Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

WTF Dont tell me WetCoke accepting 12 14 + Owies lol for 3? Theyve gone fing mad
Guessing Wet Coke happy to have some sort of combo of players and picks to go the rebuild. But at the end of the day, who gives a *smile* what Wet Coke do as long as we get the deal we want for our player.

Reactions: 3 users
lol at Clarke. Out of his depths as recruiting manager out of his depths as list manager.

WC fans will be fuming

Or Matty Clarke just had a horror first trade period in charge.
Looking like Hawforn trading out 14 has just totally mind *smile* Wet Coke n left them scrambling n gibbering.
No 14 n extras for Barearse.
No 14 for the on trade for Bakes.
Hoping the entire time to get a straight forward split for pick 3 to enable having good early picks while still doing their trades n it's all turned to *smile* while they were having a cuppa n laying out their plans with the new coach.
W.A. meedjia gunna b looking for someones arse to ream.

lol at Clarke. Out of his depths as recruiting manager out of his depths as list manager.

WC fans will be fumingthat

WC fans will be fuming
Yep.
Imagine if West Coast didn’t come knocking on his door.
He’d still be in charge of recruiting at Richmond.
We dodged a bullet.
That is a shocking trade for WC.

Would have been nice to get pick 3.
Carlton have done very nicely, unfortunately.

Reactions: 2 users
Looking like Hawforn trading out 14 has just totally mind *smile* Wet Coke n left them scrambling n gibbering.
No 14 n extras for Barearse.
No 14 for the on trade for Bakes.
Hoping the entire time to get a straight forward split for pick 3 to enable having good early picks while still doing their trades n it's all turned to *smile* while they were having a cuppa n laying out their plans with the new coach.
W.A. meedjia gunna b looking for someones arse to ream.

Yep. Could have kept 3 and got Bakes.

Now they have 12 and Bakes.

What a monumental stuff up.

Interesting that Carlton rate pick 3 yet we didn’t as we could have offered a better deal in the end eg 10 and bakes for 3.

Strange also that it appears weagles only priorities Allen and should still get him with a early teens pic - they must rate that kid

Good, pragmatic business by West Coast.

They get their man—Baker—and are still in the frame for a high quality local youngster at #12.

Not so sure Carlton fans should be dancing. From a deep pool, they would have drafted two high-quality players at #12 and #14 and spread the risk. Now it's a huge gamble that they land their target at pick #3. They don't have another pick until #69. Big, big risk.

I'm still confident the Kangas will split pick #2, potentially further complicating Carlton's chances of getting their target.

The interesting thing about the West Coast/Carlton trade is that it sets a new benchmark for the possible pick #2 split.

Suddenly, for example, picks #10 and #11 could be the basis of an offer that gets it done.

If obtaining pick #2 didn't involve us giving up pick #6, it'd be a tempting proposition.

I also wonder if the Blues aren't done yet.

Would they swap their new pick #3 plus a player for North's pick #2?

Reactions: 1 user
If we get all the picks as projected, I can absolutely still see us getting pick 2.

As long as we keep picks 10 and 11, using 6 and any other pick for pick 2 is a win in my eyes.

Reactions: 1 user
Dont think 6 is a great pick. Its over the line to the next rung.
Draper, Jags both gone. Tauru goes wherever North lands.

At 6 its the option of a slow tall mid (eg Langford, Smilie) or a footy smart outsider (Reid) or a bullatagate Travaglia.
All end up as hbf.
Or a tall speculation.

Trade 6. Get Jags
agree.

Reactions: 1 users