Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Yeah they could be - re: Dusty/Chimp.

But TBH neither FoS or Lalor have had anywhere near the junior careers that Chimp or Dusty had. Especially in Chimps case, not even close.

They both have more question marks than either Chimp or Dusty had at the time as well - they were both rolled gold genuine midfielders.

But can totally see why some are in love with Lalor.

What if due to injuries or poor body makeup by 2029/30 he hasn't developed an AFL midfielder level aerobic capacity? WHich is what we'd need to be prepared for.

And we've given up a Draper/Jagga/Tauru and Lindsay/Travaglia/Berry double.

It is a massive risk that Leysy wouldn't be willing to take.
It’s all a risk. Assuming we only have Pick 1 but what if we take FOS at 1 and Jagga becomes the next Daicos or Lalor the next Dusty? These are all calculated risks especially in this draft. One thing for sure this draft will be debated for many years to come.

Reactions: 5 users
Getting 25 back does mate it more palatable. we can use that into next year.

But 6 is a really great pick this year. We'll get an exceptional talent there.

One of Draper, Jagga, The Viking will be there. Or Langford for those that like him.

It lands in a great spot. Giving 11 away as well means is still a no.

But getting that 25 back does make it well worth considering Smokin Hash.
Dont think 6 is a great pick. Its over the line to the next rung.
Draper, Jags both gone. Tauru goes wherever North lands.

At 6 its the option of a slow tall mid (eg Langford, Smilie) or a footy smart outsider (Reid) or a bullatagate Travaglia.
All end up as hbf.
Or a tall speculation.

Trade 6. Get Jags

Reactions: 2 users
Why wouldn’t we upgrade 6 for 3 with other swaps later for baker. Will land us 2 of jagga lalor or FOS. That’s the top end talent we need.
Instead of only one of these and a Langford/reid.
Seems crazy we have a dolden opportunity
I know which double combo id prefer!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Cotchin (2), Martin (3), Riewoldt (13) Rance (18), Edwards (26)

Our previous building blocks were drafted within a 4-year window (2006-2009).

It's hard to imagine us coming close to the summit without Cotchin/Martin as the stars and Rance/Riewoldt as the bookends.

3 of those top 4 elite picks were in leadership positions for the premierships (Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance)

Hopefully we can find a handful of elite picks within a similar age range who display quality leadership skills. How hard could it be?

Reactions: 4 users
Fos
Lalor (or vice versa)
Smith
Draper
Tauru

Surely we have options here, and good ones.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t really understand the rules so hopefully someone can help me.
If there is a bid for Kako and then Essendon use the picks they got from Melbourne to match it, can they then trade back into the draft by using their future picks on draft day?
If they could they may want to as one example.
Sydney ?
But you are right, there aren’t many
All possible.

If the Eagles agree to this then matty Clarke should be sacked !
Why wouldn't they deal with us for baker and pick 10 in exchange for pick 3 ??????
Because it was never offered. Been said time and time again Blair didn’t want to slide back. And the club has never come out and said we want to trade up. It’s just fans fantasy. Club wants as many top 25 picks as we can get imo

Reactions: 5 users