Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Yes they were going to be traded one way or the other . God forbid some suggests it was not the greatest of deals and we lost out on that one.
But hey if i listen to people around here everything Blair touches is gold never a mistake there. Talk about a pack of sycophant's
Nope anyone who dares think other than what the hive think can gagf !!!! real intelligent and mature that.

The old claw is slowly rearing his head.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes they were going to be traded one way or the other . God forbid some suggests it was not the greatest of deals and we lost out on that one.
But hey if i listen to people around here everything Blair touches is gold never a mistake there. Talk about a pack of sycophant's
Nope anyone who dares think other than what the hive think can gagf !!!! real intelligent and mature that.
Nice melt.

As far as I can tell, youre never going to 'win them all' in every trade. The bulldogs got paid overs for daniels and unders for smith to make it an overall acceptable trade period for them. If we look at our trade period as a whole, the position it sets our club up in for the future, and what smaller amounts some in the media thought we would get for our star players, we have overall had an obvious victory here. Even look at Dan Houston, one of our deals could have gone south in that way (maybe baker as he was uncontracted) where the club didnt have the capital to front the deal and we had to accept less. But none did, we were adequately compensated. To fixate on one trade when the whole thing is kind of based on swings and roundabouts and big picture stuff, isnt what i see as productive - when coming out of a very successful trade period overall.

I love this delicious irony. There was no "outburst". Take a chill pill.

You are perfectly allowed a different opinion. But, in doing so, anyone else is allowed to challenge it. (Like you are challenging mine).

You've stated your opinion, I accept it's your opinion. What I've asked you to answer - factually - where the club got hurt by doing what it did? How else was the pick going to be used that we lost out on?

Because for all the axe grinding going on, I've yet to see one credible scenario that showed we lost out on anything, just a lot of coulda shoulda woulda stuff.

Folks were panicking we'd need 32 to get 23 for Rioli (we didn't). Folks were saying we'd need it to entice Freo to give us 10 and 11 for Bolton. That didn't happen. The other complaint was we'd have a bunch of junk picks when we could have saved 32 for ourselves. Wrong again. We have no other picks, and not enough list spots to use 32.

So, have an opinion, sure. But realise facts probably make that opinion look wrong.
Well for one thing if we had 32 we could have given Freo 32 and a future 3rd rather than swapping 14 for 18. If that had been possible then not having 32 did in fact hurt us. I don’t know it is, you don’t k ow it wasn’t so there you have one way not having 32 may have hurt us

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like Francis Jackson might be stepping in to run this draft for us.

The architect of our list for the winning era might get a rare chance to do it again in a single draft.
This is going to be fj,Blair,Late Chris Toce draft,more of a group consensus picked draft than before with basically 3 different head recruiters considering our picks.

Adding an irrelevant excuse shows you're desperate and the proof is he got rolled and that's proven as yes he did it. Stick to the facts please. Because it happened is no evidence on what you initially stated and still states it was a disgusting deal.
The only trade he did well was the Baker trade , but he was up against his side kick Clarke who was his partner in crime in running our list to the ground. lol That's proven bc it happened. :cool: ;) I've said my bit on it and am done as people like you continue to add irrelevant crap to the argument and avoiding the fact he got rolled.

FWIW this is the trade he should've done :

If you wanna stick to the most salient, relevant point, it's 32 for 20.

If you want to debate points value, you have to actually do it.

But I don't think you want to do either. I think you just want to sook.

I also think it's hilarious that 'because it happened is no evidence'.

We are in a sorry state when reality is not evidence.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
The points were the point of the trade for Brisbane because they're bidding on fs.

They're irrelevant for us.

Would you trade pick 1 for 32 and 50-68?

No? Why, it's a win of more than 600 points!

Because points do not equal value.
You’ve got it backwards. It’s been explained but people like to stay oblivious of the point being made.
It’s done. It’s over. Yet people want to continually bring it up.
There’s only one reason, they must be trying to convince themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yet you’re the one who keeps asking the same question. You previously admitted you were guilty of that and asked posters to let it go and refrain from bringing it up as it had been done to death.
And now “it’s disgusting posting”
Catch up old fella. Disgusting is the word of the week around here.

Notice the little winky smiley face? That's the hint not to take things too seriously.

Well for one thing if we had 32 we could have given Freo 32 and a future 3rd rather than swapping 14 for 18. If that had been possible then not having 32 did in fact hurt us. I don’t know it is, you don’t k ow it wasn’t so there you have one way not having 32 may have hurt us
But but, the points for 32 aren't as high as 18 - so using the points value logic, no that wouldn't have happened. Flaw in that argument.

My nanna might have been able to grab the Freo list manager by the ear and tell him he's a naughty stubborn boy may have helped too. But alas she's 6' underground, so we'll never know!

Had we kept 32 we wouldn't have 20.

That's all the discussion that needs to be had.
Why wouldn’t we? We had ample picks at the back end for the points Brisbane required. That’s the whole crux of the trade.
Anyway it’s been done. It’s over. Obviously some people don’t like others to have their opinion on a trade. Going by how long they want to keep criticising and asking why why why. When it’s been answered.
Maybe another half a dozen posters can ask the same thing today. Obviously they can’t read the other 500 times it’s been asked and answered.

Adding an irrelevant excuse shows you're desperate and the proof is he got rolled and that's proven as yes he did it. Stick to the facts please. Because it happened is no evidence on what you initially stated and still states it was a disgusting deal.
The only trade he did well was the Baker trade , but he was up against his side kick Clarke who was his partner in crime in running our list to the ground. lol That's proven bc it happened. :cool: ;) I've said my bit on it and am done as people like you continue to add irrelevant crap to the argument and avoiding the fact he got rolled.

FWIW this is the trade he should've done :

Fact 1-You can only trade for picks if you have the same list spots vacancies.Brisbane with 32 instead of extra late picks to make up for points,If that happened Brisbane would've had no choice but to delist someone they prefer too keep.
Fact 2-We were after more in the Rioli deal than just 6.If we gave up what you suggested then 32 would be Suns bound as we'd have no value for them with pick 60 & 69.
Fact 3-We were after 10 & 11.We achieved that.
Fact 4-As stated by Blair the aim was to move up the draft as much as possible.We did it and may not be over yet.
These are the Known facts.You can blow up about 32 all you want but the FACT remains it was never staying with us so 32 for 20 is a great deal.

• Dislike
Catch up old fella. Disgusting is the word of the week around here.
Obviously. So is moron. And telling other posters to ggf. ;)
Notice the little winky smiley face? That's the hint not to take things too seriously.
No I laugh at all the posters that keep asking the same question and getting the same answers. And then asking the same thing 10 times a day.:giggle: It would be amusing except it shows how slow they are and they lack comprehension skills.
Hopefully it’s brought up a dozen times again today :LOL:

I think it’s easy to see what happened.

Last year we expected to keep more players - say rioli and baker and maybe we expected to lose Bolton and graham.

We ended up with at least one more pick than we expected which ended up devaluing the picks we had as every other club knew we couldn’t use them all. Terrible negotiating position when everyone knows your BATNA is to throw the pick in the bin. If other clubs met their pick / point needs in other ways then as trade period progressed the picks we had would have further lost any leverage and/or been worthless.

(4 went out and 6 picks came in)

In a two year time frame it’s a bad outcome and meant we didn’t have that view of what could happen. In the end of the year exodus that happened I get it and was probably smart business.

But but, the points for 32 aren't as high as 18 - so using the points value logic, no that wouldn't have happened. Flaw in that argument.

My nanna might have been able to grab the Freo list manager by the ear and tell him he's a naughty stubborn boy may have helped too. But alas she's 6' underground, so we'll never know!
Not sure points were raised in the post but knock yourself out. It was not that 32 could have been used rather than a pick slide to achieve the same result, points obviously weren’t super important to Brisbane when they did a later trade withStKilda where points went backwards.

Fact 1-You can only trade for picks if you have the same list spots vacancies.Brisbane with 32 instead of extra late picks to make up for points,If that happened Brisbane would've had no choice but to delist someone they prefer too keep.
Fact 1. False
It doesn’t matter until list lodgements dates and there are 3 of them.
List positions don’t matter until draft night.
So that fact holds no water, it’s wrong.
Fact 2-We were after more in the Rioli deal than just 6.If we gave up what you suggested then 32 would be Suns bound as we'd have no value for them with pick 60 & 69.
The Rioli deal hadn’t been done. We didn’t know what we were getting until the last day.
This was the first trade we did. What do you mean those picks wouldn’t have any value? It’s the same scenario as the original trade. Just hand them over for the Suns to use as points.
Brisbane traded that pick 32 out quick enough. That shows how important it was to them.
Fact 3-We were after 10 & 11.We achieved that.
Nothing to do with the first trade. How do you know they were the picks we were after? Because it was posted on PRE that’s what we should get? Blair never made that public.
Going by that, PRE expected p6 and p13 for Rioli. We didn’t achieve that
Fact 4-As stated by Blair the aim was to move up the draft as much as possible.We did it and may not be over yet.
Your Fact 4 isn’t true. It was to use the late picks for points to trade up. That’s what they were accrued for. Before anyone had any idea that Baker, Bolton, Rioli would seek to be traded. They were accrued 12 months before.
And no it wasn’t Blair’s aim to move up the draft as much as possible. Otherwise we would or will trade those late first round picks to get higher picks. The aim was to accuse as many high picks as possible . Not to condense ALL of them. He’s even stated that
These are the Known facts.You can blow up about 32 all you want but the FACT remains it was never staying with us so 32 for 20 is a great deal.
They aren’t known facts. They’re your opinions you’ve dressed up as facts.
You miss the whole point yet again, like all the posters defending that trade.
It wasn’t just p32 was it? We must have all missed the other picks involved. Which is the whole point of the criticism. Use the latter picks to equate to the picks and save p32 for another deal to be done. But you know this.

• Love
Not sure points were raised in the post but knock yourself out. It was not that 32 could have been used rather than a pick slide to achieve the same result, points obviously weren’t super important to Brisbane when they did a later trade withStKilda where points went backwards.
The whole argument of not giving 32 is because it was unnecessary to hand over that many points to Brisbane. It's intertwined.
The whole point of trading with Brisbane was because they needed points to get their father-son/academy picks.

Baker didn’t.
Whether it’s a deliberate ploy or a coincidence, I’m happy it happened.
But I believe it was just a major change of circumstances that dictated a change of mind. For Bolton, one youngster, nearly 18 months old, another baby on the way. He signed in Dec 2022
With Rioli, his fiance (dj and tik tok influencer Paris Lawrence) who wanted a move to Queensland, Hardwick getting in his ear. There was no knowledge when Rioli signed his contract Aug 2022. I believe he was keen then to see out his contract.
So I don’t believe it was a strategy to re-sign either to long term contracts with the aim of trading them.
I believe the club and the players negotiated in goodwill but circumstances changed for the players.
I wasn’t suggesting that’s what we did only that going forward clubs might try to sign their stars to long term contracts to protect themselves.

The whole argument of not giving 32 is because it was unnecessary to hand over that many points to Brisbane. It's intertwined.
The whole point of trading with Brisbane was because they needed points to get their father-son/academy picks.
Yes and there were many ways of giving them those points which did not include pick 31 we had plenty of later picks we could use instead and keep 32 in a deep draft which . Anyways it’s done now, I recall people were defending the trade for 20 based on scenarios that didn’t play out