Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

What is holding the Rioli deal up?
1) are Gold Coast waiting for their megga deal to go through first now that it is back on?
2) Are the GC going to renege and use 23 as part of megga deal?
3) Are we waiting on the Shai deal?
4) Surely we aren't haggling on the couple of late picks we give up in return on Rioli deal?
5) the fax machine is broken.

Get the Rioli deal done and then I'm happy to play hardball on Shai and keep him to his contract if we don't get 10 & 11.
Like to see the Dan deal done. Commitments have been made and can’t see the GC mafia walking away from that.

While Freo is mucking us about maybe there is an opportunity to squeeze a little harder.
I’d amend our offer to include our future 2nd for their pick 18.
Freo are looking for future picks and there are some very good talls who will still be around, and one or two who I would like to see on our list.

Or happy to see us walk away.

11 14 20 are overs
I'd only trade up if we get 10/11 for Bolton.

6 + 11 should do it if we get both for Bolton

1, 2, 10/11 (whichever is left), 14, 20, 23, 24 is an outrageous hand.

Trade put 20-24 for future firsts, take 1, 2, 10, 14 in this draft.

I was just throwing it out there. But after doing as small amount of research, i think we need to keep pick 6 to use on one of the tall forwards expecting to go top 10.

Reactions: 1 users
Points are only useful if you need points. It's not a metric for ordinary trading.

Pick 1 is worth 3,000 points. Pick 20, 25, 26 & 27 is worth 3,100pts but we'd laugh another club out of the room if they offered us that.
of course, just thinking/wishing out loud.

At least Gold Coast has retained pick 23 that should be destined to us? after megga deal

Reactions: 3 users
Got it.

When the deal is good all he has done is sit on his arse but when the deal is bad we criticise him for sitting on his arse.

Glad that’s clear now
My favourite lines here on PRE in recent days is some people saying despite Hartley overseeing our list for over decade, in a multiple roles, he has somehow had nothing to do with the list that won 3 premierships. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 10 users
At least Gold Coast has retained pick 23 that should be destined to us? after megga deal
You’d hope so. Pick 6 and the last pick of round 1.
Plus we still have the first pick of round 2
P 10,11 and 30 for Bolton.

I’m now ringing Blair…..focus and don’t be a *smile* patsy will be the message

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The problem for us is that GC now only have 6, 23, 39, 41. If they give us 6 and 23 that leaves them with only 858 points with picks 39 and 41 to match a bid for LL which they will need about 1,200 points (after discount) if a bid comes in at 8/9. Also they have no other picks for the draft. This trade decreased our chances of 6 and 23.

Reactions: 2 users