Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's not part of the hypothetical though is it? FWIW, if I'd already picked up a second rounder for Bowden I'd still be just as keen to get one for Cousins.

btoz_01 said:
Yeah go for it lets see how long it takes you to respond.
The time starts now. ;)

99.9% of people in Galileo's day thought the universe revolved around the Earth.

Bloody hilarious the angst this hypothetical situation has caused. Elements of Richo, God, America, Cuz, the draft, player development, mod bashing, in fighting, Bling, confused posters....

ToOheys, you're gonna get the Thread of the Year title my a mile! :rofl

rosy23 said:
I'll use Baloo's recent post about the poll as one example of a comment of yours that isn't logical. I'll use your ridiculous, and baseless, claims about me blaming Ben Cousins, which I haven't done, as an inability to stick to facts.

Even though most of the NO voters have mentioned the same reason I have as to why we shouldn't give Cuz away??

FFS !!

242 people voted 'no'. I reckon maybe 25 have posted anything at all on this thread.

Disco08 said:
That's not part of the hypothetical though is it? FWIW, if I'd already picked up a second rounder for Bowden I'd still be just as keen to get one for Cousins.

99.9% of people in Galileo's day thought the universe revolved around the Earth.

7 minutes to respond ... Can you give me a % as to how many thought the earth was square? ;)

btoz_01 said:
7 minutes to respond ... Can you give me a % as to how many thought the earth was square? ;)

I'll raise you a Wallace for coach camp that you were in. Fat lot of good that majority did us.

Disco08 said:
85% of Americans believe Jesus is the Son of God. I guess that must be inarguable as well then?

Lol, the Christianity threads lives!!

89% of Richmond fans can see that what Cousins gives to the club is of greater value than even a second rounder. Continually depreciating peoples intelligence and understanding of the game does you no credit, Duckman.

Whilst Disco08 is off getting the % as to how many thought the earth was square. 8)
Its now 89.1% against trading Cuz :clap :clap :clap

Djevv said:

89% of Richmond fans can see that what Cousins gives to the club is of greater value than even a second rounder. Continually depreciating peoples intelligence and understanding of the game does you no credit, Duckman.

Exactly right. Otherwise why give him away??

Geez what a 'lack of logic' that is...........

Interesting to read people's opinion in trading Cousin's.

I'll be interested to hear opinions from Cameron, March, the leadership & playing group on their thoughts on trading the best player that was going around in this country several years ago.

Maybe someone can ask this question at the next club80, or even email Gary March.

TigerForce said:
I wonder why it seems to be a regular on here.

Interesting you notice that.  I thought I must have been imaging it.

rosy23 said:
Interesting you notice that. I thought I must have been imaging it.

As I've answered your question, why don't you answer my question on reply# 517?

Have you read my reply (and Djevv's) on this 'lack of logic' on why 89% voted NO?

Djevv said:

I'm doing nothing of the sort Djevv. The simple fact of the matter is people can have an opinion on whether or not Cousins' influence on the team is more important than a second round pick but there is no way to actually 'see' this, especially given it's something that's yet to occur. All I'm trying to point out is that the majority opinion can't be used to prove a point either way. How's that's disrespectful to the majority I'm not sure.

btoz_01 said:

Sorry, but if you think I'm going to play silly little games with you, you're sadly mistaken.

[quote author=btoz_01's signature]
89.1% want Cuz to stay and play for us :clap :clap :clap
[/quote]

81.8%
wanted Wallet to coach us over Eade.

TigerForce said:
As I've answered your question, why don't you answer my question on reply# 517?

Have you read my reply (and Djevv's) on this 'lack of logic' on why 89% voted NO?

I missed it but just read back.  I don't get your question.  My comment mentioned "I think" not FACT.  I certainly didn't attribute comments or opinions to someone that they didn't make.  

At least, unlike you, and from memory rockstar and scoop,  Djevv apologised for attributing things to me that I didn't say when he was unable to post any evidence when requested.  

Not sure if I've read the replies you refer to.  Not that interested.  I read the accusations of djevv's that you quoted about Disco discrediting people's intelligence and understanding of the game and wonder where he plucked that from considering all of the other comments on this thread.  

Disco08 said:

81.8%
wanted Wallet to coach us over Eade.

Im amazed with your ability to quote poll results (Jesus, Galileo and now Wally) but the is the earth square or round question proved too difficult??

Disco08 said:
I'm doing nothing of the sort Djevv. The simple fact of the matter is people can have an opinion on whether or not Cousins' influence on the team is more important than a second round pick but there is no way to actually 'see' this, especially given it's something that's yet to occur. All I'm trying to point out is that the majority opinion can't be used to prove a point either way. How's that's disrespectful to the majority I'm not sure.

Surely the point of the poll is which is of greater value to the club? Most avid Richmond supporters voted no and like me perhaps they felt they had good reason to. You cannot assume that supporters don't understand the value of a second rounder simply because they disagree with you. I simply believe the leadership qualities which he exhibits coupled with his playing ability is of more value. I also think that to say the mids have learnt all they can from him in 8 months is drawing a very long bow. How many apprenticeships last only 1 year?

I agree the poll proves nothing about which is the better option. I'm not even sure such a thing is provable, its all just opinion and a hypothetical scenario. At the end of the day only CCs opinion counts.