Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

That’s the sweetener Willo. We won’t be using that pick. But need it off Freo to make it happen.

We don’t have a pick in the 30s. That pick sailed away to Brisbane.
All we have is picks 51, 61, 70, they can have them. Worth about 420 points. Equivalent to p41 if they don’t want the points and want a pick.
Otherwise we have give them a future 3rd or 4th rounder. Or break up 2024 p24 1st pick of the 2nd round. Which we won’t do.

we have p70 worth zero points.

Reactions: 1 users
We don’t have a pick in the 30s. That pick sailed away to Brisbane.
All we have is picks 51, 61, 70, they can have them. Worth about 420 points. Equivalent to p41 if they don’t want the points and want a pick.
Otherwise we have give them a future 3rd or 4th rounder. Or break up 2024 p24 1st pick of the 2nd round. Which we won’t do.

we have p70 worth zero points.
We will give them pick 30 we get from Freo

We better not be. That pick is gold.

Yeah that's a ripper pick.

Really want 8 picks inside 24 this draft. Very do-able.

Use either 6 of them (or maybe 7) this year and use 23 and or 24 for future firsts on the night.

Or shuffle them back a few spots each time for future picks like we did last year.

It's why am not keen on two for one deals or a Baker shuffle up and not getting an extra pick.

We need all these picks to get talent in, not just in this draft, but multiple firsts in 2025 as well. Getting less volume really hurts that.

If we're smart, we'll bank some up for next year. With the new points system, and all the academy picks, we'll be in demand we can set another big bounty up.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Nah we will get picks 10 & 11. Freo won’t give up the opportunity to get Bolton over 7 positions in the draft.
That's not what I'm saying. You had 10,11 and 30 originally with 24 going out.

You've corrected it now after your retirement home buddy Nobets spilt his hot chocolate on you and woke you up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

You've corrected it now after your retirement home buddy Nobets spilt his hot chocolate on you and woke you up.
Settle down Waldorf. We are keeping 24.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We will give them pick 30 we get from Freo

No, I'm pretty sure 51 and 61 will be heading to the GC. The article I read said they wanted a pick in the 30's but didn't have to be a pick in the 30's just similar value. 51 and 61 equal 42, if you add 70 it gets to 41. Once Ashcroft is bid on, Brisbane will lose a combination of picks 32, 34, 42, 43 and 45 depending on where the bid is made.

GC will be fussed about where their pick comes into as thats what the value will be to them when they go to use those picks, so those 2 picks, likely come into a value of mid to late 30's, so right in the wheelhouse of what they are after.

If Kako is bid on before Lombard, even better as the Bombers will lose a bunch of picks before those picks too, increasing the value of the picks left to GC.

They don't need anymore value in this years draft, if there were any other picks changing hands, they'd be future ones.

Reactions: 7 users

Yeah even Leysy's confused what Smokin Pot's talking about here. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No, I'm pretty sure 51 and 61 will be heading to the GC. The article I read said they wanted a pick in the 30's but didn't have to be a pick in the 30's just similar value. 51 and 61 equal 42, if you add 70 it gets to 41. Once Ashcroft is bid on, Brisbane will lose a combination of picks 32, 34, 42, 43 and 45 depending on where the bid is made.

GC will be fussed about where their pick comes into as thats what the value will be to them when they go to use those picks, so those 2 picks, likely come into a value of mid to late 30's, so right in the wheelhouse of what they are after.

If Kako is bid on before Lombard, even better as the Bombers will lose a bunch of picks before those picks too, increasing the value of the picks left to GC.

They don't need anymore value in this years draft, if there were any other picks changing hands, they'd be future ones.
You are the points expert MrP. So won’t argue with that.

But regardless we won’t be using Pick 30 so it will get traded.

I'm still waiting for the straw that spoiled the broth but i'm sure its coming. It will most likely contain the number '32' and the phrase 'bent over'.
Just shuddered at the thought of a sentence that includes bent over and a straw

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah that's a ripper pick.

Really want 8 picks inside 24 this draft. Very do-able.

Use either 6 of them (or maybe 7) this year and use 23 and or 24 for future firsts on the night.

Or shuffle them back a few spots each time for future picks like we did last year.

It's why am not keen on two for one deals or a Baker shuffle up and not getting an extra pick.

We need all these picks to get talent in, not just in this draft, but multiple firsts in 2025 as well. Getting less volume really hurts that.

If we're smart, we'll bank some up for next year. With the new points system, and all the academy picks, we'll be in demand we can set another big bounty up.
Yeah 23 and 24, are gold.

But would you swap pick 6 & 11 for picks 2 & 25?

I reckon we might use 30, less likely to use 24, we'll trade that 1 for a future 1st I reckon.
I agree. It has more value that way rather than as just another draft pick. To us anyway.
But no doubt Blair will weigh that up depending on who is left on the draft board that we like. Good position to be in