Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Jake Niall reporting we're close to a deal with the Suns for The Prince. I imagine that means we're getting 6 & 23.

Once that's done we can squeeze Nepo Baby Walls' nuts. 1, 6, 20, 23, 24 and Bolton is fine by us. Your move, Wanchor.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I doubt the deal we made included any agreement not to bid. We paid a fair price for pick 20, surely any under the table deal would have moved the pick 20 trade back into our favour more.
I would say it's hardly an under the table deal, makes total sense that you would agree not to bid. Anyway we shall see come November. Feel free to say I told you so if we do bid. My hard-earned is on us not bidding.

Reactions: 1 users
Jake Niall reporting we're close to a deal with the Suns for The Prince. I imagine that means we're getting 6 & 23.

Once that's done we can squeeze Nepo Baby Walls' nuts. 1, 6, 20, 23, 24 and Bolton is fine by us. Your move, Wanchor.
Freo will cave 100% - They really want Baker. Baker and Bolton I feel we will get more than 10,11 & 18 maybe even a pick next year.
The longer we drag it out the bigger the bidding war on Baker.

Reactions: 3 users
Freo won't give Bolton up for a 7 pick downgrade of their 1st. If they are prepared to do 10 and 18, they will go to 10 and 11. Whether thats with later picks swapped or not, but I'm certain we get both picks.

Their list manager would be negligent to give up a star like Shai when they are available to you for a 7 pick difference.

Reactions: 10 users
Freo will cave 100% - They really want Baker. Baker and Bolton I feel we will get more than 10,11 & 18 maybe even a pick next year.
The problem for Freo is that Baker doesn't want them.

Freo won't give Bolton up for a 7 pick downgrade of their 1st. If they are prepared to do 10 and 18, they will go to 10 and 11. Whether thats with later picks swapped or not, but I'm certain we get both picks.

Their list manager would be negligent to give up a star like Shai when they are available to you for a 7 pick difference.
Once we get what we want for Daniel and Baker (from West Coast), Freo will give all three of 10, 11 and 18.

lol i can't wait 'till deadline day

Exactly. We've got 2 buyers for Baker here, a 14 precedence set for him, so let's push it out between them both and not accept sub optimal value like one or two are prepared to.

Reactions: 4 users

Once we get what we want for Daniel and Baker (from West Coast), Freo will give all three of 10, 11 and 18.
They'll need to make an add on if Baker is involved. Give us your F2.

Agree 100%. And it should happen. But there is a chance that he could be negligent. Remember Dudoro baulked on Bobby Hill at late first/ early second 'cos the price was too high, and GWS kept him for another year.

They'll need to make an add on if Baker is involved. Give us your F2.
Yeah, what I'm saying is we're selling Bakes to West Coast, then we wait out Freo, who will cave and give us all three picks for Shai. We might give them something back. 76?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, what I'm saying is we're selling Bakes to West Coast, then we wait out Freo, who will cave and give us all three picks for Shai. We might give them something back. 76?
I like it, and that is fair compo, but can't see it. 10 and 11 is a great deal for Freo and that should be our bottom line, walk away price.

Reactions: 3 users
I like it, and that is fair compo, but can't see it. 10 and 11 is a great deal for Freo and that should be our bottom line, walk away price.
Freo know that already, I reckon. They've just been posturing until now. Once we get everything else done they will say 'ok, 10 and 11', but Blair will go all Sonny Weaver Jr and tell them we live in a different world to just 30 seconds ago.

You think Freo will go from Picks 10 & 18 to all chips in with Picks 10,11 & 18?? Blair must be squeezing those balls hard!

• Love
Because I can't imagine agreeing to do a swap that doesn't include us not bidding. 100% part of the deal. Pretty confident of that.

Yes. Why would Brisbane do a deal with us for points if we were going to bid and cost them more points? Can't see it.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a number of list lodgements still to come. Contracts expiry Oct 31
How many draft positions do you think Brisbane have?
5 have been delisted or retired. Another 4 are out of contract and haven’t been re-signed. 2 are looking to be traded.
Contracts expire October 31. Depending on who or if they recontract any player. Or trade any out. Anywhere between 5 to 11 list vacancies.

They have plenty of options.There are 2 list lodgement periods before the National draft on November 20.PSD and rookie drafts and final List Lodgement.

There is also the DFA periods, there is also the Draft trade pick only period.
So far they have 7 picks worth any points. 5 confirmed vacancies so far. They can condense picks for a single pick, they can still delist after Oct 31, they can still trade players out.
List vacancies for draft numbers are meaningless until it gets to National Draft Day.
For example how many draft picks did we have to start Trade Week with? After trading out a heap we’ve still got 7 picks.

There’s still a fair way to go yet

They'll no doubt keep most of those picks (might split 32 for two later picks for more points).

They'll take a heap of picks into draft night then combine them up for points to match Ashcroft and then Marshall.

Freo know that already, I reckon. They've just been posturing until now. Once we get everything else done they will say 'ok, 10 and 11', but Blair will go all Sonny Weaver Jr and tell them we live in a different world to just 30 seconds ago.
The fans are getting toey. Had a look at a couple of threads, the 'he's a star and 10 and 11 is a steal' crew are winning the day.