Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rosy23 said:
Are you asking am I serious and saying I need to step back and take a deep breath because I asked you for further info so I can see what you're referring to? That would be very precious. Discussion on a forum isn't just one way and surely it's reasonable to try and understand what someone is saying and how they formed their opinions, especially when claims are attributed to other posters.

Twice on this thread I've asked you to clarify comments you've made about what you've claimed others have said and both times there has seemingly been no evidence to support them. You've done it to before me in private too.

Neither of the examples you gave have mentioned ladder position. Maybe Harry and ToO were pinning ladder position on Ben, I wouldn't have a clue, but they certainly didn't say so and it could have meant many things. ToO did give examples that mentioned the first round debacle and Lids' slackness but certainly didn't mention our ladder position.

Thats how I read it. Perception is a funny thing. So what?

I have only one corresponded with you privately, so I am not sure what you are referring to. You need to clarify that.

Personally I think you requiring me to defend the minutae of my posting amounts to harrassment. At least that's how I'm feeling.

Djevv said:
Personally I think you requiring me to defend the minutae of my posting amounts to harrassment. At least that's how I'm feeling.

I asked you to provide evidence of claims you attributed to me because I knew they were false, and I asked you for further details about a comment that interested me enough to want to know who made it. 2 requests, for different reasons, and you call that harassment? ::)

rosy23 said:
I asked you to provide evidence of claims you attributed to me because I knew they were false, and I asked you for further details about a comment that interested me enough to want to know who made it. 2 requests, for different reasons, and you call that harassment? ::)

I'm not really interested in taking this further, Rosy.

Cuz had 13 kicks, 14 handballs, 1 mark and kicked a behind.
He was terrible today with his win at all costs attitude and should be played at Coburg next week. Also where was Cuz when it was time to kick the winning score?
He wasnt there he whimped it and left it upto McMahon to kick the winning goal. 8)

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
So you expect us to give up Cuz for a quality kid?Good luck with that if you think any other club would want to give up that quality kid for the very same reason your trying to flog off Cousin,s.

Good point.

All this thread needs now is the Benny Hill music.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
So you expect us to give up Cuz for a quality kid?Good luck with that if you think any other club would want to give up that quality kid for the very same reason your trying to flog off Cousin,s.

What are you on about there skipper?

I wouldn't have started the thread if I didn't believe that a 2nd rounder was about Ben's value at this stage of his career for a team genuinely of the verge of challenging for the flag.

That's not us hence in Richmond's position, I wouldn't look to pick him up in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

However if we were a top 4 side I may think differently. By putting him on the table someone might bite. It certainly would be foolish not to check his value.

If the price ain't right, so be it and Ben can go on playing for us.

It's funny. Some against the trade because Cuzz's value to the team is worth so much more than a second rounder are now saying no team would contemplate giving one up for him? Go figure that one out.

Disco08 said:
It's funny. Some against the trade because Cuzz's value to the team is worth so much more than a second rounder are now saying no team would contemplate giving one up for him? Go figure that one out.

In the sense, that no other club needs Cuz and prefers to keep their pick.

History shows that Cuz came to us so we use what he gives. If he was at another club, we wouldn't give away a 2nd round pick either.

This thread needs to be locked. It's going beyond ridiculous.

You're telling me someone with a young team like Melbourne or Freo couldn't use him for the exact same reasons being pointed out on this thread?

Like Toohey's has already said - a team who thinks Cousin's class might bring a premiership within their grasp could possibly be tempted, especially given the assertions that a late second rounder is only worth the equivalent of pick 55 (is that right WT?) this year. If Travis Johnstone is worth pick 14 in a strong draft how can a player twice as good not be worth say pick 30 in the weakest draft in recent history? It makes no sense whatsoever whichever way you look at it.

BTW, if you think the thread is ridiculous don't read it, no need to so patronising at to tell us how to do our job.

Disco08 said:
You're telling me someone with a young team like Melbourne or Freo couldn't use him for the exact same reasons being pointed out on this thread?

Like Toohey's has already said - a team who thinks Cousin's class might bring a premiership within their grasp could possibly be tempted, especially given the assertions that a late second rounder is only worth the equivalent of pick 55 (is that right WT?) this year. If Travis Johnstone is worth pick 14 in a strong draft how can a player twice as good not be worth say pick 30 in the weakest draft in recent history? It makes no sense whatsoever whichever way you look at it.

BTW, if you think the thread is ridiculous don't read it, no need to so patronising at to tell us how to do our job.

Am I patronising now am I? Can't see any patronising remark I made.

I suppose other posters typing 'bin this thread' in other threads also seems patronising.

Geez...must be my 'lack of logic' again.

Disco08 said:

Travis Johnstone? He was 27 when traded. Cousins is 31. Massive difference.

TigerForce said:
Geez...must be my 'lack of logic' again.

It might be logical for some to stop participating on this thread rather than suggesting it be locked considering people are choosing to continue the discussion. If there's no interest it will disappear from the page pretty quickly.

I’d never trade anyone who can set the crowd alight like he did today when he turned on the nitro in that punt rd pocket and had a shot for goal – he ended up missing but the electricity he generated could run the Belgrave line for a week. Players like him don’t come round that often.

SCOOP said:
Travis Johnstone? He was 27 when traded. Cousins is 31. Massive difference.

I realise that, hence the suggestion Cousins might only be worthy of a latish pick. Montgomery was 32 when the Dogs picked him up with pick 55 (the same one WT is saying is equivalent to second rounder this year) in 2005. Cousins or Monty Scoop?

We have had such a woeful season ,that coming to the football to watch cousins play has been one of the few highlights..
I must admit that watching this guy play has inspired me in my own fitness campaign ..his second,third ,and fourth efforts are amazing

The fact he's proven he's capable of playing footy at the highest level again? I don't think teams were shying away from him last year because of his footballing ability.

Disco08 said:
The fact he's proven he's capable of playing footy at the highest level again? I don't think teams were shying away from him last year because of his footballing ability.

Exactly Disco. Fair difference now given that Ben's shown he's on the rooad to recovery.

If Cousin's was offered up I have no doubt whatsoever that he'd generate plenty of interest.