Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Your logic is wack here redders. The deal for 14/bakes was never done.

Let's say somehow we did a deal for Bakes/18. That's what the market paid. Does that override the "market precedent" of Bakes=14?

Barass for 14 was mooted, didnt happen. But by your logic, Barass is now worth 14 as there was a "market precedent" for that as well, even though it didnt happen.

Weird, weird logic Redford.
I think it’s your logic that’s way off AA. You don’t seem to be able to separate the Barrass-Hawthorn deal from the WCE-Baker one. They are two totally different deals.

You’re basically saying that because WCE couldn’t get their ducks in a row, we now have to accept something less. Huh ?

No we don’t, that’s not our problem, not with 2 parties still very much interested in him, one of them the original interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
AFL Trade Radio is nothing but a talkback with stories. Might as well listen to Classical Music FM.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I finally pulled the plug on AFL Trade Radio.....enough of that Tomcat Morris voice....

As always we massively overrate our own players. Bakes is a tough little bastard with great spirit, can play anywhere, reasonable skills, can kick a goal and that is worth a lot.

He's not elite - at his peak now but will be in decline.
Agree, great little player, versatile but already felt he was in decline towards the end of the year, less than 16 disposals in the last 8 games. Maybe his contract situation was playing on his mind. Pick 14 to me was a good deal. Really not sure how WC do this now. Freo makes it interesting but I guess that depends on Baker.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree, great little player, versatile but already felt he was in decline towards the end of the year, less than 16 disposals in the last 8 games. Maybe his contract situation was playing on his mind. Pick 14 to me was a good deal. Really not sure how WC do this now. Freo makes it interesting but I guess that depends on Baker.
I don't think our last 8 rounds would reflect well on any of our players - except Mansell and Banks.
Baker is a goal a game 20 disposal half forward/change mid. He should have pretty good value.
14 appears to be the accepted value- primarily because that's what everyone thought the WEagles would have to trade.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think our last 8 rounds would reflect well on any of our players - except Mansell and Banks.
Baker is a goal a game 20 disposal half forward/change mid. He should have pretty good value.
14 appears to be the accepted value- primarily because that's what everyone thought the WEagles would have to trade.
I just thought watching Baker that he was very flat this year. Didn't seem his cheery self which is why I said contract situation might have been playing on his mind. I personally don't consider him a great mid, he played mid stints more out of necessity this year, to me his best position was always half back flank which suits WC better. Don't get too many of those going for high first round draft picks. Rioli is an exception as a HBF, I consider him elite and a real asset to any team contending for a premiership. Pick 14 to 18 is acceptable for Baker imo. Can't really see us getting any more for him.

Next years first round pick or 2nd

Is the deal done.
Hurry Up GIF

• Haha
  • Love
You don't have to worry about how we rate or don't rate him. You only have to worry about what the market says.

And to that end, 14 as a precedence has been set by another club. To move back from that - particularly 4 spots - is accepting unders.
How do we even know that it would have been a straight swap Baker for 14? Pick 14 might have been the basis for the deal, but WC may have wanted something else back in another pick or an upgrade of pick. We'll never really know

Reactions: 5 users