Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I keep having to burst this myth, there has never been mention of handpassing the ball with a stationary hand.

No idea how these things get any currency.

You're so right about the adjudication: any resemblance between adjudication of the rules of Australian Football as published by the AFL, and what the umpires actually decide, is purely coincidental.

DS
Hmm, maybe it was how we were coached as kids, how to handball

Reactions: 1 user
Back to umpires .....

Anyone else see Hurn? given at least 3 warnings (without penalty) to return the ball to the Tiger who won the free kick last week?
Hurn actually was waving instructions while meandering back ......
And Cumberland got 50 for time saving!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Back to umpires .....

Anyone else see Hurn? given at least 3 warnings (without penalty) to return the ball to the Tiger who won the free kick last week?
Yes we all saw it.
That's the RFC factor happens to us every single week multiple times.

Back to umpires .....

Yep, that is 50 every time. except when it is not.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Back to umpires .....

Shai’s been given a few for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Shai’s been given a few for that.
We need a montage of these ones against us and then the identical ones the other teams don't get paid against them. Anyone with a spare 48 hours?

To be fair you need to almost review every 50m penalty for the last 2-3 years in all games to make it balanced. There will be plenty of Richmond ones.

We need a montage of these ones against us and then the identical ones the other teams don't get paid against them. Anyone with a spare 48 hours?

To be fair you need to almost review every 50m penalty for the last 2-3 years in all games to make it balanced. There will be plenty of Richmond ones.
That’s because we’re really undisciplined, you know.

• Haha
Who the *** was that bald headed bloke last night ? The other two were pretty good but the bald guy just smashed us. I’m watching the recording right now and he was every bit as bad as I thought he was at the game.

Reactions: 3 users
Umps were *smile* again. So biased against us.
Missed heaps of dissent, arm waiving etc that would /should have given us a 10 goal win. Kept the wankers in it really.

Who the *** was that bald headed bloke last night ? The other two were pretty good but the bald guy just smashed us. I’m watching the recording right now and he was every bit as bad as I thought he was at the game.
Agree - that bald umpire gave a few unexplainable decisions that could have been very costly

Too many umpires on the ground. All trying desperately to justify their existence.

Thought the umpires were awesome last night
Take the bad decisions last night , as we were the team that benefited

Selwood hasn’t shaved his head and made a comeback has he?

• Haha
When Dusty does it, it's a push in the back! When Tom Hawkins does it... It's great bodywork or strength on the contest!

The ump got that no call against Dusty dead right. That was some shooting stars diving from the school of Dangerflop.

All things considered I loved the umpiring.

Reactions: 4 users
Clearly the umpiring hasn’t improved, we,re obviously just not as undisciplined as we were in the previous 7 seasons….

He was terrible. Umpire 37 was scared to give a free