Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Fair dinkum this trade period is a joke. Been reading posts but not contributing. If AFL do this 10 odd days for headlines & getting people talking then I guess it works. But all the angst it causes and arguments between like minded supporters does not seem worth the cost.

We argue all the time anyway, it's the whole point of the forum

Reactions: 1 user
Got to give up something to get Lalor and FOS. That’s the only way to do it.

They could be our next Martin/Cotch combo.

Pick 10 still gets a good slider.

Yeah they could be - re: Dusty/Chimp.

But TBH neither FoS or Lalor have had anywhere near the junior careers that Chimp or Dusty had. Especially in Chimps case, not even close.

They both have more question marks than either Chimp or Dusty had at the time as well - they were both rolled gold genuine midfielders.

But can totally see why some are in love with Lalor.

What if due to injuries or poor body makeup by 2029/30 he hasn't developed an AFL midfielder level aerobic capacity? WHich is what we'd need to be prepared for.

And we've given up a Draper/Jagga/Tauru and Lindsay/Travaglia/Berry double.

It is a massive risk that Leysy wouldn't be willing to take.

Reactions: 10 users
Yeah they could be - re: Dusty/Chimp.

But TBH neither FoS or Lalor have had anywhere near the junior careers that Chimp or Dusty had. Especially in Chimps case, not even close.

They both have more question marks than either Chimp or Dusty had at the time as well - they were both rolled gold genuine midfielders.

But can totally see why some are in love with Lalor.

What if due to injuries or poor body makeup by 2029/30 he hasn't developed an AFL midfielder level aerobic capacity? WHich is what we'd need to be prepared for.

And we've given up a Draper/Jagga/Tauru and Lindsay/Travaglia/Berry double.

It is a massive risk that Leysy wouldn't be willing to take.
Without 2, are you taking Lalor at 1 ?

Reactions: 1 users
Nah FoS. Lalor at two. Was replying to Pot Smoker on trading 6 & 11 for 2 & 25 to get FoS and Lalor.

See Port have pulled out of the Houston/GC/Collingwood trade lol
Yeah I know. But on its own - without 2 - are you taking Lalor at 1 ?

With 1 and 2, why wouldn't you go FOS and Jagga instead of FOS and Lalor given the risk you point out ?

Suspect we'll only make a play for pick 3 only if North hangs onto 2 as we're most likely after fos and Lalor. If Melbourne or Carlton get 2 then sacrificing for 3 would have been a bad move. So many moving pieces
Might be able to do that on draft day if there's a miracle and say FOS, gets passed 2 and WC have 3. Why rush if we don't need to

With 1 and 2, why wouldn't you go FOS and Jagga instead of FOS and Lalor given the risk you point out ?
I don’t think you can take both, have to manage the risk.

I don’t think you can take both, have to manage the risk.
Yeah, me neither. That's why I say FOS-Jagga. Or, Jagga-Lalor maybe but gee, Lalor just still worries me that early.

He's the biggest risk by some margin between the three - even the top 5 for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, me neither. That's why I say FOS-Jagga. Or, Jagga-Lalor maybe but gee, Lalor just still worries me that early.

He's the biggest risk by some margin between the three - even the top 5 for me.
Without any clue on the juniors, if you took Fos, Lalor, what type of midfielder will be there at 11 or 14? Could they balance out the risk (eg Smillie or Langford)

Ask Smoked Out Joe what’s he done with our pick 14?
He’s lost another one our picks.
Better tell Blair to leave Smoked Out off the team and make he he doesn’t leave with our bucket of draft picks.
He’ll be picked up for littering, he’d be swinging the bucket around, there’d be draft picks falling .outta the bucket and blowin down the street.
You can imagine the other clubs running after them.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Without any clue on the juniors, if you took Fos, Lalor, what type of midfielder will be there at 11 or 14? Could they balance out the risk (eg Smillie or Langford)
Think they’ll both be gone by then. Langford definitely will be. Otherwise it’s Allan, Reid (who seems to have lost some sunlight lately), Travaglia, Lindsay types I suppose.

Yeah love the Jaggster as you know and would be inclined to take him at 2.

Even then just not sure would do the trade of 6 & 11. We've seen the value around that mark that Melbourne put on it to trade into 9 - A big price.

Just wouldn't want to completely lose one of those picks for one player.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah love the Jaggster as you know and would be inclined to take him at 2.

Even then just not sure would do the trade of 6 & 11. We've seen the value around that mark that Melbourne put on it to trade into 9 - A big price.

Just wouldn't want to completely lose one of those picks for one player.
Fair enough.