Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

AFL will be wanting trades to go to
The deadline wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton and Houston trades will be on hold for the theatrics

Reactions: 1 user
i want to hear how we can get pick 2. come on you super brains tell us

offer Norf picks 11, 14, 20 and 51 (points = 3,661)
to receive 2 and 25 (points = 3,273).

North are unlikely to accept this as they will likely want pick 6 involved. But you get the jist.

But if we get picks 10 and 11 off Freo, I would offer those as well... and chuck in pick 51 as steak knives in the knowledge we won't use it and they likely would.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

North are unlikely to accept this as they will likely want pick 6 involved. But you get the jist.

But if we get picks 10 and 11 off Freo, I would offer those as well... and chuck in pick 51 as steak knives in the knowledge we won't use it and they likely would.
We need to rebuild a list, not just get 2 mids.

I'm not giving up that many picks with Tassie 2 drafts away.

Reactions: 8 users
What is holding the Rioli deal up?
1) are Gold Coast waiting for their megga deal to go through first now that it is back on?
2) Are the GC going to renege and use 23 as part of megga deal?
3) Are we waiting on the Shai deal?
4) Surely we aren't haggling on the couple of late picks we give up in return on Rioli deal?
5) the fax machine is broken.

Get the Rioli deal done and then I'm happy to play hardball on Shai and keep him to his contract if we don't get 10 & 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

11 14 20 are overs
I'd only trade up if we get 10/11 for Bolton.

6 + 11 should do it if we get both for Bolton

1, 2, 10/11 (whichever is left), 14, 20, 23, 24 is an outrageous hand.

Trade put 20-24 for future firsts, take 1, 2, 10, 14 in this draft.

• Haha
Let's say that FOS is the prize at #2. For RFC and for the Brownbaggers. And perhaps Melbourne.

As it stands Carlscum will get him at #3. Because NMFC will take Tauru. But Melbourne may trade into #2 because it is compatible with a Tauru bid by NMFC at #5. At this stage only NMFC and MFC profile for Tauru.

If Carl-you-seeyou-scum want FOS they may have to trade up to #2 to keep Taylor out. Pick #3 guarantees Tauru to NMFC.

If Thursfield is wedded to Tauru and he may be willing to take a only small incentive to trade down to #3. Tauru + something is better than Tauru + nothing.

It gets very complicated (IKR?) if NMFC subsequently tries to trade down to Adelaide's #4, in terms of possibilities and wins. Can't happen IMO.

That's how these picks work atm. To get #2 at this stage you would probably need #3. Or the power to guarantee Tauru to Norfs. Taylor's power as it stands.

RFC needs #3 to get #2 if these scenarios play out. This could very well remain in play until draft night.
i want to hear how we can get pick 2. come on you super brains tell us
There are super brains who get paid to do this #4. And they are making it hard for each other not just for us. We have to wait and watch while it does our heads in.

1) are Gold Coast waiting for their megga deal to go through first?
4) Surely we aren't haggling on the couple of late picks we get back in return?

Get the Rioli deal done and then I'm happy to play hardball on Shai and keep him to his contract if we don't get 10 & 11.
must be the fax machine

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
4) Surely we aren't haggling on the couple of late picks we give up in return on y Rioli deal?

The Huns are still in the make-up room before they hit the stage.

4) Surely we aren't haggling on the couple of late picks we give up in return on y Rioli deal?

Maybe waiting on Riloi to get a 30+ pick in the Bolton deal to include in the Rioli deal. Only guessing

1) are Gold Coast waiting for their megga deal to go through first now that it is back on?

It all hinges on Rory Atkins.

:banana

• Haha
Thanks were you happy with the Baker deal? I'm ecstatic with it and can't believe WCE gave up their pick 3. Clarke paying us back. lol
Yes even though a couple of posters were willing to take P18 or lower. You know those some of the same posters who think Blair built our premiership list and think if anyone criticises him is a moron. :giggle:
But no, very good result and good work by Blair. Once I was able to have a chat with him and get him focussed again.

He did say that pick swap with Brisbane was because he was a bit toey with all the deals to be done.
Which is understandable, I said to him. “But don’t *smile* repeat it”

He has strapped his sherrifs badge on, hoisted his dacks and went and brutalised WC

Next pooncey boys at GC and Freo.
He hinted to me that the deals are actually done. But the afl want to string it out until tomorrow.
Blair told them he’ll think about it.
He said Laura Kane sticks her beak in all the time. He was trying to order a counter lunch and a beer, so he told her to run out into the kitchen to fetch his schnitzel and chips while he coolly licked the froth off his pint.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Ah they know who they are. No need to rub it in.

I will say though, because it's a fan site, we can often be very accepting of things, or make a lot of allowances for Richmond when often we shouldn't. It's ok to not just want the best for Richmond, but also get the best FROM Richmond. Big difference.

18 from Freo would have been *smile*. A full 4 spots backwards. Terrible.

Anyway, unlike some, Blair has got the standard value most of us were expecting all along for Baker, so it's onwards and upwards from here.

Let's get commensurate value for Bolton now as well.
You called it Redford, the market spoke and pick 14 it is.

Chapeau

I think they are holding out because they want to keep a pick which will beat West Coasts potential to bid on Allan.

Ultimately they will agree to 10 and 11 but while they are still mucking us around there is space for a further squeeze. Like to see us finish up with 10, 11 and 18 for Shai and maybe our future 2nd.
With Freo looking for future picks not too over the top! Happy to see us walk away if they refuse.

11 14 20 are overs
I'd only trade up if we get 10/11 for Bolton.

6 + 11 should do it if we get both for Bolton

1, 2, 10/11 (whichever is left), 14, 20, 23, 24 is an outrageous hand.

Trade put 20-24 for future firsts, take 1, 2, 10, 14 in this draft.
4 not enough. 6 optimal imho.