Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tigers of Old said:

I know we've been at opposite ends of the spectrum on this one Oldy, but I reckon the whole Cuz thing will be seen as a break even.

I doubt he'll be in Hardwick's plans next year - he's gonna have to do something special in the last 14 rounds to have his contract renewed. Playing-wise he had an ok season last year but is clearly struggling to get back up to speed at the moment, so overall probably a small loss on-field.

However, there can be no denying the extra members and interest he generated for the club last year. The fact that the club's reputation and public perception was boosted by giving him a second chance, and the way they have successfully handled any 'Cousins related issues', means off-field his drafting has been a positive.

In my opinion, of course.

Wouldn't matter if Cuz doesn't play another senior game for us. We've had good value out of giving him a lifeline. Played some quality footy for us last year but more importantly, he's set some good examples for the young mids regarding training etc.
Dimma was full of praise for Cuz when on SEN the other day.

TigerMasochist said:
Wouldn't matter if Cuz doesn't play another senior game for us. We've had good value out of giving him a lifeline. Played some quality footy for us last year but more importantly, he's set some good examples for the young mids regarding training etc.
Dimma was full of praise for Cuz when on SEN the other day.

I think this is now my position on the issue. I was dead against recruiting him in the first place, but I do think we have got something out of him that will help us move forward.