Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Apparently trade is now official.

Carlton got 3 63 and 68.
WC got owies, Baker, 12 etc
We got 14.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I posted a few pages back that Cal Twomey stated that Carlton offered 12 & 14 for pick 2. Seems unders for mine but with the Carlton WC deal a market price has been set.

If Richmond could get pick 2 without involving pick 6 would be very interesting.

Callum Twomey
https://x.com/CalTwomey
@CalTwomey

Blues put the same offer of picks 12 and 14 to North Melbourne for pick 2. That was when the Roos looked in the race for Dan Houston, before they fell out of the race before being now back in the race
Would be good but North have been in the record saying they would only be willing to slide out a couple of picks, 6 will be required, hopefully only with pick 20 and not 14.

Would be good but North have been in the record saying they would only be willing to slide out a couple of picks, 6 will be required, hopefully only with pick 20 and not 14.

North would obviously talk it up but West Coast have just set the market price for a high pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Title when he left Richmond was National Recruiting Manager. Even so, it’s looking increasingly like he’s been promoted beyond his level of incompetence for a second time. Most of us aren’t that lucky.

Disagree with that assessment. Has been an OK performer, but not one of the elite recruiters.
Been demonstrated before, has picked reasonable picks given the quality of the draft (very few players taken after our picks remain for Dow and RCD drafts).
Has done well with rookie picks as well.

Wait and see on new position, but if we keep benefiting from him at WC, long may he reign.

Reactions: 3 users
Hahaha

So Clarke was in the room with Hartley, Hartley "we really need a 1st for Bakes, we can't trade him without one, we'll send him to Freo".

Clarke - hang on I need Carlton to come in.

Carlton list management don't say a thing, push Clarke over the desk and pulls his pants down.

Clarke - "Wait, wait, are you going to provide any lube".
Carlton - "Nope"

I can't believe they had to give up later picks to provide Carlton more back in the trade.
This is horrible stuff from Clarke. Not a good way to start with your new club.

Maybe he's a Richmond plant in the market, if so, looking forward to getting Harley Reid next year for Pick 20. Come on down big Harley.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hahaha

So Clarke was in the room with Hartley, Hartley "we really need a 1st for Bakes, we can't trade him without one, we'll send him to Freo".

Carlton list management don't say a thing, push Clarke over the desk and pulls his pants down.

Carlton - "Nope"

I can't believe they had to give up later picks to provide Carlton more back in the trade.

Maybe he's a Richmond plant in the market, if so, looking forward to getting Harley Reid next year for Pick 20. Come on down big Harley.
Along with Mini, maybe yes. Biggest conspiracy in the Gestapo league......

Hahaha

Carlton - "Nope"

1 bit to add. Hartley wasn't in there alone. He was sat on Balme's knee, having his head patted, making sure we got a good deal.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Let’s take bsniff at 14 then trade him to Geelong next year for 2 first rounders just for *smile* and giggles

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Sure but they appear to want the Viking. They would only do a deal that ensures they get him and that isn’t pick 10.

It may not even be pick 6

Don't disagree with your thoughts, it's just that the market price has now been set and Carlton appear to have been in negotiations with North also with the 12 and 14 deal.

Who would now pay what would seem to be way overs compared to that Carton and West Coast deal in an even top end of the draft?

Reactions: 1 users