Trading Cousins? - Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading Cousins? - Poll.

Would you trade Cousins for a 2nd round draft pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry, but as if any club would give anything at all for a 35 year old that spent most of this year out with a recurring hamstring injury. The same goes for Brown. His best is clearly behind him and his value is at an all time low.

rosy23 said:
Which few clubs do "the football world" know want Richo at 35 and how do they know it?

Contenders for a flag such Saints, Bulldogs, Pies, Adelaide, Lions. I still hear other supporters wishing they had him in their club.

He might be old but he's still fit enough to play a full season, otherwise if we just judge his 2009 season we might as well retire him.

Sorry boys (and girl) footy is not reducable just a numbers game. Benny has been fantastic for the club and hopefully will continue to be so for a few years yet!

Djevv said:
Sorry boys (and girl) footy is not reducable just a numbers game. Benny has been fantastic for the club and hopefully will continue to be so for a few years yet!

Are you referring to me, I'm not sure of any other girls posting on here,  and if so why do you need to apologise and tell me that? 

TigerForce said:
Contenders for a flag such Saints, Bulldogs, Pies, Adelaide, Lions. I still hear other supporters wishing they had him in their club.

So in other words there's not a real lot of substance to your claims? :hihi

Disco08 said:
What do they say?

As I've said elsewhere you don't need to look too hard to find instances where a majority was severely wrong in retrospect. The 2005 (?) RFC board elections are a good, recent and close to home example.

When you get 89% or more in favour of trading Cuz I will then respond. ;)

So you think that every time there's a majority opinion that opinion has to be right? I'm happy to discuss the pros and cons of the hypothetical situation we're talking about but basing any argument on how many people believe is just wrong and easily disproved.

They should be signing this bloke up for at least another yr maybe 2 and then signing him on for some sort of coaching role....we need more of his types around this group....they demand success.

rosy23 said:
So in other words there's not a real lot of substance to your claims? :hihi
I can't get confirmations from every coach in the AFL but, generally speaking, I'm sure that clubs would be interested in him if we offered a trade. They showed interest in him when Frawley dropped him to the 2nds and hearing from other supporters, they still think he'd be a valuable asset in their club (Richo instead of Fev, Richo instead of Rocca). It's only from supporters but they (like us) can sense what type of players their club needs at certain times.

If Richo's fit enough to play a full season again and those (contenders for flag) clubs wanted that extra advantage in their club we can all assume they would take him.

Why judge him on just the 2009 season considering he nearly won the Brownlow in 2008?

If others say Richo's done and dusted, then why the hell should WE be stupid enough to keep him?

Because we don't have to pay a second rounder to have him on our list and we already have plenty of players either retiring or not up to it to get rid of this year.

claw has been determined to stay out of this thread and in principal i will stay away from the topic. but i have to say it is patently clear that so many have learnt very little over the last 27 yrs.

Why don't you want to join this discussion claw? It's been a good one for the most part. I especially like the fact that people who generally agree on everything are finding something they don't see eye to eye on.

Can you at least tell us what you voted?

the claw said:
claw has been determined to stay out of this thread and in principal i will stay away from the topic. but i have to say it is patently clear that so many have learnt very little over the last 27 yrs.

Come on claw you have clearly stated in the past that we have lacked senior players that can lead on field by example, who show leadership, who do the 1%, etc. Now that we have one you want him gone (I am assuming that is how you feel considering your comment ;D).

the claw said:
claw we can't live on speculative picks forever.

If we get a rare chance like this (Cuz's input), we should use it to full advantage. If a club offered a 2nd round pick, we should have the brains to negotiate an agreement to take 'other' players equal to the value of Cuz.

Is Cuz the only player in our team worth a 2nd round pick?

If we're rebuilding I'd take as many second round picks as other clubs were willing to trade for.

rosy23 said:
Are you referring to me, I'm not sure of any other girls posting on here, and if so why do you need to apologise and tell me that?

That seems to me to be what you and others are saying, trade Ben for an extra ticket in the lottery, I (and many others) are saying there is more to it than that - what Ben brings to RFC is more valuable than even a second rounder! No apologising, just a figure of speech.