky calls in the last 2 games. I'm not really used to it, hard to get my head around it.

Why was Samson paid a mark for a goal when it clearly hit the ground? We've had our fair share of lucky calls in the last 2 games. I'm not really used to it, hard to get my head around it.
Maybe that’s because we’re not much good anymore, and the flogs have been told they can ease up on us.

• Haha