Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I'm almost certain we will be going for pick 2. Reckon we can't split who we should take at 1 and are desperate for both. I'll be very surprised if we do not have picks 1 & 2 come draft night

Reactions: 1 users
Thats not the part that worries me
Cartoon at 3 are putting heaps of pressure as to who we pick at 1
IMO one of the kids has not played to his full potential to slide and get picked by them
Ashcroft at 1. Tiges pick 2. #Lolnorf pick 3. Carlscum pick 4. If we're not smart enough to get the best kid available then that's on us. Carlscum have put everything into the Hail Mary shot with their one single early pick. Nothing we can do about it n not our responsibility.

Reactions: 2 users
GC want Atkins off their books. Rioli for 6, 13 and Atkins.

Atkins only has 1 year left on $400K. They'll live with that Harold. It wont be a salary dump for picks.

13 will get them huge influx of 2025 picks which they need. It won't be coming to us.

Atrocious is the one they want gone8 but havent publicly said it. Getting $1.8M over next two years.

If Port wait, reckon they'll get him cheap (but not like Bowes deal).

Reactions: 1 user
seems we don't want pick 3. We must have a clear top 2.
I am guessing the club is expecting another low finish next year, so will grab another top line mid then.
Its been stated by the media we aren't interested in sliding back to nab one of those picks, so think we want a high volume of the best 15 or 20.

Reactions: 3 users
Atkins only has 1 year left on $400K. They'll live with that Harold. It wont be a salary dump for picks.

13 will get them huge influx of 2025 picks which they need. It won't be coming to us.

Atrocious is the one they want gone8 but havent publicly said it. Getting $1.8M over next two years.

If Port wait, reckon they'll get him cheap (but not like Bowes deal).
2025 draft is stacked with Northern academy talent yet again... they're gonna need all the points they can get.

Blues get 3 for 12 and 14. If we want pick 2 from the roos pick 6 is not in that deal has to be 11 and 14 and I'm still hesitant to do it.
The Roos recruiter was interviewed at the start of trade week and said they would consider a small slide, 6 would have to be included or they wouldn't consider it.

I should have stated above, we aren't interested in sliding via West Coast it said in the media, nothing about North Melbourne. That would go with the FOS, Lalor rumours

Reactions: 1 users
I should have stated above, we aren't interested in sliding via West Coast it said in the media, nothing about North Melbourne. That would go with the FOS, Lalor rumours

Cal Twomey saying that Carlton offered 12 and 14 to North for pick 2 when North were in the running for Houston. Now that the Houston deal has fallen over then North may be interested again.

Richmond will have pick 10 (and 11?) and 14 so could make a play for 2 if desired.

Last edited:
It's 10 and 11, mate. Minimum. Reckon we're still trying to squeeze them for 10, 11, 18 (or 30).
Looking like this will go down to the last moment. If as reported WC now have 12, both clubs want Allan and and Freo will be reluctant to give up their advantage.

Cal Twomey saying that Carlton offered 12 and 14 to North for pick 2 when North were in the running for Houston. Now that the Houston deal has fallen over then North may be interested again.

Richmond will have pick 10 (or 11) and 14 so could make a play for 2 if desired.
Melbourne can trump us if they decide to do 5-9 for 2-25