Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

100%

Poor Redders actually believes that deals that didnt happen establish market value
In your world, you'd have your house up for $1m because that's the market value you've been appraised at. But then, when a buyer you've agreed with to buy the place at $1m says "Oh I can't afford that now coz I took a hit on my own house" you'd say to yourself "Oh well. I guess I have to accept much less from someone else" even when the original buyer is still trying to re-finance !

Sorry AA but you have no idea. You fold quicker than a Chinese envelope.

Except Wet Coke never actually had 14 to put on the table. Kinda like writing a cheque when ya don't actually have any money in the bank.
That's entirely not the point. Try again Old China, Cobber, Knackers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Happy with that. 6 and 23 in a strong draft would be a good return. 20 and 23 good picks to take talls with, or move up the order either this year or next year.

So that leaves us with 1, 6, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24, plus whatever we get for Baker?

It definitely feels like we need to use some of these picks to trade up. We need another pick in the top 10.

Reactions: 5 users
In your world, you'd have your house up for $1m because that's the market value you've been appraised at. But then, when a buyer you've agreed with to buy the place at $1m says "Oh I can't afford that now coz I took a hit on my own house" you'd say to yourself "Oh well. I guess I have to accept much less from someone else" even when the original buyer is trying to re-finance !

Sorry AA but you have no idea. You fold quicker than a Chinese envelope.

If you really want to use that analogy it's more like a potential buyer says "I'll pay you a million but I don't have the money now, I might have it later in the week depending on a few big value stock market trades that I have going".

I'd say "that's great, get back to me if those stock trades work out, in the meantime I'll explore other options with say Freo who actually might have some cash lying around".

Guess what Redders, those stock trades didn't come off.

That's entirely not the point. Try again Old China, Cobber, Knackers.

It is exactly the point.

Reactions: 1 users
So that leaves us with 1, 6, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24, plus whatever we get for Baker?

It definitely feels like we need to use some of these picks to trade up. We need another pick in the top 10.
That's a ripper draft hand. I wouldn't be giving up the farm to get pick 2 or 3 with the quality in this draft and remember players will slide

Reactions: 10 users
If you really want to use that analogy it's more like a potential buyer says "I'll pay you a million but I don't have the money now, I might have it later in the week depending on a few big value stock market trades that I have going".

I'd say "that's great, get back to me if those stock trades work out, in the meantime I'll explore other options with say Freo who actually might have some cash lying around".

Guess what Redders, those stock trades didn't come off.

It is exactly the point.
Absolute rubbish. You conveniently forgot the appraisal or market value part. There wasn't anyone saying 14 for Baker wasn't about right.

You're going into soft landing mode yet again AA where any sub optimal or even sub equitable outlook for Richmond is concerned. Enough with the excuses all the time for Richmond.

Let me ask you this. Simple yes or no will suffice. Did you, or did you not, expect last week (before Hawthorn lost patience with WCE) that 14 for Baker with WCE would be done ? Y or N ?

Last edited:
If we get 6 23 for Rioli and they want something in 30s value we should give back our junk picks 51 61 70
Unfortunately those junk picks only add up to a bit over 400 points. Equal to p41.
Nowhere near enough for 30s pick unless you mean 39 which will turn into about p 41-45
Funnily enough I've been saying the same thing since we did the Brisbane trade.
Yeah funnily enough a few of us said the same. if we had pick32 we could. Without it we can’t. Not enough points left. Only the equivalent to pick 41 which will ebb and flow depending on academy picks and draft pick/points used.
It could end up a few spots lower or quite a few higher.

Actually I might try to do a hyperthetical. Probably a very rough one that will get canned. :giggle:
Might just get an idea from a couple of phantom drafts.
But if I use for example
Ashcroft at p2
Lombard at p8
Kako at 12
Camporeale1 at p20
Camporeale2 at p30.
Then the clubs wanting them and the points/picks used and see where they land. Might give some idea of the draft pick movement.

So what's the latest thinking on how deep the talent goes? Do we play the percentages by maximising quantity of picks in the 1st round, or is the top 10 going to be so much better than the rest that we sacrifice quantity to trade up into quality? What's the likelihood of actually prying a top 10 pick loose without having to sell the house? And if we can't get a top 10, is it worth losing a couple of picks in the early 20s to trade up four or five spots? Hmmm.

Also, does the fact that we have so many spots to fill push us more towards quantity? I reckon that's where I'm leaning at the moment. If the draft is as deep as everyone seems to think, and with the picks we'll have, bundling and trading up may produce rapidly diminishing returns.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Blair's office. Fascinating stuff.

Unfortunately those junk picks only add up to a bit over 400 points. Equal to p41.
Nowhere near enough for 30s pick unless you mean 39 which will turn into about p 4

Yeah funnily enough a few of us said the same. if we had pick32 we could. Without it we can’t. Not enough points left. Only the equivalent to pick 41 which will ebb and flow depending on academy picks and draft pick/points used.
It could end up a few spots lower or quite a few higher.

Actually I might try to do a hyperthetical. Probably a very rough one that will get canned. :giggle:
Might just get an idea from a couple of phantom drafts.
But if I use for example
Ashcroft at p2
Lombard at p8
Kako at 12
Camporeale1 at p20
Camporeale2 at p30.
Then the clubs wanting them and the points/picks used and see where they land. Might give some idea of the draft pick movement.

Thats the benefit of those 51 and 61. They are mostly behind Brisbane's picks that they'll use to match Ashcroft, so when a Lombard bid comes will come in quite a bit, and be more valuable than what they are.

Plus why generate more points than you need. If we trade 51 and 61 they essentially get all the points (with their later picks) to bid on Lombard from Pick 9. Giving them an extra 200 points with Pick 32 would have given them points that would have gone unused. Its efficient to trade them 51 and 61.

Reactions: 3 users
So what's the latest thinking on how deep the talent goes? Do we play the percentages by maximising quantity of picks in the 1st round, or is the top 10 going to be so much better than the rest that we sacrifice quantity to trade up into quality? What's the likelihood of actually prying a top 10 pick loose without having to sell the house? And if we can't get a top 10, is it worth losing a couple of picks in the early 20s to trade up four or five spots? Hmmm.

Also, does the fact that we have so many spots to fill push us more towards quantity? I reckon that's where I'm leaning at the moment. If the draft is as deep as everyone seems to think, and with the picks we'll have, bundling and trading up may produce rapidly diminishing returns.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Blair's office. Fascinating stuff.
My latest thinking hasn’t changed from my earlier thinking.
I want early picks, lots of early picks. At least 7 out of the first 10. Then some more after that.
Desperate times call for seperate measures. Get some hackers in, pay them out of the sale of some of the the Dyer Stand bricks.
#lolnorf won’t even notice their p2 gone for some loose picks
WC and Clarke can have our 20s picks for P3
The others, just virtual internet swap for what we need. I don’t see why people make a big deal about doing trades. You just need the willopower to get things done 😁

Ralpho talking as if DRioli will get done for 6 and 23 and we’ll throw back a later pick and Freo I’ll end up giving up 10 and 11 they just want a 3rd club into push 11 back a bit
That’s what Ralph hears from other clubs
who are pushing their own agenda’s.
Be surprised if anything is coming from us.

Posting over the last few days is a great example of too many cooks breaking the camel’s back
I'm still waiting for the straw that spoiled the broth but i'm sure its coming. It will most likely contain the number '32' and the phrase 'bent over'.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hurry up with your alternative proposal Clarke. Let's hear it. Nobody cares about the time difference over there either. :ROFLMAO:

Come draft night you can almost bank on being offered future 1st rounders for any of 20, 23 & 24. Better to save them for the draft

Reactions: 2 users
We only have alphabet soup mate. Not broth with numbers :giggle:
If you get a big enough tureen you’ll be “bent over” all right
Not sure if that's because you're happy I brought lots of broth or because giant tureens are heavy...

• Haha
Come draft night you can almost bank on being offered future 1st rounders for any of 20, 23 & 24. Better to save them for the draft
does any team have any left they would be willing to part with?
Seems like a lot got traded this year to other clubs to get into this draft.