Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I think it’s your logic that’s way off AA. You don’t seem to be able to separate the Barrass-Hawthorn deal from the WCE-Baker one. They are two totally different deals.

You’re basically saying that because WCE couldn’t get their ducks in a row, we now have to accept something less. Huh ?

No we don’t, that’s not our problem, not with 2 parties still very much interested in him, one of them the original interest.

Oh, it definitely is our problem if, say, they can't do something equivalent. Then we have a decision and hey presto, it's now our problem. Or we don't trade, or we deal with Freo. None of those scenarios magically equal 14.

We could something better for bakes, we could get something worse. Or we could get nothing.

But the idea that his market value is now magically set at 14 is just silly.

Reactions: 1 users
The five trades in this pdf tell clearly why points are important and especially for teams with F/S or Academy picks. If they weren't important then teams wouldn't be doing these trades.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf
You post links about as well as you make a good case for your opinions

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Oh, it definitely is our problem if, say, they can't do something equivalent. Then we have a decision and hey presto, it's now our problem. Or we don't trade, or we deal with Freo. None of those scenarios magically equal 14.

We could something better for bakes, we could get something worse. Or we could get nothing.

But the idea that his market value is now magically set at 14 is just silly.
As spook said, something like pick 30 needs to be added to a Freo B and B deal to make it equitable.

Let's see what Blair spits out.

West Coast will dig very very deep before giving up on the possibility of a trophy like Baker, getting to their club. Bad for the club in a number of respects if they don't get it done.
We would most benefit if we get pick 3 from such a trade. This is that once in a lifetime moment when the trade of a future 1st may be justified. Not there yet but ...

Reactions: 1 user
You post links about as well as you make a good case for your opinions
What?? My opinions are commonly well explained and more importantly right. ;) :) I can't help it if you have a closed mind and rose coloured glasses constantly on.

• Haha
West Coast will dig very very deep before giving up on the possibility of a trophy like Baker, getting to their club. Bad for the club in a number of respects if they don't get it done.
We would most benefit if we get pick 3 from such a trade. This is that once in a lifetime moment when the trade of a future 1st may be justified. Not there yet but ...
The only way we should consider trading our F1 is if it gets up both picks 2 & 3 as a straight swap.

What?? My opinions are commonly well explained and more importantly right. ;) :) I can't help it if you have a closed mind and rose coloured glasses constantly on.
You mix metaphors better than you post links.

Still, you'll always he remembered here for your "disgusting trade" analysis.

• Haha
Pick 2 and 3 ain't gonna happen. WC and Nth won't trade them. Blair should be focussing on maximising the number of picks in the top end of the draft

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 user
Just having a bit of a read thru. Personally given how deep this draft is reported to be,come draft night i would have loved us to have kept pick 32.
Back to back picks 42 and 43 are very valuable this draft . These picks are worth more than what they are valued at this year.

There is bound to be some very good players who have slid and i'm real sure there will be clubs very interested in getting their hands on them as well.

I think in all the discussions that have gone on here, just how DEEP this draft is, is being constantly overlooked or undervalued..