Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Well for one thing if we had 32 we could have given Freo 32 and a future 3rd rather than swapping 14 for 18. If that had been possible then not having 32 did in fact hurt us. I don’t know it is, you don’t k ow it wasn’t so there you have one way not having 32 may have hurt us
was going to reply but deleted. Not worth the angst !!

Reactions: 1 user
In all the history of AFL trading and drafting, how many times has a list manager successfully traded for SIX additional first round picks during one trade week?
No I doubt any club lost 3 of its best players either
The GWS and GC guys have probably done a couple or maybe even three at one time, esp GWS who are pretty good at identifying guys who they used early picks on and aren’t going to make it and often have to deal with homesick players. Occasionally, their academy kids have given them an extra couple of first round picks on draft night. I may be wrong but I can’t remember anyone trading for six extra first rounders in one hit.
See above
Hartley didn’t end up with a first and a second and a steak knives player on any of his deals.
No, they were traded out.
That is the usual result, given that every team is given ONE first round pick each year. The strategy was planned last year with the repeated slide backs for extra mid range picks. Teams with extra picks were targeted, players were consulted and assisted in getting where they wanted to go.
Yes I agree, I actually mentioned the planning that went into getting those picks and the good fortune that Soldo wanted to leave. That helped.
But not knowing, this time last year, that 3 of our best and another FA we’re leaving wasn’t part of any planning.
It was only a recent development mid this year or later that there was some inkling.
Contrast the Houston deal. Port are unhappy because they didn’t get two first round picks, the player is not where he wanted to go and the receiving has no picks for two years.
Completely different circumstances. Port got this years first and a player they would have had to pay a first for who they wanted.
The players choice where he ended up. He could have said no.
This is has been a Bradmanesque performance.
Of his last innings?
We lost 3 of our best players. Blair didn’t get those picks for nothing. We had to give up a fair bit in return.
Some, including those with some draft sense already predicted the approximate value of those players. So it wasn’t as if it came as a surprise.

Blair did well with the return for Rioli. Average at best for Bolton. Decent for Baker.
None of the returns were overs for any of them.

• Love
You logic is too simple . What happened to all the other picks including a F3? You are not looking at individual trades and the only trade Blair won on was the Baker trade. He then blew it on the Bolton trade.
Because it is that simple.
F3 not sure i'll lose any sleep over pick 60 next year.lol
Didn't lose out on the Bolton trade.We got what we were after with 10 & 11
18 for Bakes is fair considering he was Uncontracted.
32 for 20 likewise.
Imagine if Blair folded on every trade
1/6/10/18/32
Then you have a case on Blair screwing up.
End of the day we got what we were after.

• Haha
Nope.

Freo were very reluctant to move from 11 to 14 and they certainly wouldn’t have agreed to moving to 32

They were adamant they would be left with a good 1st round pick
So the reality is we didn’t get p10, 11 and 18 just for Bolton.
We have Bolton, picks 14 and 37 (2025) for those picks.
Picks 14 and f37 cancels out p10. In essence we got 11 and 18 (add in how far back they slide) for Bolton. Hardly overs. If that’s bradmanesque..I’d hate to see a Phil Tufnell performance. ;):LOL:

• Haha
You are one of the main culprits who keep bringing it up ;)
We only reply when the question is asked…again and again and again. Just too be accomodating.
“ Spend the next week?”. You’re slow mate, we’d already moved ages ago.
It’s just those types trying to justify their crying and whining that can’t let go about people who have a different opinion than them.
You watch…it will be asked again today, tomorrow…:giggle:
1. I was replying to your mate
2. You’ve moved on, but you're still here? :unsure:
3. No one has answered anything *factually*. Just responded with more opinion. The question asked was give facts. There's no evidence for the opposite opinion. Just coulda woulda shoulda.
4. Avagoodone! See you post the draft when the next round of RFC-should-have-drafted moaning will commence.

IT'S BEEN DONE TO DEATH. Stop going round in circles as you still are on first base that pick 32 got us pick 20. Absolute nonsense as there were 3 other picks involved which led to a net loss of pick 24.
Ok, so you like to pass off your opinion as fact, and fact as being unproven, thanks I got it now........... just glad I never had you negotiating me a pay rise.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
1. I was replying to your mate
No, you were asking the same question again
2. You’ve moved on, but you're still here? :unsure:
Of course I’m still here. If you reply or ask a question, I’m courteous enough to reply
3. No one has answered anything *factually*. Just responded with more opinion. The question asked was give facts. There's no evidence for the opposite opinion. Just coulda woulda shoulda.
And that is exactly the same as with yours and others positions. Just opinions. Not facts.
4. Avagoodone! See you post the draft when the next round of RFC-should-have-drafted moaning will commence.
Same to you. Depending on who we draft I bet there will be plenty more posting their opinions, moans and gripes who we missed out on.

Imagine if we draft Smillie at pick 1 and miss FOS, Jagga or Trainor. There will be some melts, probably the same ones who keep having a go at the discerning trade critiquers ;)

Ok, so you like to pass off your opinion as fact, and fact as being unproven, thanks I got it now........... just glad I never had you negotiating me a pay rise.
Don’t worry about him negotiating for you. I can just wear them out.
* edit* after talking with your boss, I agreed with him. You don’t deserve a pay rise. For the amount you do, you now owe him.
That’s not an opinion. It’s a fact :giggle:

• Love
Because it is that simple.
F3 not sure i'll lose any sleep over pick 60 next year.lol
Didn't lose out on the Bolton trade.We got what we were after with 10 & 11
18 for Bakes is fair considering he was Uncontracted.
32 for 20 likewise.
Imagine if Blair folded on every trade
1/6/10/18/32
Then you have a case on Blair screwing up.
End of the day we got what we were after.
No we've been through this ok and it's done to death now. You can't see the discrepancies and are hiding behind the end result which is lower than what most expected initially. We got reamed in two trades, won the Baker and broke even on Rioli. That's all you need to know.
Play spot the difference below. A F3 could be low 40's as we are likely to finish low again. We got what we got and and what you were after and not me as we went unders. I'm not imaging anything, but stating how poor two trades were , but one was affected bc of the very first trade .

AFL Draft Pick Value Calculator - Draftguru

AFL Draft Pick Value Calculator - Draftguru

IT'S BEEN DONE TO DEATH. Stop going round in circles as you still are on first base that pick 32 got us pick 20. Absolute nonsense as there were 3 other picks involved which led to a net loss of pick 24.
Dont worry, I just checked, and we still have pick 24. So I guess we lost nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Don’t worry about him negotiating for you. I can just wear them out.
* edit* after talking with your boss, I agreed with him. You don’t deserve a pay rise. For the amount you do, you now owe him.
That’s not an opinion. It’s a fact :giggle:
I am after appearance money, I never claimed to actually do anything!

• Haha
The whole argument of not giving 32 is because it was unnecessary to hand over that many points to Brisbane. It's intertwined.
The whole point of trading with Brisbane was because they needed points to get their father-son/academy picks.
Stupid n weird thing is that Brisvegas still don't have the needed points to get both their academy kids if they are bid on where expected. Ashcroft could easily get bid at pick 1 which Brisvegas could match for 2400 points and then have roughly 150 points left in the bank, which would require them to dig hard into next years points/picks if they needed to match Marshall inside pick 20.
Unless there's another club willing to hand Brisvegas a large handful of free points similar to what we already did during trade week, they'll come up short.

They couldn't have, but didn't. And those points were used to get Rioli, which Blair probably knew about. Anyone who thinks he just had a brain wave to hand over some late picks on the last day, I'd suggest are a tad naive.

The end result though, we're no worse off. The end result of the trade week is basically the same result. Just the journey we took to get there is different to what some folks would like, even they have no evidence that what they would have preferred would ever be accepted by Brisbane, Freo or Gold Coast. The folks wailing about the journey forget we ended up at the same destination, and have no evidence to the contrary.

If those types would like to spend the next week or two crying in their wheaties, fill ya boots. I'll be off dreaming about who our 8 in 24 can be turned into.
I am not sure anyone can say we are no worse off. Yes we were always going to trade those picks the whole point is whether we paid too much for pick 20. I think we ended up paying overs and that may have hurt us by cutting off other options. Others may disagree, that’s their right. I agree we had an ok trade period as we were fortunate the clubs who wanted our contracted players had draft capital this year. Had Melbourne gasped us for pick 10 as many on here suggest it would have been interesting to see if we could have used those picks to get pick 9 . We will never know. Similarly we will never know the data the recruiters are using on draft day. I hope the posters defending every decision during the trade week do the same and never question any of our draft picks but I doubt it.