Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

To put the Baker trade in perspective. We'll get more than the Dogs will get for a similarly contracted Bailey Smith.

We love Bakes, but Smith is the better footballer - plus a full 3 years younger.

100% this is great work from Blair.

This is why the door was left open for Baker

The trade partners for Baker where always going to be much more accommodating than the trade partner for Smith

Crucial difference

Reactions: 3 users
Whilst the above is true. Geelong have the Dogs over a barrel.

The dogs will either have to accept Geelongs first or they'll walk him to the nat draft.

Smith won't talk to any other clubs to get a gauge of his mental state or do a physical to get his knee checked out. And given his mental/physical history no-one else will take him.

And Geelong know it.
Would we take him in the Nat Draft with pick 1??

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Beginning to put some nice numbers together now.

Will be 1,6,10,11,14,20,23,24 pretty soon.

Giddy up Toce you big walrus you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I think that 14 is a very good deal for an out of contract Bakes.

It's a great deal for Carlton, but horrible for the Eagles. The Hawthorn move to trade out the pick they would
have got for Barrass clearly caught them out and they had to pay overs to get Bakes.

Pick three would have possible got Jagga to pair with Harley Reid.

Reactions: 4 users
Beginning to put some nice numbers together now.

Will be 1,6,10,11,14,20,23,24 pretty soon.

Giddy up Toce you big walrus you.
Yep always said Yze standing with 7 new draftees for photo shoot on night 1, then night 2 we take the first pick and everyone to the pub.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep always said Yze standing with 7 new draftees for photo shoot on night 1, then night 2 we take the first pick and everyone to the pub.
Will O'Rourke do a barbie just like good ol' Clint did in 2004 with Wallace?

Better bring a wide angle lens with that many picks on stage.

Fancy your first draft at a new club with those picks & the quality of the draft !
He's probably not that comfortable with it. Big pressure. He's gonna be under the gun more than any other National Recruiting Manager has ever been in their 1st year at a club. Career defining in some respects, I guess.