Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rosy23 said:
Not one word of "blame" there at all TF.

I take it as an indirect blame, but I think it's best not to continue arguing over technicalities Rosy.

I've given my opinion about this hypothetical question. I, and 89% of voters, hear, read and see Cuz being a benefit for our kids in the same way a great captain (Voss, Buckley, Carey) would be on-field and off-field.

If a chance of 2nd round pick up was offered, I'd trade other players which aren't necessary to us instead of Cuz, so a trade would be made and we would have that extra pick (as the YES voters want most).

I'll be looking forward to the upcoming pre-season to see how Cuz and the boys all train together under a new coach.

TigerForce said:
I've given my opinion about this hypothetical question. I, and 89% of voters, hear, read and see Cuz being a benefit for our kids in the same way a great captain (Voss, Buckley, Carey) would be on-field and off-field.

You wanted an example, well there is one. Ridiculous statement. 89% of voters have voted not to trade him for a 2nd rounder. That's all we know. To assert that 89% all think he is a benefit like a Voss, Buck or carey would be is a ridiculous statement.

Tigers of Old said:
Probably. Might even have landed us a couple of priority picks and we wouldn't even be having this discussion but that's for another thread. ;)
ah thats the downside of taking a cousins whos only around for a yr or 2. no cousins and the pp is likely to still be a reality.

we chose cousins over nahas a mere rookie pick. whats better for us long term nahas or cousins. its the same with a 2nd rnd pick.
when taking into consideration where the list is at it would be utter madness not to take the 2nd rounder.

the obvious scenario is the mcmahon situation. trade the 2nd rounder for him a 24 yr old not 32 or keep it and draft selwood or ward or my option pears. wb saw the value in trading a player for a very valuable pick why cant we.

i agree its understandable to believe no one would offer up a 2nd rnd pick for a 32 yr old midfielder. but its unbelievable that people would not take it if it was to be offered. its why i say have we learnt nothing.

and i agree with rosmerta who can tell exactly what influence cousins is having on our kids.

and yeah it could go pear shaped. we could trade cousins and stuff the pick up in the draft. but i have to say if we dont have the confidence to properly utilise a second rnd pick we could have 10 ben cousins but it wont do us any good in the long term. its not the ben cousins of this world who will take us to a premiership its primarily our picks in the front half of the nd.

TigerForce said:
I take it as an indirect blame, but I think it's best not to continue arguing over technicalities Rosy.

You obviously take it as you want to rather than considering what was actually said TF.  Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.   :hihi

There is no basis to any claims of me laying blame but I'll leave you to it considering your assumptions, inaccurate claims, lack of logic and inability to stick to facts in the discussion.  

The silent majority has voted and its still at 89% against Cuz being traded for a 2nd rounder.;D 8)
Lets see if we can get more pages for this thread than the Tambling thread. :hihi

rosy23 said:
You obviously take it as you want to rather than considering what was actually said TF. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. :hihi

There is no basis to any claims of me laying blame but I'll leave you to it considering your assumptions, inaccurate claims, lack of logic and inability to stick to facts in the discussion.

Yes it's my assumption just like an opinion and can I ask you now what my lack of logic and inability to stick to facts are ?

Baloo said:
You wanted an example, well there is one. Ridiculous statement. 89% of voters have voted not to trade him for a 2nd rounder. That's all we know. To assert that 89% all think he is a benefit like a Voss, Buck or carey would be is a ridiculous statement.

Ok I probably should re-phrase what I meant but some or most NO voters have given the virtually the same reasons I have.

btoz_01 said:
The silent majority has voted and its still at 89% against Cuz being traded for a 2nd rounder.;D 8)
Lets see if we can get more pages for this thread than the Tambling thread. :hihi

My biggest regret in this poll is that I didn't allow folks to change their vote.
A week is a long time in football.

Tigers of Old said:
My biggest regret in this poll is that I didn't allow folks to change their vote.
A week is a long time in football.

Why would they change their vote?

TigerForce said:
"Fact is we haven't rocketed up the ladder"....seems more related to Cuz's influence than about our coaches' performance.

Please. How can you construe that as blaming him for the team's performance? Do you understand the difference between not making an impact and being responsible for the entire team's downfalls?

btoz_01 said:

85% of Americans believe Jesus is the Son of God. I guess that must be inarguable as well then?

Disco08 said:
85% of Americans believe Jesus is the Son of God. I guess that must be inarguable as well then?

Do you think wed get him with a 2nd rounder? ;)

TigerForce said:
what my lack of logic and inability to stick to facts are ?

I'll use Baloo's recent post about the poll as one example of a comment of yours that isn't logical. I'll use your ridiculous, and baseless, claims about me blaming Ben Cousins, which I haven't done, as an inability to stick to facts.

btoz_01 said:
Do you think wed get him with a 2nd rounder? ;)

Not convinced your poll results don't prove anything about the argument yet? Want some more examples?

rosy23 said:
Do I think Ben has some influence? Yeah probably, as do many people involved at the club. Fact is we haven't rocketed up the ladder. We've had a few wins against mostly ordinary teams, and the change of coach influence can't be dismissed there either. He hasn't been getting best on ground votes too often despite claims he's in his prime. Our fitness, which he's said to have a great influence on, is still being questioned.

Rosy, explain what you mean by that statement. What's your 'fact' actually based on?

You mention that Ben has some influence, just like other 'people' at the club. "Fact that we haven't 'rocketed' up the ladder" to me sounds as if Cousins was supposed to be a bigger influence in us winning a lot of games (rocketed) but hasn't, and you also mention he wasn't getting BOG votes. A player who performs well in a game doesn't always get BOG votes.

Disco08 said:
Not convinced your poll results don't prove anything about the argument yet? Want some more examples?

Yeah go for it lets see how long it takes you to respond.
The time starts now. ;)

Disco08 said:

I understand what you mean Disco08, have I stated in any post that YES voters were wrong in what they said?

For the sake of a debate I just put my point forward and if I wanted a 2nd round pick, I'd rather trade other players not Cuz.

Is it too hard for some to understand?