Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

The West Australian reporting this morning that "match winner" Shai Bolton is likely to land at Freo for "some combination of picks #10, 11 and 18". Softening up the Freo public?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I've been reading them no worries. Melbourne didn't have the points we had, plus they didn't have the non bid at 1 option, plus they paid a premium for pick 9, not 20. There's no way they would have sold the farm for pick 20 like they did for 9.

Just hoping Blair has some other agreement with Bris in place otherwise it was too much to pay IMO.

Anyway I've had my say on it also.
Post doesn't make sense. Melb paid double the premium we did, because the pick was higher. They would have sold half the amount of the farm for 20 as they did for 9, thats the point. We have clear reference points. Probably halve that again for pick say 32 etc etc.

So, are the big trades not going to be announced until just before the deadline on Wednesday night?

Reactions: 2 users
The West Australian reporting this morning that "match winner" Shai Bolton is likely to land at Freo for "some combination of picks #10, 11 and 18". Softening up the Freo public?
Ha ha, last week it was 'strong offer of 10 and 18 for flaky forward'

Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 1 users
Can you get narcolepsy from trade week? Asking for a fr……..

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Post doesn't make sense. Melb paid double the premium we did, because the pick was higher. They would have sold half the amount of the farm for 20 as they did for 9, thats the point. We have clear reference points. Probably halve that again for pick say 32 etc etc.
Melb paid 1,747 points plus a future first. Bris don't want a future first. Also we have pick 1 non bid in the deal. Melbourne had no hope of pick 20.

Anyway whatever..

Reactions: 1 user
If Freo convinces Bakes to go there I'm accepting 10, 11, 18 and 30 for Shai and Bakes.
Sounds like its eagles or bust for bakes, barring a Blair baby blue ball bruising.*

*(doesn't actually make sense just wanted the octo alliteration).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Huh ? The only reason it wasn't traded to us was because Clarke stuffed Hawthorn around - obviously wanted more for Barrass - but who cares. That's otherwise got nothing to do with the separate deal for Baker ?

14 was going to be used for Baker ie the market value for Baker which, incidentally, even most Richmond haters in the media also thought was fair value.

We need WCE to find that value again or Freo to stump ump more for both B&B to match it as well.

Your logic is wack here redders. The deal for 14/bakes was never done.

Let's say somehow we did a deal for Bakes/18. That's what the market paid. Does that override the "market precedent" of Bakes=14?

Barass for 14 was mooted, didnt happen. But by your logic, Barass is now worth 14 as there was a "market precedent" for that as well, even though it didnt happen.

Weird, weird logic Redford.

Reactions: 1 user